• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

dangermouse said:
Who stole the rest of the women's costumes?

Yeah Olivia Munn looks overdressed in that X-Men outfit :-D...

p18i7e8p3n1v4cge513uk12211f34.jpg

Well they're definitely going full blown 80s. Is that bad? Not necessarily. It fits the time. Apocalypse though... he does kind of look silly. Never got the complaints about Quicksilver's outfit from the last film - he's supposed to just be some silly kid. But Apocalypse, he's supposed to be intimidating. Thank god Oscar Isaac's playing him, we know he'll bring the goods and make up for any deficiencies in his look with his performance.

Still pumped for this.

[MENTION=26261]Masirimso17[/MENTION] Yeah I guess you're right. I guess I'm doubtful because I've been waiting for Apocalypse to happen and its set in the 80s and I really didn't want the movie to fail. But this is Bryan Singer we're talking about, I haven't seen him do any wrong by any of his previous super-hero movies, so I'll leave the judging for when the movie comes out :)

addiesin said:
Actually, all the women are collectively sharing one costume.

:lol: It's about your costumes, ladies - I'm afraid there's been some cuts in the budget...

Based on the few photos posted so far and the leaked trailer, I am LOVING everything I am seeing! With each movie, Singer and the studio become a little more confident and move closer to the look of the comics, which I am totally in favour of! Never liked the black motorcycle leather outfits of the first few movies. I really hope the young X-Men team wearing something similar to the First Class uniforms.... I will probably have a nerdgasm if they give Cyclops a full skull cap/visor/mask costume! That would rule!!!! lol!

Here's the official synopsis for "X-Men Apocalypse". Source.

I'm putting it in spoiler tags for those sensitive Nancys who don't want to know a single thing about a movie before it's released.

Since the dawn of civilization, he was worshiped as a god. Apocalypse, the first and most powerful mutant from Marvel’s X-Men universe, amassed the powers of many other mutants, becoming immortal and invincible. Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.

hm, sounds like the jennifer lawrence boost is still propelling raven to the front of the franchise

Apocalypse looks exactly like Ivan Ooze from Power Rangers and nobody will convince me otherwise.

I'm hoping this turns out well. I've not been a big fan of Singer's X-Men movies (The only two I actually like are First Class and The Wolverine) but he looks to be embracing the silliness a little more, which should help.

Singer directed neither First Class nor The Wolverine though.

Right, he said he wasn't a big fan of Singer's movies. He liked 2 of the non-Singer flicks the best.

Oh right. Misread it. My bad.

MWRK said:
Oh right. Misread it. My bad.

I probably could've phrased it better, but yeah that's what I meant. X-Men 2 was okay (it doesn't hold up as well now as it did when it first came out) and Days of Future Past was decent but inferior to First Class and The Wolverine for me.

I actually find The Wolverine to be highly underrated. The first Wolverine movie was god-awful but the second one was surprisingly well put together little action movie. It falls apart a bit at the end with Silver Samurai, but it's forgivable considering how strong the rest of the picture is.

I've got nothing but high hopes for this. Singer's 3 are my favourite of this franchise, and I was so happy when he came back to produce First Class and direct Days Of Future Past.

No matter how unlikely it may be at this point, my ultimate dream would be for Singer to follow Apocalypse with an OT sequel so I can finally get the X3 we deserved. It's amazing to me that nearly 10 years later, we are still dealing with damage control after TLS.

^ Hmmm, not sure. I'll need to see more (although I'll go to see it regardless).

I'm kinda disappointed - the trailer feels too noisy to be really effective, plus the FX work seems rough. But I do like what I've seen of Apocalypse. I appreciate the design and Oscar Isaac's intonations.

Oh dear. I found the trailer to be trying way too hard TO BE EEEEEPIC. Left me very underwhelmed. :-(

Some of that green screen towards the end looked a bit ropey to me... Doesn't have me as pumped as I hoped it would.

Gonna go see it regardless :p

I think this is the same trailer that was released at Comic Con back in July???

After watching a couple of times, I like what I am seeing and I am very excited to see it. Clearly the events of DOFP have created a new timeline with the inclusion of a young Nightcrawler on the team in the 80s. But is Nightcrawler of the son of Mystique in this movie verse? And what is the relationship between Havok and Cyclops in this version? Is Havok a much older brother or maybe Scott's father? Also, it reaffirms my personal theory that mutants age much slower than homo sapiens, considering almost 20 years have passed since First Class and its still another 20 years til the first X-Men movie. Not too crazy about the look of the latest uniforms. I wish they were closer in style to the First Class costumes. I mean from the little I seen the bad guy costumes look like they are lifted directly from the comics, why don't our heroes get the same treatment?:)

Back
Top Bottom