• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Where the Wild Things Are: The Wild Rumpus Edition

BD version is now available via newsgroups. The .nzb has been submitted and should be available shortly. :)

somehow I ended up with two different versions of part10. One is missing 3 blocks, the other is missing one block. Any chance of a par file with 1 blocks, so part10 can be repaired?

edit: sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to the BD.

Pesky old part 10, hey? I uploaded it three times, and each time power post told me it had been uploaded successfully, but binsearch indicates otherwise. I'll try again soon, not sure what went wrong there. Thanks for letting me know

well I only downloaded 2 of the versions, so... let me look around for a third version. It would probably be easier to just create a 1 block par file though.

:) ok, will do - thanks.

wabid said:
somehow I ended up with two different versions of part10. One is missing 3 blocks, the other is missing one block. Any chance of a par file with 1 blocks, so part10 can be repaired?edit: sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to the BD.

Out of interest, did you create your own .nzb, or use mine?

Try a search for ***edited by mod***

I just used this with grabit, and managed to download part 10 successfully.

( mods: I think I am allowed to reference a search, as long as I don't link to it? feel free to edit if necessary :) )

Both actually. I searched and made an nzb. The one I made included your nzb so I redownloaded part 10. I will try again.
Your name is unique. I really only have to search for njvc. Grabit user as well.

OK, so I decided to dig a little deeper. I downloaded the files and used yenc32 to encode them myself. It said part10 was incomplete. So I went into the cache folder and it seems

***edited by mod***

for part ten seems missing. I tried two different newsservers too, and still was getting a corrupt file.

Thanks wabid, I'll try to upload that one part. Failing that, maybe someone could try grabbing this file from mediafire and uploading it for me... there appears to be a monkey in my puter.

njvc said:
Thanks wabid, I'll try to upload that one part. Failing that, maybe someone could try grabbing this file from mediafire and uploading it for me... there appears to be a monkey in my puter.

I still think the par file is the way to go. You will only have to upload 1 additional mb. And considering they are standard newsgroup operating procedure, everyone already knows how to use them (eg double click the par file, click repair.)

If you have multipar installed (and shell extensions enabled) just right click on part 10 and click "create recovery volume."

Also triple check your original part10 still unrars.

Thanks heaps wabid. The original file is fine, so all should be ok now. I've uploaded par2 recovery files for the corrupted part 10. They've been tested, and seem to work fine. Let me know how you go!We now return you to your regular programming

I edited out some of the specifics on the previous page. I'm not 100% sure it was necessary to do so but better safe than sorry.

In the future, you guys could probably sort that kind of issue out using PMs.

TV's Frink said:
I edited out some of the specifics on the previous page. I'm not 100% sure it was necessary to do so but better safe than sorry.

In the future, you guys could probably sort that kind of issue out using PMs.

Yeah, things got just a little too specific there. It's not that we're trying to prevent people from finding fanedits, it's just that it crosses over into a binsearch/usenet help forum, which this is not.

Acceptable discussion:

Editor - This has been uploaded to usenet. You can find it on binsearch.
Member - Can't find it.
Editor - Search "fanedit".
Member - Still can't find it.
Editor - PM sent.

We did move the discussion to pm, and it went on for quite a while. I totally understand why you edited it out. I only posted a filename which I still think is ok, but better safe than sorry. This wasn't as much not being able to find a file as for some reason 300kb from the middle of apost was missing. It was a fairly odd situation because njvc uploaded it multiple times. In this case I caught the corruption before njvc and before anything was posted on info. I just happened to be creeping on njvc and noticed the error. All is well in the universe and it seems as if I am talking over our regularly scheduled program.

Pleased to report that the DVD and BD versions are now available via both usenet and mediafire.

.dlc's and .nzb's available in the usual place. Files are password protected.

PM me if you need assistance. :)

Neglify said:
Can you do the dishes for me tomorrow?

No...But I can in three weeks :)

(ps, that is not a PM. please refer to the rules, FAQ, Google and the bible to learn what a PM is)

Please Prime Minister me if you would like to discuss this further.

I don't wanna. I want everybody to see our conversations.

Back
Top Bottom