• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What is everybody reading?

Got some nice thick comic collections today.

STL084213_1024x1024.jpg

issues #39-55 and UK issues #149, 151, 153-157, and 159

15798423._UY475_SS475_.jpg

Superman #294, 301-302, 307-309, 347; DC Comics Presents #1-4, 17, 20, 24, 31; and All New Collector's Edition C-54

clean.jpg

issues #1-30 and Annual #1

And this gorgeous art book
A1tV0nWxbgL.jpg

I got a few books for Christmas, and will be starting with Groucho and Me by Groucho Marx.  It is absolutely insane.

Got a dad jokes book for Christmas.

Appropriate.

Scared Stiff by Jahnna N. Malcolm

a03c741c82a0ae19e0f5b96f721bad3c.jpg

I read a copy of this book (with different cover art) when I was in the seventh or eighth grade. I read it only once, but for one reason or another, the imagery of the contents stuck with me. When I found it was available to borrow from archive.org, I figured I'd read it again to see how it stood the test of time.

Well, great literature it certainly ain't — nobody talks like these characters do, and that ending couldn't be less sensible — but as a moderately entertaining, macabre yarn aimed at young teens, it gets the job done.

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

A fantastic satirical funny look at the spoiled children of Asia's crazy rich. Awesome details, great story, great characters. Better than the movie as always due to the extra story and more interesting subplots. The portrayals are so realistic and deep, showing the politics of the elite and how people of status treat others (Old-money vs. New-money rich). Based on this book I really like Kevin Kwan's style of writing and definitely looking forward to reading the sequels. This book was so engaging to me I finished it in less than a week. 9/10

The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels

Yeah, I'll never be a Marxist, my hatred for capitalism not withstanding.

Duragizer said:

I read that recently too, but I actually really liked a lot of the ideas (the ones I could understand that is, but I'm Dumb).

suspiciouscoffee said:
Duragizer said:

I read that recently too, but I actually really liked a lot of the ideas (the ones I could understand that is, but I'm Dumb).

Don't get me wrong; there's quite a bit in there I agreed with. But any ideology which sees "law, morality, religion, [as] so many bourgeois prejudices, behind which lurk in ambush just as many bourgeois interests" and "openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions" is one I am automatically at odds with.

Duragizer said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
Duragizer said:

Don't get me wrong; there's quite a bit in there I agreed with. But any ideology which sees "law, morality, religion, [as] so many bourgeois prejudices, behind which lurk in ambush just as many bourgeois interests" and "openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions" is one I am automatically at odds with.

Ah, yeah, that.

I have started reading The World According to Garp on a whim, when I was going to borrow Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep from my father, but he forgot to grab it, and I was running out of time because I needed a book to read during school. Anyways, so I've been reading this book, already expecting it to be good considering it's my father's second favorite book, and one of my mother's favorites apparently, though she's never mentioned it like he has.
This is a lot of digressing. 
Anyways, World According to Garp, pretty good so far, though I'm not very far into it.

Currently getting ready to read American Gods before season 2 airs towards the end of next month.

XlpsVD0m.jpg

Its title sounds raunchy, but it's actually a LitRPG (or GameLit) from the perspective of a Mimic---a monster that disguises itself as a wooden chest. The woman on the cover gets eaten by the mimic near the start of the book. It's really good, and I'm rather enjoying it.

chyron8472 said:
XlpsVD0m.jpg

Its title sounds raunchy, but it's actually a LitRPG (or GameLit) from the perspective of a Mimic---a monster that disguises itself as a wooden chest. The woman on the cover gets eaten by the mimic near the start of the book. It's really good, and I'm rather enjoying it.

Clickbait at its finest...

Or rather... Coverbait?

517NRV1ZD2L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Art's crude, and Superman starting an oil fire is an idea someone somewhere should've vetoed, but overall, I like it.

Two leaps over tall buildings out of two.

TVs Frink said:
Any Star Wars book that's terrible has to be "universally" terrible.

well, maybe just galactically terrible. :D

Back
Top Bottom