• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What are your plans for purchasing the Star Wars Blu Rays?

Are you planning on buying the new Blu Ray set of Star Wars?

• Yes, I will be buying the full Saga set.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Yes, but only the Original Trilogy set.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes, but only the Prequel Trilogy set.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm done giving LFL money until they release the theatrical versions.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No. Period. I'm done.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yes, but only as a used set.

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
I bought the bluray saga boxset and the transfers are amazing for the prequels in terms of sound and picture quality. Didn't think much to the transfer of A New Hope I thought Adywan did a better job, Empire is the least touched film by Lucas and the picture quality in that was awesome IMO. Jedi was a bit of a disapointment too in terms of quality. Just thankful my favourite "Empire" was remastered well.

I'd say the saga is worth buying, I know they have been altered but when viewed 1-6 it "kind of" makes sense but some of the additions are a little unnecessary, i.e. more rocks covering R2, Obi-wans "scarier" call to frighten off the Tucken Raiders and of course Vaders 2 "noooooooos" at the end of Jedi.

I am still surprised Lucas did not re do Hayden at the end of Jedi as still looks like a photoshop job with his head pasted on Shaw's and also some of the CGI looks really cartoony now.

Some of the extras IMO are not up to much, I did like the interviews though as some bits in there not seen before but hate the way they are not full screen. Good to see the deleted scenes too that were not included on the previous prequel DVDs and of course the deleted scenes of the OT were good to see.

Back
Top Bottom