• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What are your plans for purchasing the Star Wars Blu Rays?

Are you planning on buying the new Blu Ray set of Star Wars?

• Yes, I will be buying the full Saga set.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Yes, but only the Original Trilogy set.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes, but only the Prequel Trilogy set.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm done giving LFL money until they release the theatrical versions.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No. Period. I'm done.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Yes, but only as a used set.

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With the confirmations regarding the Blu Ray disks (new audio in ANH and ROTJ, lack of full deleted scenes etc..) Are you still planning on purchasing the set?

Yes, actually. I love Star Wars too much. I know many people would go in the opposite direction with their Star Wars love, but I'm in love with the entire story arc, not just ANH and ESB. I'm also in love with special features. So, yes I will be buying the Star Wars Blu-ray set (though, I have too admit, before the price drop I considering passing).

I think i'll wait for awhile, see if something better turns up, you know, like an ACTUAL DECENT SET??? THATS ACTUALLY WORTH THE MONEY????????? THAT ACTUALLY HAD SOME EFFORT PUT INTO IT????????

But hey, what do i know? Eh George? there not my movies are they? I just bought them a bunch of times allready, but hey, no big deal man.

I love Star Wars too much too. ...too much to buy this bullshit set. No, not buying. In addition to the missing OUT and the horrid changes to the SE, the details keep getting worse and worse. Sorry Lucas, F@#k you. -_-

ThrowgnCpr said:
I love Star Wars too much too. ...too much to buy this bullshit set. No, not buying. In addition to the missing OUT and the horrid changes to the SE, the details keep getting worse and worse. Sorry Lucas, F@#k you. -_-

second this. staying as far away from this set as possible. its not that surprising that Lucas' story mirrors Anakin's from Ep I-III. since he became the one thing that he was against back in the day when he first started making the series.

Nah. Was considering it, but no - this put me off. Unless it's mega cheap, then no.

I like how the graph is forming a middle finger. Coincidence?

I have no plans on ever purchasing any official Star Wars releases. I have the original VHS releases of the OT, which I bought for a buck a piece at a pawn shop, and that is going to be the only official releases of the films that I will ever own as long as Lucas is in command. No matter how much hope and faith we put in Lucas about releasing the OT in their original theatrical form we know we'll be let down every single time. Even when he included them with the 2004 releases he still screwed with them. And he couldn't even give them the respect they deserve, he slapped them on as extras. Lucas deserves to shoved into the Sarlacc pit.

I'm not sure, though probably not now seeing as how I don't have a blu-ray player. As for the changes...I really could care less about what Lucas does to his movies. Just because he added "no" to Vader at ROTJ doesn't mean I think Star Wars is "RUINED FOREVER!" I know L8wrtr isn't standing up for Lucas anymore, but I still think the whole Geroge Lucas-Leonardo DaVinci, Star Wars-Mona Lisa is a damn good argument. On the other hand, from the one clip I saw (that of Luke putting his lightsaber together) didn't really do it for me, as I liked the surprise of finding out it was inside R2 all the time. I generally try not to get caught up in stuff like this, (I still have scars from Red Letter Media commenters flaming this one guy who DARED to like the PT), but I agree with Patrick Sauriol, in that the only changes that should be made are ones that actually benefit story/characters/atmosphere/etc.:

http://www.coronacomingattractions.com/news/10-changes-george-lucas-should-make-star-wars-new-hope

Also, the only thing that really drew me into blurays was the boxart of Luke walking in one direction and Anikan walking in the other on Tatooine, and if I really love that art so much I should just get a poster. So, in summation, Lucas, make some substantial changes rather than superficial ones, then we'll talk.

I won't. It's similar to what Square Enix is doing with Chrono Trigger (which to me is like Star Wars to a lot of you). They keep re-releasing it on new formats with worse changes. It's a typical corporate position to take. Boast new features which are really just bloated crap inserted specifically to have new things to boast!

And for what its worth, Chrono Cross, the pseudo sequel can be compared to the PT in that several years after the initial franchise release was a big hit, they decided to continue it, by throwing everything away and starting with all new characters and bastardized versions of old characters. I'm not saying Cross was a bad game, but it was a bad sequel to Trigger, similar to how the PT isn't THAT bad, but combined with the hype and expectations of everyone and the huge amount of time between it and the OT, it was bound to disappoint those who knew what they wanted.

Now, Square Enix won't give the Chrono fans a true sequel, just a bunch of ports and remakes of Trigger, and Lucas won't give fans the Blu Ray GOUT with an acceptable collection of extras.

I'm done giving money to corporations who forgot their roots.

Nic Sticinski said:
but I still think the whole Geroge Lucas-Leonardo DaVinci, Star Wars-Mona Lisa is a damn good argument.

Painters usualy do not sell their work each time they add a new color.
To me, artists have the right to change their work when they want, unless they sold it to someone. When something is sold it is not entirely the propriety of the artist anymore. That is clear with paintings. You rarely see painters coming to your house and modified the painting you bought). Painters can remake the same work and make it better (to them) if they want, but the owner of the first painting still have his first painting at home (difficult now for Star Wars, because of Lucas). And if this owner ever want the same painting, but bigger... then the painter should make it the same, but bigger, period. Not adding a clown laughing at you in the middle because he now makes paintings about clowns every day... Because the customer will not pay for that.

TMBTM said:
And if this owner ever want the same painting, but bigger... then the painter should make it the same, but bigger, period.

I'm pretty sure, to the mind of Lucas, that's what he's doing. I understand stuff like changing the dragon sound to ward off the sandpeople in ANH and adding a frog burp in ROTJ are probably changes that he should've kept inside his head. However, say what you will about making Darth Vader say "no, no" at ROTJ, he did it because he wants to tie his two stories together, which I do respect as far as making the whole thing feel like one story, but I wish he'd try to make the whole story in line with the OT rather than the PT. The problem, to me at least, is that his world view fits more like the PT rather than the OT. Like I said, if he made changes to the films that actually had substantive value that would make his "special editions" actually special. But as it stands, I'm not going to let some changes ruin the experience of a galaxy far, far away from me. Though, it is sad to say that his dedication to "perfecting" his story comes at the cost of a good chunk of his fanbase.

Nic Sticinski said:
I'm pretty sure, to the mind of Lucas, that's what he's doing. I understand stuff like changing the dragon sound to ward off the sandpeople in ANH and adding a frog burp in ROTJ are probably changes that he should've kept inside his head. However, say what you will about making Darth Vader say "no, no" at ROTJ, he did it because he wants to tie his two stories together, which I do respect as far as making the whole thing feel like one story, but I wish he'd try to make the whole story in line with the OT rather than the PT. The problem, to me at least, is that his world view fits more like the PT rather than the OT. Like I said, if he made changes to the films that actually had substantive value that would make his "special editions" actually special. But as it stands, I'm not going to let some changes ruin the experience of a galaxy far, far away from me. Though, it is sad to say that his dedication to "perfecting" his story comes at the cost of a good chunk of his fanbase.

This is all fine and dandy IF he releases the original versions. He can play with [and ruin] his movies all he wants, but destroying the availability of the old films is like destroying history. Is it OK to rewrite history books? "'cause it's better this way..." NO.

Well, my Complete Saga set arrived today. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it since, like I already mentioned in the SW thread, dark_jedi got all the nice people over at OT.com their own original saga Blu-Ray version, so I now have the original saga, Lucas' new Blu-Ray saga, and the prequels. I don't think Lucas will ever release them -not in his lifetime anyway- so thanks for another version Lucas, and good night! ;)

I'm pretty sure the fact that we have record of changes made prevent the history of the originals of being completely destroyed. Besides, Adywan's ANH is all I need. :D I'll shut up before I derail this thread any further.

I'll be buying but seeing has George has made lots and lots of money from me and my parents(when I was wickle!) over the years I'm going to hang on till they go cheaper as they will when people dont buy as many has he thinks they will.

Couldn't care less about the PT and Adywan is fixing the OT so another vote to the middle finger for me.

I declared quite some time ago that I am done giving Lucas my money. Unless and until there there is a restored theatrical cut, I have no interest in anything official.

I'm new to the forums, so I haven't had a chance to browse a great deal (and searching for "Star Wars original trilogy theatrical" is far too many hits to wade through), but I do hope that someone is working on a true restoration.

Infamous TC said:
I do hope that someone is working on a true restoration.
Take a look at originaltrilogy.com.

Back
Top Bottom