• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

What are you listening to at the moment?

Tiny Dancer -Elton John

musicei1.png

Anyone ever seen Rent? Musical or the Movie. Everyone can learn something from it.

musicof6.png

^ How is that 'Best Of Rem?'

I like the band from the 80's, but Automatic For The People killed it for me. Too pretencious.

Does the Best Of focus on later or earlier stuff, or a mix?

Cassidy said:
^ How is that 'Best Of Rem?'

I like the band from the 80's, but Automatic For The People killed it for me. Too pretencious.

Does the Best Of focus on later or earlier stuff, or a mix?

It's 1988-2003 I believe it's the later stuff. Still good though.

playingnowte1.jpg

At first I didn't get why the new Modest Mouse is one of the best reviewed records of 2007 thus far, but last night I finally grew into it and it's pretty good.

uuh. I see miles davis. you seem to have a diverse collection on your ipod...

I think I?ll check this best reviewed band. Find out if it?s true what you say.

That is a great Miles Davis album, one of my favorites.

Yeah, I've got pretty much every genre covered to match my mood.

I see no reason why so many music fans are exclusive (ie: I'll only listen to classical, or rap or whatever). If the spirit moves you then go for it.

The Modest Mouse album is a little dense and inaccessible at first, but it eventually makes sense. It's a tough go at first, but if you can get through it a couple of times it grows on you.

Now the new Arcade Fire album? What a dissappointment.

I think being exclusive to music "genres" is retarded. There is a lot to be learned from other music types. I think the word genre doesnt even mean anything anymore. Now there are styles of music that I don't even go near, mostly because I think the statement sucks (most modern country), but for the most part I listen to everything from Thelonious Monk, to Killswitch Engage.

I have never been a huge modest mouse fan. I own Moon & Antarctica, and that is OK, but I never really got into most of their stuff.

^ Yeah, same here. But when a record startes getting rave reviews, I generally try and check it out. I understand that in the early part of their career they made some decent music. Must investigate...

Cassidy said:
But when a record startes getting rave reviews, I generally try and check it out.

same here. that?s the reason I bought this new arcade fire album. but it?s lame (?no cars go? is a nice song though).

Heinrich said:
Cassidy said:
But when a record startes getting rave reviews, I generally try and check it out.

same here. that?s the reason I bought this new arcade fire album. but it?s lame (?no cars go? is a nice song though).

There are a couple of great songs on it, but it is no where near as good as 'Funeral.'

Do you have their first EP with the original version of No Cars Go on it? It's a much better version.

Cassidy said:
Do you have their first EP with the original version of No Cars Go on it? It's a much better version.

no. but thanks for informing me about it! it?s good that itunes has no closing hours...

:)

Alkaline Trio - Remains.

Even Their B-Sides were better than most stuff
B000LE168A.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

musiclx7.png

Fight Song -Marilyn Manson
And yes I do own a copy of the Satanic Bible.

Back
Top Bottom