• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Watchmen (2009)

New trailer

"]

(embedding doesn't work on this video for some reason, also not a rickroll)

[youtube:3h6sqiil]

Worked for this one, and it's an "HD" version. I get a boner every time I watch this footage.

awesome. if this movie isn´t gonna kick ass i´ll slap someone!

The new trailer is up in real HD on Apple. http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/

LOVE the Koyaanisqatsi music with trailer. I read somewhere that Snyder is using the Koy OST for his temp score. I hope that points to what he intends for the actual score to sound like.

this looks spot on. a 100% faithful adaptation. 2009 cant get here soon enough!

Saw this on another forum:

Fox handling it would go like this, I think...
Opening night, released throughout the land, everyone who sees it loves it, so Fox cancels it, releases the film randomly at random theaters, sometimes when you get to a theater that has advertised it will be shown there, after the previews, they show a football game instead.

Sure splitting up the profits needs armies of lawyers! From what I have heard these rights-issues have been on-going. Still, the problem is the Director. That is the worrying thing.

Moore, as with V For Vendetta has not taken a penny from producers. His share has been paid to the illustrator, Dave Gibbons. Yet Moore has voiced an opinion about the selection of Director. He said about Zack Snyder "He had problems with 300 and it is downright stupid!" I have to agree.

Another worrying aspect is that the illustrator, Dave Gibbons has been asked by the Zack to draw newly created scenes that are not present in the original comic book for a new film comic-book adaptation. This he has done. Oh dear!

I know a lot of criticism is leveled at Alan Moore but really this is unfair because in each case he did offer his services, even helped with script drafts and met with Directors and Producers to discuss the films but each time he saw his vision perverted. In the case of Watchmen, Moore approved an early draft script that had marked differences to the Comic Book because he realized change was needed for the medium of film.

So I do not blame him for ultimately becoming a brick-wall in the face of Hollow-wood and refusing their money. He is that rare breed and without him comics would not have evolved to such rich sophistication.

Are we still going to get the full on 2 1/2 - 3 hour dvd version?

Yes. It's already something like 2:35 (or 2:01 for PAL format :wink: ), and the director's cut will be 3:10. Then, when they add the Black Freighter it will be about 3:25.

I think the director's cut will have to be awesome. Positive reviews are already flowing in about the theatrical cut, so I can only imagine that the extra 35 minutes will help flesh out any concerns people have now (Ozy's character).

I hope it's at least decent. I'm not a big gamer, but I would love to punch some face as Rorschach.

A video game? But Watchmen isn't exactly an action comic book. I doubt they'd pull it off, it's most likely they are just milking the hype, but I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, and I can't wait for this movie. BEST COMIC BOOK I'VE READ IN MY LIFE! ;)

I saw two trailers for the PS3 Watchmen tie-in game called "The End Is Nigh" and it looks pretty good. I'm not much of a gamer but I wouldn't mind trying this one out.

And in general, comics tend to translate well to video games.

the game is a dlc on XBL and PSN and the early review/previews I have read is that its not so good...

in other news: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0697893/

Watchmen director Zack Snyder is adamant he will never direct a sequel to the new film - no matter how much money he is offered.

The moviemaker is pleased with his interpretation of the cult comic book, but insists the film would not work as a major movie franchise.

He says, "There's no way I would be involved in a sequel or prequel.

"Will they make one? I have no idea how you would. The work is the work. This movie is about ideas. Anything else you would do, if you did a sequel to it, misses the point entirely of what Watchmen is. To continue is to either rehash the same idea again or you're going to try to fix the characters, which goes against everything the book stands for, or you could pick up new characters. To me, philosophically, it just doesn't make sense."

But the film's star, Billy Crudup, admits the decision about a sequel lies with Hollywood bosses - because he has already signed a contract to make a Watchmen follow-up.

He adds, "Contractually, we are obligated. I will do it. I just don't know what it is we would do."

I know H-wood is based on the $'s but I really hope they let this one lye and keep it a stand alone film. Kudos to Snyder, heres hoping he makes good on that promise, because if watchmen does well, they'll be offering quite a bit for a sequel I can imagine.

In other other news, I just bought IMAX tickets for this weekend. Cant wait!

Hmm. I hear the videogame is "episodic". And if the success of Telltale Games' episodic games is anything to go by, this studio will at least try to learn from their past mistakes and improve on later games.

It seems that this is a film they'll try to milk until it's dry. I hope they at least release all the versions before they cash in with sequels.

I just noticed these. Both look pretty sweet even if they are quick buck tie-in's
tales_of_the_black_freighter_dvd.jpg

watchmenmotioncomicdvd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom