• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

V

ChldsPlay said:
That would be a very short fan-edit.

If both characters were killed off before the end of episode 4, it would last about 20 minutes and be the only version of "V" I could watch repeatedly.

I still like this show...

i didn´t want to admit it but me too. they build the tension slowly and i liked the cliffhanger...

only thing i worry about is if it is a wise decision to just show 4 episodes and then start shooting new episodes in january.

I mean with Lost people would probably wait 2 years for new episodes but a break after only 4 episodes...

boon23 said:
I still like this show...

I still watch the show. It's nothing spectacular, but it's sci-fi.

So - we all know that they're lizards in human skins right? Why would them being skinned be akin to death? Or perhaps....there's more too it?

I would say that white43's opinion of the show is fairly significant to me. He thinks it's so-so, but will keep watching it. That way, if someone really good happens, I'll know about it! ;)

I saw the complete series of the original V a while back for $24, but didn't get it. I'm kicking myself now. I love the mini-series, but didn't really get to see the series. That would've been an affordable way to get the whole thing. B'oh!

Ripplin said:
I would say that white43's opinion of the show is fairly significant to me. He thinks it's so-so, but will keep watching it. That way, if someone really good happens, I'll know about it! ;)

I saw the complete series of the original V a while back for $24, but didn't get it. I'm kicking myself now. I love the mini-series, but didn't really get to see the series. That would've been an affordable way to get the whole thing. B'oh!

The original series did not even have a proper ending.

TMBTM said:
The original series did not even have a proper ending.
Meh, neither did "John Doe" or "Nowhere Man" and those are two of my favorite shows. :)

Thanks for the tip. Might be worth it as long as they don't use UPS. I'd have to make sure. (they say it's used in some cases)

Free shipping is USPS, although not sure how that would work going to Canada. When you get into the shopping cart, you have the option of choosing other shipping choices, at a charge of course.

^Yep, that's how I knew about them using UPS. ;) For non-Canadian websites, I always check the shipping rates first to see if it's worth it. Their rates are reasonable, but I would have to make absolutely sure they didn't use UPS, cuz that's pretty much a 100% guaranteed brokerage fee. I can't stand them, or FedEx, for that matter. Probably DHL, too. Here's what they say in the shipping info:

"Please be aware that in some cases United Parcel Service Worldwide Express, http://www.ups.com, may be used and applicable fees, customs charges or taxes may apply."

That "may" scares me. I'd have to ask them first.

Interesting article about the stupid brokerage fees here: http://www.thegatesofdawn.ca/wordpress/ ... rage-fees/

Has anyone watched this since it started airing again?

No. But I still have it in my myepisodes.com list, so I have a good chuckle about it every week when I see it's on. :)

Metrostar said:
No. But I still have it in my myepisodes.com list, so I have a good chuckle about it every week when I see it's on. :)
Looks like an interesting site, but I don't see any info there on what it actually is. Like a TV Guide? Can you give me a general description of what it is, please? :)

Sorry, I was being funny. :(

I use that site to remind me when shows are on that I like. You make a 'Private Show List' like this. I never click on the links to the shows for episode info, but it is there.

Clipboard01.jpg

i still watch it and kind of like it. the missus likes it too.

although it´s far too generic and formular based. everybody that didnt like the first few episodes should probably not expect something great...

i really think they should aim for some big shot like a big revelation or some intense fighting (the fighting until now wasn´t very impressive and didn´t do much contentwise)

and please let there be more people to join that resistance. it´s getting kind of lame to watch those four guys and that guy on the ship do all the work (which is in fact not that much until now)...

I got the original series not long ago. They actually aired it on some channel a couple of years ago, but I missed it. I've seen the two miniseries, though. Like them, I expect the series to be fun, but hit-and-miss.

I've watched every episode so far...not sure why. The story is all kinds of weak, the characters are stupid and whiny (don't get me started on Troy) and the acting for the most part is awful (I'm looking at you priest guy). Anna is nicely evil and she and her daughter are nice to look at. Other than that...who knows.

At the risk of coming off like a douche, I have to say:
Huge thumbs down. I wish I was mutated to grow extra thumbs just so I could put them down too.
The show is a perfect illustration of how stupid and attention-span-less the American TV audience is. I've made fun of it so much when my girlfriend was watching it that she no longer watches it around me.
I hate this show.
(can you tell) ;)

Back
Top Bottom