• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

V

meh, the whole show left a bad taste in my mouth. too much "race to get through the plot" that it left little mystery and zero suspense. will watch tomorrows episode but this looks like a stinker compared to the original.

I'm glad I saw your post to remind me to watch tomorrow night. I'm sorta underwhelmed so far too, but I'll give it a chance.

Uncanny Antman said:
Watched the first ep last night. Was..."okay".

Weird that for a show that plans on running long-term, it raced through the exposition like there was only gonna be ten episodes. Much faster than the original miniseries did. I think they were worried that without the "Oh my God, lizard aliens are here to enslave us!" hook that no one would tune in again.

I'll give it a handful of episodes, but no more than that. Like every show now, it has the stink on it of trying too hard to capture the Lost audience.
watched it last nite. you're dead on the money. verdict?
too fast. won't last.

I think "won't last" could be a good guess on its longevity. Of course, it could also last five years! Haha.

all these new shows just remind me how much I miss Lost and BSG.

no its not done, Lost comes back in Jan but its void is impossible to fill right now.
other than 'The Office' theirs nothing on that really entertains me. Flash Forward has promise but its very muddled IMO. I am only a few episodes in (got like 4 on my DVR) and its already losing steam/focus.

elbarto, have you tried dexter yet? I love that show.
I haven't yet watched any episodes of Mad Men, but apparently it's an awesome show so I must get on that one soon.

Uncanny Antman said:
Watched the first ep last night. Was..."okay".

Weird that for a show that plans on running long-term, it raced through the exposition like there was only gonna be ten episodes. Much faster than the original miniseries did. I think they were worried that without the "Oh my God, lizard aliens are here to enslave us!" hook that no one would tune in again.

I'll give it a handful of episodes, but no more than that. Like every show now, it has the stink on it of trying too hard to capture the Lost audience.

That's how I felt. I said to my wife last night that I had no idea how this was going to work as a series. A mini-series sure, but I'm not sure how they're going to be able to draw this out very long with how quickly they jumped into things, or how the good the quality will be if they do manage to make it last.

I honestly would have been impressed if they could have really taken their times with things and slowly built up and revealed things slowly. A good finale for season one would have been the revelation of the true reptilian form. But I know audiences these days don't have the patience for that.

episode 2 was ok I guess. no better no worse. I hate the 2 teenage boys and cant wait for the attractive blonde V to go all reptillicus on that emofag. :twisted:

ChldsPlay said:
A good finale for season one would have been the revelation of the true reptilian form. But I know audiences these days don't have the patience for that.
And it's the old story, which they obviously didn't want to use again. Old: reptilian water-stealing fascists. New: uh...alien terrorists? I dunno. To me, there just isn't the hook that the old mini-series provided.

Two episodes in and I've already gone from 'so-so' to bored.

I think episode 3 will be my last unless it's a good one. I think three eps is a fair chance to give them.

Uncanny Antman said:
I think three eps is a fair chance to give them.
I agree. I think I'm going to implement that plan as well.

It's a bit meh - I think they made the reveal far too quickly. Need better writing staff, but unfortunately, Ron Moore and Joss Whedon weren't available(at the time :p ).

Saying that - Whedon is available now. :-(

I'll prob watch until the end anyway. SGU is better.

I think I'm done with it. Started watching the third episode and couldn't be bothered finishing it. If I hear later on that it has gotten really, really good somehow, I might start over from the beginning. We'll see. But for now, it's not holding my interest at all.

I watched the newest episode and... This show is still boring. Heh, in the last shot [spoiler:8qt0rjwj]I see a bunch of alien ships slowly drifting towards our solar system and I'm thinking "Man, this invasion is going to take forever".[/spoiler:8qt0rjwj]
Each episode has around 5 twists in the end and though that's something I haven't seen in a show before, I'm not impressed. You replace New York with Caprica and Visitors with Cylons and you realise you are watching a boring BSG prequel. The sad part is, in BSG you were never sure who's human and who's not. In V, you pretty much know who's what from the pilot and that pretty much kills the aliens posing as humans angle. As for the characters - the kid is annoying, the mom is stupid, the reporter has only one expression on his face, the black guy shoud [spoiler:8qt0rjwj]wear a condom[/spoiler:8qt0rjwj] and the shaggy conspiracy guy needs to die. As for the aliens... they are supposed to be menacing and cold, but end up just boring. I don't mind the priest though.
I'm a sci-fi fan, so I'd give it a few more episodes to redeem itself, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I'm gonna stick with my original plan. Episode 3 was lifeless despite a lot happening, so I think that's it for me. May sample again later if I hear about improvement. :)

"V," the intriguing ABC series that wraps up its four-episode fall run Tuesday."

"New episodes of "V" go production in January, and the show won't return to ABC's schedule until March."

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com ... carin.html

I was going to leave it at 3 until I saw this last night, then decided to watch all four. Haven't done that yet, will do it tonight.

I have already made my mind up that I wont be watching any more after this though, unless, as others have pointed out, I hear that it has got a lot better. Though, I really can't see that happening.

I also liked the Priest character and that was what kept me watching up til last week. I like the alien played by Alan Tudyk too. Apart from that, I am annoyed by pretty much everybody. Especially Agent Erica Evans and her son.

When it gets canceled, a Fan-edit based purely around the FBI Agent alien (Alan Tudyk) and the priest might work. But I will have to read about that here if someone keeps watching, because I wont.

Metrostar said:
"V," the intriguing ABC series that wraps up its four-episode fall run Tuesday."

"New episodes of "V" go production in January, and the show won't return to ABC's schedule until March."

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com ... carin.html

I was going to leave it at 3 until I saw this last night, then decided to watch all four. Haven't done that yet, will do it tonight.

I have already made my mind up that I wont be watching any more after this though, unless, as others have pointed out, I hear that it has got a lot better. Though, I really can't see that happening.

I also liked the Priest character and that was what kept me watching up til last week. I like the alien played by Alan Tudyk too. Apart from that, I am annoyed by pretty much everybody. Especially Agent Erica Evans and her son.

When it gets canceled, a Fan-edit based purely around the FBI Agent alien (Alan Tudyk) and the priest might work. But I will have to read about that here if someone keeps watching, because I wont.

That would be a very short fan-edit.

Back
Top Bottom