• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me - Extended Blue Rose Cut

Agent Sam Stanley

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tumblr_ouyyaqDp2F1urlrbdo1_540.png

Trailer:

Excerpt (Laura's Last Day):

This is my extended edit of Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me, which I decided to name "Extended Blue Rose Cut" to differentiate from other similar fan projects. My idea with this edit is to integrate some of my favorite deleted moments back into the film, following David Lynch's/Robert Engels'shooting script as closely as possible. I know this has been done before but this edit only integrates scenes that IMO shouldn't have been cut in the first place. In other words, this is a personal project that I've decided to share.

Scenes added:

- Chet and Sam talking to Jack about Teresa Banks (extended scene)
- Sunrise with power lines (deleted)
- Fight between Chet and Cable (deleted)
- Cooper chatting with Diane (deleted)
- Phillip Jeffries arriving at the Palm Deluxe in Buenos Aires (deleted)
- Full Jeffries appearance at the FBI (extended)
- Full 'above convenience store' reunion (extended)
- Full Jeffries disappearance from the FBI (extended)
- Jeffries reappearing at the Palm Deluxe (deleted)
- Cooper questioning Sam about Chet (deleted)
- Bobby and Mike chatting in car, messing with Donna and Laura (extended)
- Laura running into her mom at the door, asking for keys (deleted)
- Laura gets home, Sarah questions where she was (deleted)
- Palmer dinner scene, Leland teaches Sarah and Laura to speak norwegian (deleted)
- Laura meets trucker by the road (deleted)
- Ed and Nadine enter the RR, Nadine storms off, Ed runs after her (deleted)
- Donna calms Laura down, Doc Hayward plays magic tricks, they eat muffins, Leland calls Laura (deleted)
- LMFAP shows Cooper the ring, asks if it's future or past (extended)
- Leo shows Shelly how to clean the floor (extended)
- Ed and Norma talk in Ed's truck (deleted)
- Tommy and Buck drive Laura and Donna across the border to "The Power and the Glory" (deleted)
- Phillip Gerard/Mike chants by a circle of candles (deleted)
- Leland calls Teresa (extended)
- Teresa tells Laura and Ronette "the guy split", Laura notices her ring, Teresa calls Jacques then Leland (deleted)
- Laura opens her diary and snorts some coke (extended)
- Bobby gives Laura the money, discovers the coke is actually laxative (deleted)
- Jacoby phones Laura (deleted)
- Laura and Sarah have dinner, Laura says she's going to Bobby's (deleted)
- Garland reads from the bible, Betty opens the door to Laura (deleted)
- Laura meets Bobby at the basement (extended)
- Bobby walks Laura to the door, Garland keeps reading (deleted)
- Leland gets home and sees Laura hiding behind bush (deleted)
- The nurses rush Annie in a stretcher (deleted)
- Cooper questions LMFAP about the ring, realizes he's trapped (deleted)
- Annie repeats her words to Laura to the nurse. The nurse takes her ring (deleted)
- Doc Hayward and Truman break in and find Cooper on the floor (deleted)

A big thanks to Q2 for his extended edition of this same film. Many ideas for this edit came from his.

JTobin said:
What exactly is different in this from Q2's version?

It's not drastically different as we both used the FWWM shooting script as a guide. 
It's been quite a while since I saw his version TBH, but right off the top of my head there are scenes he added that I chose not to. A few title cards, transitions and music choices are different. And I believe the "reunion above the convenience store" scene plays differently, as he spliced the Missing Pieces cut w the movie cut.

Agent Sam Stanley said:
JTobin said:

It's not drastically different as we both used the FWWM shooting script as a guide. 
It's been quite a while since I saw his version TBH, but right off the top of my head there are scenes he added that I chose not to. A few title cards, transitions and music choices are different. And I believe the "reunion above the convenience store" scene plays differently, as he spliced the Missing Pieces cut w the movie cut.

Gotcha. Funny that I see another FWWM edit on here since I just the past few days have been remastering the audio on Q2's after watching it again for the first time in a while this weekend and loathing the sound. Can't stand when people talk so low they are nearly inaudible, then you have to crank the volume then BOOM the next scene is blowing your eardrums out. So I compressed all the audio so the dynamic range isn't so ridiculous and did noise reduction with Izotope RX. I'm going to send you a PM actually about something related to getting the thing out there in the wild.

JTobin said:
Agent Sam Stanley said:
JTobin said:

Gotcha. Funny that I see another FWWM edit on here since I just the past few days have been remastering the audio on Q2's after watching it again for the first time in a while this weekend and loathing the sound. Can't stand when people talk so low they are nearly inaudible, then you have to crank the volume then BOOM the next scene is blowing your eardrums out. So I compressed all the audio so the dynamic range isn't so ridiculous and did noise reduction with Izotope RX. I'm going to send you a PM actually about something related to getting the thing out there in the wild.
Ooooh, any chance of you distributing said audio remastered version? Q2's edit of that film is my go-to version but I have also had issues with some of the mixing. I'd be much obliged if you could pass your work along.

Urfbownd123 said:
Ooooh, any chance of you distributing said audio remastered version? Q2's edit of that film is my go-to version but I have also had issues with some of the mixing. I'd be much obliged if you could pass your work along.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm working with JTobin to re-release my edit with his remastered audio.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled topic.

Urfbownd123 said:
JTobin said:
Agent Sam Stanley said:
JTobin said:

Yes I contacted Q and he is going to incorporate mine into his own since I did no video editing, pointless to make a new release.

Has this edit been released yet? It's not listed on any of the usual places.

I am super excited to see this cut!

Zouche said:
Has this edit been released yet? It's not listed on [Link removed by moderator]

I am super excited to see this cut!

You broke a site rule in your post. To avoid breaking more and being penalized, read the site rules before posting here again.
https://www.fanedit.org/rules/

I also would like to see this cut but it seems to be gone everywhere. I just introduced my wife to TP and are getting close to finishing the series, would love to watch this with her.

MANTI5 said:
I also would like to see this cut but it seems to be gone everywhere. I just introduced my wife to TP and are getting close to finishing the series, would love to watch this with her.

You, too, broke a site rule in your post. To avoid breaking more and being penalized, read the site rules before posting here again. Since reading the post immediately before yours was not easy enough, you post is now sandwiched between two from me with the following link:
https://www.fanedit.org/rules/

Which rule as I read them before and after and don't see where I broke any?

Can't ask about edit availability in project threads.

MANTI5 said:
I didn't, my post was a statement.

Ok.

MANTI5 said:
it seems to be gone everywhere ... would love to watch this

Can't discuss edit availability here. Happy now? The semantics are correct. 

Have a problem? Feel free to PM me. 

But don't keep posting off-topic posts trying to challenge or get around rules. Consider this an unofficial warning.

@"MANTI5" 

My apologies for being particularly harsh. It has been pointed out to me that it's very possible you meant well and I misinterpreted your intentions. Thank you for PMing me to discuss and understand the rules further instead of posting here. I genuinely appreciate that.

MANTI5 said:
I didn't, my post was a statement.

I feel the need to point out that saying "I wish I could watch this but it's not available" is still considered to be against the rules.  It may be a statement, but it's still a way of asking for the edit, which is not allowed in project threads.  Next time use the Request subforum.

I need to point out it wasn't a request for the edit, that is your reading into it. I had NO intention to ask for the edit in this forum but to make a statement. It's no different than saying I would like to have a swimming pool in my backyard but don't have the money. I'm not asking for a swimming pool or requesting some info on how to purchase one. I am aware of the request forum and have long since posted there. I no longer need to defend myself on this matter as I have made my point and have no ill will towards the moderator as I understand fully the reason behind the warning and hope we can move on an all get along.

Back
Top Bottom