• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers - Dark of the Moon [2011]

Uncanny Antman said:
:) I'll be seeing this one in the cinema, 'cause I'm a pathetic fanboy who can't not go see it, but I feel like this time I'll be ready. I have such low expectations this time around that no advertising will sway me, and I'll go in to the film with a "Prove me wrong about how shit you are" mentality. It's the only way to avoid what happened last time.
Sounds like a similar attitude that I'll be taking as well. :p

My only real hope for this film is that - while I in no way expect a great movie out of this thing - I do sorta hope that it'll be decent enough that I could fanedit it and make it into a true "Transformers 2" movie (where you could watch the first film, then jump straight to this one without missing a beat), thereby allowing me to forever ignore and forget about the absolute garbage that was Revenge of the Fallen. :p

Uncanny Antman said:
:) I'll be seeing this one in the cinema, 'cause I'm a pathetic fanboy who can't not go see it, but I feel like this time I'll be ready. I have such low expectations this time around that no advertising will sway me, and I'll go in to the film with a "Prove me wrong about how shit you are" mentality. It's the only way to avoid what happened last time.

I've not even watched a trailer, because it was said before that Bay can make awesome looking trailers (did this one have his usual 360º sweeping pan around 2 characters posing in a stance?) I really want to go into this with the same kind of unknown factor I did with 'Primer.' That said I have the bad aftertaste of two previous movies to go on, well one if I replace the theatrical with your edit. Revenge is so bad it can't even be edited into something good.

Omaru1982 said:
I've not even watched a trailer, because it was said before that Bay can make awesome looking trailers (did this one have his usual 360º sweeping pan around 2 characters posing in a stance?) I really want to go into this with the same kind of unknown factor I did with 'Primer.' That said I have the bad aftertaste of two previous movies to go on, well one if I replace the theatrical with your edit. Revenge is so bad it can't even be edited into something good.

i didn't believe i would see Primer and Transformers in one sentence :shock:
Revenge is really a trainwreck and I'm pretty sure I'll skip this one except the rottentomatoes scale is around the same as the first transformers (i didn't see any indication in TF2's 20 percent rating that this is really a bad film and thought "critics just don't get it")

I just meant in the capacity that I was recommended to see Primer, but I was advised not to even do so much as read a synopsis for it and go in completely open minded.

I've been following the progress of this film very closely, and Dark of the Moon will be better than Transformers and ROTF. Mark my words.

No offense Reave, but we've heard that before. I'm assuming it's shit until I'm at least a half hour into it. :)

Uncanny Antman said:
No offense Reave, but we've heard that before. I'm assuming it's shit until I'm at least a half hour into it. :)

sadly second, this time i won't let me get hyped up by the fans

I am asuming all the talk of michael bay "yeah we have learned our lesson bla bla" is just to ensure that the fanboys come again

reave said:
I've been following the progress of this film very closely, and Dark of the Moon will be better than Transformers and ROTF. Mark my words.

I agree. There's so much that's known to be in the movie that the trailer didn't even touch on (Sentinel, Megatron, The Wreckers & other new characters, the trailer, etc.) and a lot that was barely seen (the moon, starscream - if you look closely, Carly, Shockwave, etc.) It's good they had no writer's strike and were able to get more time in on the script and CGI.

I know there's a lot of ROTF hate around here, but I just rewatched both of these movies right after each other last weekend, and ROTF, for me is just so much more entertaining than the first one. Both are very flawed, even in edited form, but the first one just bores the hell out of me for much of it's length and is IMO, easily the worst Bay film to date.

Kevinicus said:
I agree. There's so much that's known to be in the movie that the trailer didn't even touch on (Sentinel, Megatron, The Wreckers & other new characters, the trailer, etc.) and a lot that was barely seen (the moon, starscream - if you look closely, Carly, Shockwave, etc.) It's good they had no writer's strike and were able to get more time in on the script and CGI.

I know there's a lot of ROTF hate around here, but I just rewatched both of these movies right after each other last weekend, and ROTF, for me is just so much more entertaining than the first one. Both are very flawed, even in edited form, but the first one just bores the hell out of me for much of it's length and is IMO, easily the worst Bay film to date.

tbh just because they include other toys doesn't really mean it will add to the story

but good to know that apparantly there are no offenso-bots in this movie:

http://collider.com/transformers-3-twins-skids-mudflap-michael-bay/91104/?_r=true

Best thing about the article is the subtle michael bay bashing:

And what about their presence in the trailer? “Trailer houses sometimes use shots that are not in the movie! End [of] story[.] I’m don’t [sic] wasting my time [on] this!” Bay doesn’t say how you can claim your twenty five grand if you spot the Twins, but I’m willing to take him at his word.

Sunarep said:
tbh just because they include other toys doesn't really mean it will add to the story

but good to know that apparantly there are no offenso-bots in this movie:

http://collider.com/transformers-3-twins-skids-mudflap-michael-bay/91104/?_r=true

Best thing about the article is the subtle michael bay bashing:

I'm calling shenanigans on that at this point. The (I'm not offended by them) Twins are in the trailer. So unless some other bots killed them and are using their bodies, they're a
"Mirage"
created by another 'bot or they're going to be removed from the final print of the movie via cgi, I call bullshit.

Bay also said Megatron wasn't in ROTF.

That said, if they're back and toned down, I'm fine with it. I was more offended by the bad humor than the bots talking like, well, like some people actually talk. Portraying a vocal styling similar to an actual dialect being used in the world doesn't equate to a racist caricature. Sorry.

I'm also looking forward to DOTM, much moreso than ROTF (which I'd read bad reviews of prior to seeing). I haven't been this excited since anticipating the first film in 2007. Granted, this is largely due to Carly.

I am just excited to see what the Fan Editors can do to it. TF1 is easily a pretty good movie after being edited and ROTF is now a watchable flick.

revel911 said:
I am just excited to see what the Fan Editors can do to it. TF1 is easily a pretty good movie after being edited and ROTF is now a watchable flick.

if DOTM does not blow (and that's a pretty big if) imho the best thing to do would be to mix JasonN's more than meets the eyes with UA's Transformers cut.

I love what UA did with the first transformers, it is breathtaking and while I didn't enjoy jason's take as much as UA's (which is not in my dvd collection) I like the footage of soundwave hacking the pentagon and getting the decepticons together

so the perfect TF1 to me would be:

UA's cut with soundwave intercut
Then soundwave gets the piece of the allspark with that animal thingy
Opening of TF2 (the only part i really enjoyed) minus the voiceover, the decepticon says "the fallen (implying megatron or change the line with a line from the cartoon) will rise"
then the meteorites destroy the miltary ships and resurrect megatron

thereby avoiding revenge of the fallen entirely

I do enjoy UA's version .. though currently I am sticking with Kevinicus because I out of all the ROTF ... I find his the most tolerable as well as both being in 1080. BTW ... having Soundwave in the first one, does tie that all together quite a bit nicer.

I do hope UA releases a HD version.

@Sunarep, we can probably splice up the breakup phone call from Mikaela into DOTM, so we have a bit of backstory on that also. AS I do like making a version of DOTM that explains the missing parts of ROTF, but skips it all together.

No HD from me I'm afraid. Have not made that leap yet, and probably won't be revisiting older edits right away when I do. Maybe someday. :)

She is like a foot taller than Sam and looks like a bimbo...... horrible casting

Back
Top Bottom