• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Transformers - Dark of the Moon [2011]

Heard a few spoilers from others who picked it up and from the sounds of it.... oh yeah, it's a Michael Bay TF movie through and through, alright...

meaning more TF1 or TF2?

I skimmed through some bits and it sounds average enough to be called a plot
The reviews seem to be ok, but then again it's aint it cool news

Sunarep said:
meaning more TF1 or TF2?

I skimmed through some bits and it sounds average enough to be called a plot
The reviews seem to be ok, but then again it's aint it cool news
Without seeing the movie firsthand, it's a little hard to say exactly (plot synopsis never take into consideration things like Bay's wonderous handling of "sex/toilet humor" :p ). However, from reading through the plot synopsis/spoilers that's in the novel, I'd say that it's sort of a combination of the first and second films.

However, it also sounds like there are PLENTY of really stupid sh*t in this story and combining that Michael Bay's directing history of this franchise, then I suspect that I will be rather disappointed with TF3 and my intended plan of fanediting it into a true "Transformers 2" sequel will probably go down the crapper. :|

(and yeah, the AICN reviews are always of suspect, from my perspective and experience)

Well seeing as Green Lantern is right now ranked equal to TF2 on rottentomatoes i think I cannot be more disappointed by any other movie this year

Surely it won't be as bad as the first one. I can't imagine Bay making something that boring again.

Kevinicus said:
Surely it won't be as bad as the first one. I can't imagine Bay making something that boring again.

I like to differ ;)
If the reviews say it is similar to the first I'll see this in the cinema otherwise I'll wait for the dvd

Sunarep said:
I like to differ ;)

Me too. Life is more interesting that way. :-D

Either way, I just hope the movie is Awesome!
Awesome.gif

I must admit the first trailer (teaser) is pretty nice - if it weren't the third transformers movie but the first it would have been of course a bigger "we're not alone" hit, but it reminds me of the first teaser i remember watching the teaser with suspense, looking at the time-indicator and dreading if we would get a picture of a transformer - well we did in a blurry way but it was pretty cool teaser

I like this entire bs-fake-alternate history they let seek in from time to time when it makes "sense" - i.e. everthing that is not a complex sun-destroying laser that everyone managed to overlook

EDIT:

And i wanna see this movie:

Well seeing as Green Lantern is right now ranked equal to TF2 on rottentomatoes

I can't even believe Green Lantern has attracted such negative comments... grossly undeserved IMHO.

As for Dark of The Moon... trailer looks okay but I hated Revenge of The Fallen, so I'm not holding out too much hope for this one.

Cautiously starting to get a bit more hopeful

although the new megan fox seems to have left not really an impression

Its last hour is the full-on human vs. robot war film that the Terminator series has always promised but never delivered. Transformers: Dark of the Moon may not be a great film, but it is largely great fun.

Let's see if those reviews are actual reviews or studio plants but they seem mixed enough to be real and not that hateful compared to ROTF

Saw it tonight. I kind of spaced out the last 40 minutes or so. I was coherent and caught everything that was going on, but I was just kind of there. Not sure what the reason for that was.

The Chicago battle is pretty much non-stop with humans and robots going all over the place blowing shit up. Kind of disappointed in how weak the top Decepticons were once again. Shockwave isn't really all that important and is really just kind of there.

As for Carly, I didn't find myself connecting with her. After 2 movies with Mikela, I didn't feel like I got to know here character enough or really get to feel her and Sam's relationship enough to care if she lived or died.

Silly humor remains, though probably not as much. What was there, some of it I found funny, some of it not too much.

It's definitely a candidate for editing. I'll sort out what I think about it more when I see it again tomorrow in an ETX theater, and I'll try to sit farther back this time to maybe help absorb it all.

interesting to hear, how would you rank it?

EDIT: And on another note can one finally see who is fighting who in the fights?

Kevinicus said:
Saw it tonight. I kind of spaced out the last 40 minutes or so. I was coherent and caught everything that was going on, but I was just kind of there. Not sure what the reason for that was.

The Chicago battle is pretty much non-stop with humans and robots going all over the place blowing shit up. Kind of disappointed in how weak the top Decepticons were once again. Shockwave isn't really all that important and is really just kind of there.

As for Carly, I didn't find myself connecting with her. After 2 movies with Mikela, I didn't feel like I got to know here character enough or really get to feel her and Sam's relationship enough to care if she lived or died.

Silly humor remains, though probably not as much. What was there, some of it I found funny, some of it not too much.

It's definitely a candidate for editing. I'll sort out what I think about it more when I see it again tomorrow in an ETX theater, and I'll try to sit farther back this time to maybe help absorb it all.

I have to say in the nicest way ..... I hate this website. I can not watch a movie anymore without thinking, this can totally be fixed.

revel911 said:
I have to say in the nicest way ..... I hate this website. I can not watch a movie anymore without thinking, this can totally be fixed.

yep.. it seems more and more that you watch movies in the cinema like a betatester until the fanedit :p

Sunarep said:
yep.. it seems more and more that you watch movies in the cinema like a betatester until the fanedit :p

its actually very very true. lol.

Okay, I'm reading the review and it says that Patrick Dempsey is playing Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's ex-boyfriend. I saw her this morning on Regis & Kelly and she seemed quite young so I just checked her out on the IMDB and it says that she was born in 1987, Dempsey was born in 1966. Doesn't it seem a little creepy that he'd be playing her ex-boyfriend? What they couldn't cast somebody closer to her own age?

Sunarep said:
interesting to hear, how would you rank it?

EDIT: And on another note can one finally see who is fighting who in the fights?

I'm not sure how I'd rank it yet. I'll try to figure that out when I see it again tonight. It's definitely not as boring as the first, and not as silly as the 2nd (and no, the Twins are not in it, except for in the background in one shot in vehicle mode...I guess Bay and his editors missed that when they cut them). It's darker than the others, with more death, both robot and human. It definitely still has flaws though.

One thing I think that may have made me kind of space out, was the music. I didn't really notice it all that much in the final battle outside of a few instances of remixed versions of music from the previous films. The score didn't seem like it was doing anything to help build up the action. And the first half of the movie, most of the time it switched to Sam's scenes it was dopey love song type music.

As for who is fighting who...I've never had any problem following who was doing what, so I wont comment on it. The action has always been easy to follow for me.

Back
Top Bottom