• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers 2

killbillme said:
ok I'm gonna jump into the fray because you're pretty good at explaining things and maybe you can explain my issues with this movie.
So in TF1m Megatron is called the Iceman because he's been frozen in ice for hundreds of years.
He got frozen chasing after the All-Spark which all the transformers are looking for.
Megatron gets a clue that its dropped on this unknow backwater world know as earth. but as he flies in somehow the gravitational force does something to his doohickie and he crashes and becomes frozen.
here are my questions:
- In TF2 he flies in and out of the planet without nary a struggle, so when did he fix his doohickie?
- If he can fly in and out of orbit why does everyone else arrive via meteor. they did say he was frozen a long time. think time enough for all transformers to get megatron's advance technology.
- why was megatron left frozen for all those years? because apparently not only was earth not "an unknow backwater planet" but the Transformers knew it quite well, had settle here, had marshalled a workforce that had built the pyramids and The Fallen actually lives here within earth's orbit.

I'm sure i just missed something and all will be explained.

You know i just thought of something. why didn't the tranformers join in for either WWI or WWII?
they should do a retro film were the transformers are part of either war.
Imagine the Decepticons wearing Gestapo outfits! Talking with german accents.
"yes captain Optimus, we have vays of making you talk"
The Autobots of course would be Marines!
Go Joe-bots!

Cheers :)

I am pretty sure none of the other Transformers were aware that the Allspark and Megatron had gone to Earth. The Allspark had been lost and they had all (the ones not already on Earth) been searching for it. I don't think they had discovered it and Megatron were on Earth until shortly (several years) prior to the first movie. So even though the Transformers knew of Earth, and had seekers there, they were not aware of the Allspark or Megatron's presence until after he had been there a long time. And I believe The Fallen came with the Decepticons on their ship before the first movie. I don't think he was hanging out nearby the whole time.

As for Megatron, couldn't say, perhaps he had some damage the first time he arrived? Perhaps he was upgraded a bit when he was revived, perhaps he wasn't prepared for the Earth's atmosphere the first time, could be his previous form wasn't aerodynamically sound to enter our atmosphere and he was just an idiot in a hurry to get the Allspark who didn't take the care needed to land properly. Or it could be the reason the humans came up for his crashing was incorrect?

Not all of them have to arrive as meteors. Starscream left as a jet. I would imagine the ones that are capable of flying and with the right form wouldn't need to protoform to land on Earth.

ChldsPlay said:
I am pretty sure none of the other Transformers were aware that the Allspark and Megatron had gone to Earth. The Allspark had been lost and they had all (the ones not already on Earth) been searching for it. I don't think they had discovered it and Megatron were on Earth until shortly (several years) prior to the first movie.

So even though the Transformers knew of Earth, and had seekers there, they were not aware of the Allspark or Megatron's presence until after he had been there a long time.
Well the film clearly states that The Fallen built a Sun Harverster in 17,000 BC because he hated humans. The film also states that he sent megatron on a mission to find the allspark.
So at what point did he decide NOT to look for Megatron on earth?

And I believe The Fallen came with the Decepticons on their ship before the first movie. I don't think he was hanging out nearby the whole time.
when Megatron is revived he flies to what appears to be a moon of Saturn. That's within our solar system.
I don't know much about Transformer lore but that ship crashed on a moon of Saturn how long ago?
And again since earth was so close by why didnt they look for Megatron there?
And how exactly did they discovered that the all spark and Megatron were on earth?

As for Megatron, couldn't say, perhaps he had some damage the first time he arrived? Perhaps he was upgraded a bit when he was revived, perhaps he wasn't prepared for the Earth's atmosphere the first time, could be his previous form wasn't aerodynamically sound to enter our atmosphere and he was just an idiot in a hurry to get the Allspark who didn't take the care needed to land properly. Or it could be the reason the humans came up for his crashing was incorrect?
make it all of the above. this is not well handled. its like saying in one film Vader is Luke's father and in the next film we say Luke is actually an android. sure you could do it but it would still be badly handled.
this is fun! :)
why do decepticons have teeth? how do autobots smell decepticons? do they have lungs?
do octopi live at 9300 fathoms depth? (thats 55,800 feet deep)

I have some questions too:

If the Matrix is the key to Earth destruction why hide it on Earth? Not on let's say Pluto, or outside solar system?

If Energon which is received from sun-harvesting is needed for transformers race to survive, why all of the primes sacrificed their lives to hide Matrix instead of still searching another worlds to harvest and take the key with them, far from Earth? It looks like they dont give a flying F about their own species.

It looks like Decepticons in this movie are just trying to save their species, I bet humans would do the same thing in this kind of situation. On the other hand Optimus and Autobots seems to don't care for their own species at all - just like the Primes.

What would Optimus say about dying little transformers (seen on Nemesis)? "Let them die" as captain Kirk said about Klingons in STVI :D I cant say that it doesnt fit after what was shown in the Shanghai battle when Autobots are mercilessly slaying those running for their lives Decepticons.

well last question..
Since this was ROTF, will the next one be LMAO?

zeppelinrox said:
well last question..
Since this was ROTF, will the next one be LMAO?
images

:lol: :lol: :lol:

heh... well I figured there's nothing wrong with something like
Transformers: Loser Megatron Against Optimus

I just now noticed an incredibly odd continuity error in the first Transformers movie:

If the Autobots all have blue eyes and the Decepticons all have red eyes....

.... why the hell does Frenzy have blue eyes? :-?

JasonN said:
I just now noticed an incredibly odd continuity error in the first Transformers movie:

If it's never stated on screen, how can it be an error? The color of the eyes is just a whim of the filmmaker.

And if you really wanted to make it work, then Frenzy is a former Autobot. Easy. :)

JasonN said:

Well they just released a new toy that features Frenzy with red eyes...of course the picture of Frenzy on the packaging has blue eyes...

nobody knows what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom