• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2021: and the WINNERS are...! here Congratulations!

Top Ten TV Shows

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
these are PERSONAL favourites, NOT A CRITICS BEST LIST. :p

Totally fair.  Given your personal faves, I was surprised The Shield wasn't also in the top 10.  It's actually older than Justified and shares some of the same actors and sensibilities.  If you haven't watched it, I really think you'd like it.

I don't watch nearly as much TV as movies, but for top cop shows, I'd say:
1. The Shield
2. The Wire
3. Dexter S1
4. True Detective S1
5. Reno 911
6. Miami Vice
7. 21 Jump St.
(Honestly those last two are kind of nostalgia picks for me... they admittedly fall apart in the final seasons.)

There are several other series that'd probably make my list, but I haven't seen all the episodes yet.  Justified, The Killing, Southland... plus there are all the ones that focus more on the crime than the cops!  Anyway, there's my personal list.  :)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I can’t keep my lists to just 10. And a lot of these are on my list for specific periods of time, with weaker seasons being more or less ignored. 

(Npo)

Dramas

Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones 
Sopranos
Twin Peaks
Six Feet Under
Peaky Blinders
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Mad Men
Lost
Hannibal
The Americans
24 (first half of the first season is what earns it a spot on my list)
Narcos

Comedies

Simpsons
Seinfeld
Arrested Development 
30 Rock
Monty Python’s Flying Circus
MASH
All in the Family
Cheers
Curb Your Enthusiasm 
Taxi
The Office (both)
WKRP in Cincinnati 
Always Sunny In Philadelphia 
South Park

I’d add Deadwood and Dark to my dramas list now.

macmilln

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not in any particular order:
  • Community
  • The Office (US)
  • Breaking Bad
  • Better Call Saul
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Parks & Rec
  • Seinfeld
  • Diff'rent Strokes
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
  • The Mandalorian

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Modern Family has Ty Burrell, so I'm sure it's amazing. Haven't watched it though.

Top Bottom