• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Tin Cup - The Golfer's Cut 2020 HD

theryaney said:
not orson welles said:
I am interested. Please PM me the link. That ending where he f's up on the golf course due to stubbornness gets me every time!

I suggest PMing him instead of asking him to PM you in the thread.

Exactly right.  And just to head off this possibility as well, don't post in the thread after you send him a PM that says "I sent you a PM."

Hey all.

Sent the link again to Dig, for some reason this project was holding in limbo.  Hoping to be on the docket for review soon!

The Great Subtracter said:
Hey all.

Sent the link again to Dig, for some reason this project was holding in limbo.  Hoping to be on the docket for review soon!

Sending me the links isn't submitting.

All first time submits need to be sent to our Academy Admin, @"DominicCobb". He will inform you of the next steps.

Thanks

LOL I thought when it was moved to Pending Approval, that meant... you know  :D

The Great Subtracter said:
LOL I thought when it was moved to Pending Approval, that meant... you know  :D

*Thread moved to ITW*

The move was an error on my part based on your comment that you had submitted the edit. Please contact DominicCobb to properly submit your edit. When he confirms the edit has been submitted this tread will be moved to Pending.

Edit submitted, thread moved to Pending Approval.

Thread moved to inactive at the request of the editor. Thanks.

Thread reopened and moved back to in-the-works.

Thank you!

This edit in back in production. New blu ray purchased:

"Warner Archive's new Blu-ray marks a huge improvement; it's sourced from a recent 2K scan of the interpositive and looks great with strong image detail, plenty of visible film grain, and a pleasing palette that showcases Tin Cup's sun-baked locations. Warm earth tones are prominent with plenty of room for vivid greens, which are richly saturated but show no obvious signs of bleeding. As usual, the disc is well-authored and runs at an extremely high bit rate while completely avoiding compression artifacts, banding, and other eyesores. Overall, this is a very tight and stable image that, while clearly looking like a product of its time period, is so far beyond previous home video releases that die-hard fans will be thrilled."

Good to see this thread up and running again Subtracter!

This edit is finished and ready for Academy Submission.

Thread moved to ITW-inactive while other projects are worked on.

Moved to ITW per editor request.

Was working on a movie poster for my edit and found this.
It has inspired a full rework of this cut, more details soon.
91yRFP61YhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Update 10/2020:

When I was preparing the cover art, I found an awesome set photos with a monotone color grading that has a cool blue tint. I loved the way the photo felt classic and special. The set photos felt almost “Rat Pack” cool. I love the original movie and especially the new HD release, but the overall color saturation and obviously dated technology made it feel dated as well IMO. So I dove back in and tested an idea.

Personally, I love the new “cool blue noir” look. The footage feels more timeless, and the technology isn’t as distracting. The fashion looks less distracting too, allowing to focus on the golf. So I am very happy with it.

I also took the angle a little further, and mostly removed all but the center channel audio. Since this is supposed to feel older, I felt the single channel to Stereo conversion seems appropriate, and allowed much of the soundtrack to be reduced. There is still plenty of music, but it feels more intimate and universal. And I changed the end credit musical choice to something more appropriate.

Each and every cut was also re-examined to see if there was room for improvement. The AC/DC song was replaced with a more tone-appropriate ZZ Top. The RV scene was re-edited, as was the waffle house scene. Overall another minute was cut. New poster created from the inspiring photo and includes the original production cast sheet from the actual Press Kit for the movie.

Initial Run Time: 2h14m
New Edit Run Time: 1h56m

1920x800 AAC 320 kbps, 48 kHz Stereo

Here is the present cut list:
  • Trimmed Molly's explanation of her job
  • Removed Roy’s walk through strip bar to remove nudity.
  • Trimmed Roy's call with Doreen to remove blatant time off request.
  • Trimmed “Pink Fag Ball” line to “Pink Ball.”
  • Removed Molly's call with another psychologist.
  • Removed Molly watching Roy from inside her car.
  • Trimmed Molly in Roy's RV to remove her lack of confidence in her profession (since she mentioned at the beginning that its her life's work)
  • Removed Molly's mention of how she think Roy's arrogance is attractive
  • Removed Molly returning the Caddy to Roy and the resulting car ride.
  • Trimmed bar golf shot bet scene to remove Simms telling Molly that "she really looks good" at the end.
  • Removed RV sex scene
  • Trimmed Waffle house scene to remove Molly explaining that she is now sleeping with Roy
  • Removed final RV sleeping scene
  • Trimmed and moved final RV couch discussion up before Romeo's tango.
  • Move Romeos tango to the end
  • Changed closing music to ZZ Top’s La Grange
PM Me for a link if interested! Timeless B&W version AND Original Classic Color Version available.

Thank you @ajsimmo for my first review for this edit! Woo hoo! That is so cool!!!!

Thank you @kennykatatak for the awesome review!!!

**UPDATE** Now in 5.1 Audio, and subtitles now available!

I'm also taking a look at the "Press Conference Cut" that has been mentioned in the reviews a couple times, I want to make this edit even better!

Here is the cut mentioned:
  1. originally there is a hard cut from the press conference to inside the RV, and a fade from black cut to the morning shots of the course.
  2. The original edit cut simply removed the scene in between and kept the natural transitions - a had cut to a fade in
  3. The new alternate is a hard cut from the press conmference, to a hard cut to the next morning at the course. (It feels more cinematic for sure, but my worry is that the feeling of time passing gets lost.)

Anyone have a preference or ideas for a better way to manage this? I'm open here to suggestions to accomplish my intent? Clearly the current transition does not feel natural enough.

Last edited:
Thank you @kennykatatak for the awesome review!!!

**UPDATE** Now in 5.1 Audio, and subtitles now available!

I'm also taking a look at the "Press Conference Cut" that has been mentioned in the reviews a couple times, I want to make this edit even better!

Here is the cut mentioned:
  1. originally there is a hard cut from the press conference to inside the RV, and a fade from black cut to the morning shots of the course.
  2. The original edit cut simply removed the scene in between and kept the natural transitions - a had cut to a fade in
  3. The new alternate is a hard cut from the press conmference, to a hard cut to the next morning at the course. (It feels more cinematic for sure, but my worry is that the feeling of time passing gets lost.)

Anyone have a preference or ideas for a better way to manage this? I'm open here to suggestions to accomplish my intent? Clearly the current transition does not feel natural enough.
Part of the problem appears to be that there's a stray frame of the RV when the cut happens (in both edited versions - I have not seen the edit as released so I don't know if the problem was there or it's something in your current timeline). But here's what I'd try: fade the last shot of the press conference to black, in a way that has the "worry about the percentages" part of the line over black, and then have the next scene fade in as in the original. It's the smoothest and most cinematic solution, I think.

Ah! The frame is me rushing to do this YT video, not in the actual edits! :)

Love this idea, thank you! I will mock this up ASAP and we will see!

Back
Top Bottom