• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thoughts on The Flash? (SPOILERS!!!)

As someone who loves this universe, and hates Batman & Robin, I gotta say that I absolutely loved the ending and wouldn't want anything else. I mean, it would always be better with Val Kilmer, but that was never going to happen.

Now, what are the implications of ending up in the Clooney universe? For one thing, is this specifically the B&R universe, or a parallel universe that happens to also have Clooney Batman? This is an important distinction, because the B&R universe is interesting. In B&R, there's direct reference to Superman. Either Superman is a fictional character in this universe, or we have a Superman that has been active since at least the 90s. Who is this universe's Superman then, assuming that it's not Cavill due to him being too young? Hear me out, what if this is the Nic Cage Superman universe? Now, tell me you wouldn't want a Justice League movie starring George Clooney and Nicolas Cage! (as far as 90's Superman I guess it could also theoretically be Dean Cain...)

I would've preferred if the movie ended with the court scene. There's this moment where Barry is smiling after his father was cleared, that would've been perfect if it cut to black right after. The whole Clooney moment felt so off.

Last edited:
As someone who loves this universe, and hates Batman & Robin, I gotta say that I absolutely loved the ending and wouldn't want anything else. I mean, it would always be better with Val Kilmer, but that was never going to happen.

Now, what are the implications of ending up in the Clooney universe? For one thing, is this specifically the B&R universe, or a parallel universe that happens to also have Clooney Batman? This is an important distinction, because the B&R universe is interesting. In B&R, there's direct reference to Superman. Either Superman is a fictional character in this universe, or we have a Superman that has been active since at least the 90s. Who is this universe's Superman then, assuming that it's not Cavill due to him being too young? Hear me out, what if this is the Nic Cage Superman universe? Now, tell me you wouldn't want a Justice League movie starring George Clooney and Nicolas Cage! (as far as 90's Superman I guess it could also theoretically be Dean Cain...)
The way I see it, The Flash ending take place in the same universe as Black Adam and WW84, a universe close to the SnyderVerse, with slight variations; superheroes are already established, which could explain the JSA operating in the public eye for decades before the Black Zero Event and Wonder Woman being active in the 80s, as opposed to the older universe where she was hiding for nearly a century. By my logic, even if Clooney is Batman, Cavill is still Superman (Black Adam).

Last edited:
Instead of spaghetti timelines, I wish they had just established Barry travelled to a parallel Earth.

My comic book brain can accept Bruce Wayne being different ages or looking completely different on different Earths.
But altered timelines? Less so.

Plus, if the movie ended with Barry realizing he is on a different Earth, it helps to more cleanly set up the Multiverse concept and preps the stage better for whatever Gunn and Safran have planned.

Last edited:
Instead of spaghetti timelines, I wish they had just established Barry travelled to a parallel Earth.

My comic book brain can accept Bruce Wayne being different ages or looking completely different on different Earths.
But altered timelines? Less so.

Plus, if the movie ended with Barry realizing he is on a different Earth, it helps to more cleanly set up the Multiverse concept and preps the stage better for whatever Gunn and Safran have planned.
This đź’Ż, I really had a hard time understanding the Keaton's spaghetti timelines, it didn't made sense, since we didn't even saw the Batman '89 world colliding with the DCEU, creating this whole new reality, like it was the case with the DonnerVerse and Superman Lives.

Back
Top Bottom