• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thoughts on The Flash? (SPOILERS!!!)

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I straight up loved it honestly. Other than the tasteless cameos at the very end those sucked

(except for Nicolas Cage and George Clooney, those were actually pretty funny)

The story was really engaging, I thought the humor worked really well (young Flash was very entertainingly annoying), and I feel like the time was seriously perfect. I’m kind of excited to see Andy Muschietti’s Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Surprisingly (and much to my dismay) I thought Ezra Miller was really funny and charming and now I’m kinda sad that they can’t (or more accurately shouldn’t) play the character of The Flash anymore.

Also hot take but I didn’t think Christopher Reeve’s cameo was that bad since he actually loved playing Superman and would still make cameos in stuff like Smallville even after he was paralyzed.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "tasteless" ?
A lot of people are up in arms over them bringing in George Reeves for a cameo since his death involved him being upset at being typecasted since Adventures Of Superman.

(there's also people saying it purposefully came out on the anniversary of said death, but that's all conspiratory bullshit.)

Honestly though, it was only like 5 seconds of him standing there and it wasn't even like Tarkin in Rogue One where they had him actually talk and interact with people.

Interesting view point.

Myself, as someone who grew up watching and loving reruns of the George Reeves show, I found his cameo to be heart warming, heroic and respectful.

Loved The Flash. A genuinely good movie. Lots of laughs, lots of emotion.

No notes other than very questionable CGI, but even then, I'm pretty sure the "chrono-dome" is supposed to look like that. This was a clever take on the origin-movie.

Keaton didn't miss a fucking step. God, I missed his Batman. At some point he pulls out a tape measure and it's literally the most Batman thing ever.

Again, no further notes. A good time at the cinemas.

Last edited:
I had no interest in this movie due to the ridiculous production hell it was in forever, and then because of all of Ezra Miller's issues. Then I saw the trailer, and they pulled me in. This is the only DC movie to date I've actually been excited to see, and I was only mildly disappointed. Overall, I'd give it a B-, which other than the first Wonder Woman is probably the best I'd rate any of them (and WW1 is probably just a B+ due to the sloppy ending).

What I liked:
  • Michael Keaton's Batman
  • All of the cameos of alternate universes in the end, especially George Reeve and Nicholas Cage's Supermen!
  • The Flash's tongue-in-cheek joke about the Justice League being mad at mental healthcare
  • Young Flash trying to turn his head while wearing Keaton's rubber cowl
  • The new Supergirl, I really hope she gets her own movie
What I disliked:
  • Way too slow to start; the first 50 minutes could have been compressed down to like 5 and just dropped us in media res
  • Two Ezra Millers
  • Weird running effects
  • Terrible CGI (especially the babies, dog, and everything in the Chrono Bowl)
  • Also the name "Chrono Bowl"
  • Lots of jokes didn't land (for me at least)
  • Michael Shannon looked bored out of his mind
  • Who killed Barry's mom? We still don't know!
  • The pointless Aquaman post-credits
Anyway, it was fine to watch once but I don't plan on ever watching any of the DCEU films again, and I couldn't care less about the upcoming Blue Beetle or Aquaman movies. Maybe in a few years I'll give one of the movies-to-series edits a try just so I can break it down into digestible 45 minute chunks.

I was waiting to see this with my sibling, we talked about it when we went to SpiderVerse. Today I found out that they saw it with my dad over the weekend. So in a depressed state, I made an imprmptu trip to the movies this evening, for which my mom ended up tagging along.
So, I loved it, lot's of fun despite the flaws. My mom really enjoyed it too which made me happy, she was also the first to complain about the bad cgi which I couldn't disagree with. Lots of dumb stuff, but I was able to accept it and laugh. All the cameos were neat, especially Nic Cage. I understand some finding the cameos of the deceased to be distasteful, I wonder if they could be replaced with like, Brandon Routh and Val Kilmer and whoever else. There's so much editing potential, but that's for another thread.

A lot of people are up in arms over them bringing in George Reeves for a cameo since his death involved him being upset at being typecasted since Adventures Of Superman.
There's a lot of speculation there. The LAPD report on his death stated that it was due to suicide because he was "he couldn't get the sort of parts he wanted", but there's no evidence to support that statement. There's also some weird stuff about the scene of the death, where multiple bullets were found lodged in the ceiling and floor, and there were no fingerprints found on the gun that fired the bullet that killed him.

The best superhero movie since Endgame (all in all, it wasn't a big competition). Watching Keaton return as Batman on the big screen was such an amazing experience, it's a shame he won't stay longer. The Flash itself is also cool, the younger version is kind of irritating but funny at the same time - in general, the humor is usually hit here and much better than what Marvel has been serving lately. The effects are actually tragic in places (especially babies, sometimes they looked like they were spit out by some underdeveloped AI), the final scene blew me away positively, I would like to see a direct continuation. The plot is also quite interesting and surprising in places (I swallowed a few spoilers, but in a moderate amount, so there were still surprises). The use of Elfman's theme is much better than in JL, and emotions - a lot of emotions.

Cons - sometimes power levels don't work .
- Batfleck's outfit and CGI cape are terrible.

8/10, with a chance for more after a replay.

It was OK. Best since Endgame? Nah.

Better than the entirety of Phase IV of Marvel, but in fourth place in regards to multiverse movies (Everything Everywhere At Once and No Way Home are the ones to beat)

The time travel stuff they attempt to explain but it's largely just turn your brain off stuff, just roll with it. People are where they are just because. Affleck was good in his part, and there's a few other surprises. Ezra glues the whole thing together and really toughen it out as older Barry, while there's also a pay off to Other Barry's youthful energy and recklessness. Keaton is a highlight, but he really doesn't do a whole lot and is just a sidekick with barely any development, his peformance is peak 'cheque please' and Supergirl does nothing but spout exposition about herself, hardly any character, and serves only one function that I won't spoil.

Frankly, I consider No Way Home to be kinda boring movie (with couple of fun moments) that wanted to show some characters together but didnt have any idea how to do it properly - so it feels very forced. Flash, on the other hand, had an idea, maybe it wasn't executed flawlessly, but still worked.

I would rate NWH 5/10 max. Flash delivered way more fun, along with more likable characters and much better plot.

EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE AT ONCE is freaking AMAZEBALLS! :love:

Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness and Spider-Man No Way Home I think are both better executed than The Flash imo, but I had way more FUN with the Flash, but mostly because I am a DC kid.

But honestly, the CW Arrowverse CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS did it better than all three super-hero multiverse movies for 1/1000 of the budget.

I would rate NWH 5/10 max. Flash delivered way more fun, along with more likable characters and much better plot.
What plot? It was a bunch of stuff happening. As Bob says, Crisis has a much more meaningful and tighter plot with a fraction of what this film could do (and had more captivating visual effects too)

We'll have to agree to disagree then.
As for superhero TV shows - not interested in those.

As for superhero TV shows - not interested in those.
You should give some of them a go, some of DC at their best and worst, but they're always engaging.

I'm not a TV show type guy, very rarely watch any TV series, and everything I saw from these series was completely discouraging to me (especially when it comes to the cheap look). Tried some of the MCU shows just because I was invested in MCU, but it turned out that they've killed my whole enthusiasm and now I'm not interested even in the movies. Tried watching Netflix Daredevil and given up on it after 6 episodes. It's just not for me, especially when I dont care for these less known characters and dont want to see yet another version of these that I already know. There is just too much of everything in superhero department now and I am tired of it. Especially when some new ideas of some filmmakers (like whole Gunn's plan for DC, or what Sony is doing with Spider-man villains) seem completely dumb to me.

Enjoyed Flash very much, way more than GOTG#3, but after that, I think I may be done with superhero genre for a while.

Last edited:
Lots of great points on both sides and goddamn Keaton was awesome, but one thing that I felt that hasn’t been mentioned (besides Batfleck looking GAUNT) was that the farther away Barry got from the original universe he was from, the stakes felt… less important?

I mean, Cage’s Superman basically signified to me that these worlds are more what COULD be, more than fully valid new universes that I SHOULD care about. So in the back of my heart, Zods fight was for a world I didn’t recognize or was vested in (post Keaton Batman then the world goes back to normal?)

So overall, it felt like a fun “elseworlds” or contained Barry story, but I didn’t even care about the Arthur of the final timeline of he’s still drinking and not the new king of Atlantis? Is he even still a JL member or has his story not actually begun?

Sigh. I am not a theatrical DCEU fan but goddamnit I love the fan edited DCEU so much, and am just so sad to see it go. I really wish instead of the gag of George Clooney, we got the ending in screeners with cavill and team and the new ones too, to respect and close out the DCEU proper.

… I really wish instead of the gag of George Clooney, we got the ending in screeners with cavill and team and the new ones too, to respect and close out the DCEU proper.
100 % agree!!!

Back
Top Bottom