• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Vow of Sherlock (Sherlock S3&4)

Zarius said:
In my "Adventure of CAM" edit, I also shortened Molly's slap to just the once too. It took me a few goes (more to get an audio cue to synch up)

Well, for me I just used the last slap, cut mary's reaction. The audio went pretty well I think.

Zarius said:
Decent cutlist, let me know when you have a draft available

Sure, uploading now. It's a 1.05 GB file for the draft.

I loved how you transitioned to Holmes back at Baker Street at 1 hr:21 seconds :)

Nice way of inserting the Euros/Redbeard stuff at the end

You nailed the one and only Molly slap perfectly

However, when your version of the credits show up in the Aquarium shots at the start of the edit, I can occasionally make out the credits from those shots from the actual episode. I would suggest actually replacing the Aquarium footage from the episode with altogether different Aquarium footage so as to avoid that problem and just play Sherlock's voice over that footage. Ask people here for help in tracing down footage that you could use for that.

I think Mycroft setting up the alternative facts regarding how Sherlock dealt with C.A.M can be adjusted a little more to avoid how abrupt cutting him off before "Are you tweeting", possibly by making comments like "only the three people in this room will ever know the whole truth" play out as a voice-over over the footage of Magnusson being shot by a "sniper", then end the voice-over right before Sherlock says "that isn't what happened at all"

Zarius said:
I loved how you transitioned to Holmes back at Baker Street at 1 hr:21 seconds :)

Nice way of inserting the Euros/Redbeard stuff at the end

You nailed the one and only Molly slap perfectly

However, when your version of the credits show up in the Aquarium shots at the start of the edit, I can occasionally make out the credits from those shots from the actual episode. I would suggest actually replacing the Aquarium footage from the episode with altogether different Aquarium footage so as to avoid that problem and just play Sherlock's voice over that footage. Ask people here for help in tracing down footage that you could use for that.

I think Mycroft setting up the alternative facts regarding how Sherlock dealt with C.A.M can be adjusted a little more to avoid how abrupt cutting him off before "Are you tweeting", possibly by making comments like "only the three people in this room will ever know the whole truth" play out as a voice-over over the footage of Magnusson being shot by a "sniper", then end the voice-over right before Sherlock says "that isn't what happened at all"

Thanks very, very much. ;)

This is an alternate way, I just added a shot of Mycroft before he turns on the TV. I like your idea, but if this is not too abrupt, this might work.

For the aquarium shots though, that would mean losing some of the shots with Sherlock. I am now working one this, to fix the credits showing up. Again, if it doesn't work, I'll be happy to replace it.

That works a lot better, and kind of gets better with each replay :)

Zarius said:
That works a lot better, and kind of gets better with each replay :)

Okay!

Tweaked opening. Edited transition a bit here and there. :)

Send me your latest draft first, I think you're just about there but I want to make sure :)

Zarius said:
Send me your latest draft first, I think you're just about there but I want to make sure :)

There's no change, just these two that I fixed.

Ok then, we're ready for launch :)

Calling any mod/admin to move this as this is finished. It's TV to Movie btw.

Thread moved to completed fanedits. You may want to update your first post.

Thanks, Throw. I did a small edit to the OP too. Here's the cover art:

221bringiton.png

disc.png

Cracking work.

Send me the finished version :)

Back
Top Bottom