• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Vow of Sherlock (Sherlock S3&4)

Oohhhhhhh that is fantastic! That will, however long that might take will truly happen.  :) 

By the way, for the credits, I have done simple fade in and fade outs of some of the caast and in the background playing is Waltz for John and Mary and it is amazing!

Cool, going for a more cinematic feel then :)

The original credits always go so fast.

Well, the extras roll at the normal speed. I am confused with the pacing, mood, and placement of some of the scenes. :) 

I mean, Sherlock straight up shoots someone, gets exiled, turns out he is not going to be because someone kind of comes back from the dead and he is his greatest nemesis, jokes about it, normal thing. I mean, it just went from Sherlock shot, comedy in the Holmes house, utter seriousness in Appledore, comedy again. 

For the ST intro, I want to add in the Game is on music for the audio cue and cut Sherlock asking Smallwood why he knows when the game is on.

Good idea, ''because I love it'' was a really weak way of ending the scene in the original. It's like audiences going ''well of course you love it''

Are you going to use any of the present day scenes from Abominable Bride to bridge from Last Vow to Thatchers? It would help with him having the munchies at the start of ''Thatchers'' since he was taking drugs on the plane.

No, as I don't think it is important enough. I watched TAB way after I finished TFP and I'm fine with the transition. I'll post a preview here someday.

Cool, looking forward to the preview. :)

Definitely working on that. ;) 

Can an admin or moderator possibly move this to ITW? Thanks in advanced. :p

Thread moved to in-the-works.

I used that same video when my Sherlock edits were approved ;)

Zarius said:
I used that same video when my Sherlock edits were approved ;)

Oh, I always know when the game is on. :) 

Do you know why? Because I love it.

Side note: I should've done that too for return. :p

This is a different take I personally like. It involves cutting the whole Moriarty thing and the exiling scene. 

Let me know what you think.

I like the notion of taking away the return of Moriarty arc, it puts all the focus on Mary and her plight and doesn't distract viewers too much from storylines that are ongoing and go beyond just what they're currently viewing.

As for the cuts, maybe if you cut to the mock-up after Mycroft says "it would require our approval" rather than when Smallwood says "hardly merciful",  either that or leave in Mycroft saying his brother is a murderer.

I admire the attempt at trying to cut out the brotherly spat over Sherlock tweeting and the lame comedy of him getting the munchies, I initially thought the cut after "way beyond" came a little too abrupt, but then I realised the "ARE YOU TWEETING?!" line comes swiftly after so it's probably for the best it's as close to done as it is here.

Zarius said:
I like the notion of taking away the return of Moriarty arc, it puts all the focus on Mary and her plight and doesn't distract viewers too much from storylines that are ongoing and go beyond just what they're currently viewing.

As for the cuts, maybe if you cut to the mock-up after Mycroft says "it would require our approval" rather than when Smallwood says "hardly merciful",  either that or leave in Mycroft saying his brother is a murderer.

I admire the attempt at trying to cut out the brotherly spat over Sherlock tweeting and the lame comedy of him getting the munchies, I initially thought the cut after "way beyond" came a little too abrupt, but then I realised the "ARE YOU TWEETING?!" line comes swiftly after so it's probably for the best it's as close to done as it is here.

So, are we go for that?

I'll do the cut before hardly merciful. Yeah, that "are you tweeting line" was extremely hard to work around.

Yeah, if you feel you want this to be in the edit, go with what you feel is more creative for it. :)

I'm removing the part where Sherlock thinks Ammo is Lady Smallwood, and her interrogation by Mycroft. Sherlock nows goes back to London, few scenes of Mary and John, then he goes to the bridge, then deduces about Vivian.

Should get a preview soon.

Alright, here is the cutlist. This should be more or less done.

• Added custom "BBC Films" logo/intro
  • Moved Samarra monologue to the beginning
  • Added production credits + a theryaney presentation
  • Added a title card
  • Cropped the credits from the opening of His Last Vow and trimmed it a bit
  • Cut down Molly's slap into just once
  • Cut Bill Wiggins' introduction
  • John and Janine exchange trimmed
  • Sherlock and Janine in the hospital cut
  • Moved Mary, John, and Sherlock in Baker Street before Holmes Christmas house
  • Billy in the Holmes house mostly cut, he’s just in the background
  • Cut “Hardly merciful” and “My brother is a murderer”
  • Airport exile scene cut
  • All of Moriarty’s Miss Me montage cut
  • All traces of Moriarty back in the Six Thatchers cut
  • Trimmed briefing, all of “Are you tweeting?!” cut
  • Cut Six thatchers intro
  • Cut knife slashing, John and his “JOHN BLOG PAGE.jpg” just google it if you don’t know what I mean
  • Cut “Sandy Death” case
  • Cut John with his flower
  • Cut Sherlock’s Miss Me flashback
  • Cut Sherlock meeting Mycroft about “Something’s coming”
  • Cut Sherlock’s ridiculous joke about the client’s wife being a spy and Lestrade & Interpol agent exchange
  • Cut the dog stopping for obvious reasons
  • Cut Sherlock thinking it was Lady Smallwood because of “Amo is love in Latin” and the interrogation and phone call
  • Replace the Credits for a more cinematic feel and score it with Waltz for John and Mary
  • Added Eurus song and Redbeard from when Mary drugs Sherlock as after credits scene

Disposing of the Smallwood red herring is a good idea...pointless filler.

In my "Adventure of CAM" edit, I also shortened Molly's slap to just the once too. It took me a few goes (more to get an audio cue to synch up)

Good to see the dog cut...again, filler and bad spot at comedy

Decent cutlist, let me know when you have a draft available

Back
Top Bottom