• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE THINGS - 1982/2011 plus FULL Text and PIP Comentary

I see. Not sure what to suggest then.

I'd suggest getting a better provider.

I received The Things Disc 1 DVD in the mail recently from Wraith. I will upload to NewsGroups either Monday or Tuesday.

This is the amended version addressing ALL the issues raised in this thread and a few others.

W

Disc 1 of the DL DVD has been uploaded to usenet. PM me if you want it.

I confess to being a bit lost in the 'new' world of usenet. I think I'm just about on board with how to access usenet (though it will require me to purchase an account from someone like Giganews or News Demon), but I'm lost on what is now available and how to find it.

I can only burn single layer, so I would be looking for SL versions of disc 1 & disc 2. I've not been able to find this release in any format on search engines (e.g. NZBMatrix) and I'm not clear which versions are available anyway. Can anyone enlighten me on:

1. What versions of this release are currently available; and
2. How one finds them (i.e. are PMs the only reliable answer)?

Thanks

Hi Phual. Currently only Disc 1 of the Dual Layer DVD is available. The editor had to fix a couple technical errors and the older versions went offline. Hopefully the Single Layer DVDs will be available soon.

And as far as having to buy a NewsDemon or Giganews account, check out this tutorial:

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread.php?7422-GUIDE-How-to-Download-from-Usenet

If you have any questions about usenet, PM me (or use Google).

And when the SL DVDs are ready they will be available on info.

I guess it's jsut a case of waiting for the things to catch up then.

Thanks for the link to the turoial.

I PM'd Wraith but haven't heard anything. Could someone please PM me if they know where I can get this, please?

I managed to find a version of this on a newsgroup (a friend on the thing prequel page on fb gave me a link), but when I use sabnzbd to d/l it, it keeps asking for a password. Problem is, I can't figure out WHERE I'm supposed to put a password in, and I'm not sure what the password is. In the .zip file I have, it says to ask here... Anyone have an idea?

Try fanedit.org or fanedited.com

If it's not one of those, don't know.

Neglify said:
Try fanedit.org or fanedited.com

If it's not one of those, don't know.

Okay, but where do I put them in? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm new to all of this... :/

Macready? When do you think it got to him? :p

Wraith sent me a message back in the end, but as far as I could see it was blank. Oh well. I'm sure it's great.

Hey was looking to get this, as far as I can tell they are offline, could you put them back up om mf thanks!

Back
Top Bottom