• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Thing Prequel [2011]

steelio2006 said:
well i watched John Carpenter's The Thing this week, in celebration of Halloween and all, and i have to say that it is better the second time watching it. I'm definitely more excited for the prequel. Here's to hoping it doesn't screw things up.

Same thing for me, first time i saw it. It just gets better with each viewing.

well it was the first time my fiancee had seen it. so she didnt have any idea what was gonna happen. which was really fun to see her jump and squirm. lol.

If you haven't already... watch it with the commentary.
It's one of the best commentaries I've listened to with Carpenter and Kurt.

as long as thy do not cater it to today's stupid kids and dumb scares it might have a a chance at being ok, then again......I'm not getting my hopes up

I just wet myself a little bit.

The set where they keep the block is so well re-created, I have high hopes that they will keep their promise of being true to Carpenter's film.

Oooh, I is all tingly with anticipation. :)

Poster and trailer are good...
but, well, it does look more like a pure remake with the excuse of the norway team to share the same fate as the american one.
Even the title is exactly the same.
If they have more in store than what the trailer shows it could be interesting, but I'm still skeptical.

plus if you read the set reports over at bloody-disgusting.com, they give u an idea a little bit of what to expect. same with aintitcoolnews.

yeah, totally looks like a straight remake, but i guess it would have to....right?

regardless, the trailer does look good and am pleased so far.

I thought the trailer was well done. This is a prequel right? Isn't this about the Norweigen team that discovered the creature from the start of Carpenter's remake? Thought I saw the dog in the trailer. ;-)

^Correct on premise.

Whether or not that dog is supposed to be 'the one' is hard to say. They would have multiple dogs, after all. :)

i remember seeing this trailer before when the film was originally suppose to come out before. this is one of those films that was finished and then put on the shelf for some unknown reason (timing wasn't right maybe). i love John Carpenter's The Thing. so i'm definitely interested to see what they do with it.

There was a bootleg trailer leaked (in poor quality) but it was different. This is the first officially released trailer. That said, yes...the film was pushed back several months. (I believe the originally planned release date was April.) I can see why they thought that October would be a better time. :)

Looks like a straight remake mainly because the setting is exactly the same location (good), the alien does the same stuff (good) and the humans react the same way (...). I'm CAUTIOUSLY optimistic about this not sucking.

i'm looking forward to it. i was looking forward to it when it was first announced. been keeping up with the news about it too. i loved the John Carpenter's one. which was a remake also cause it was remaking the 50s movie The Thing From Another World (something like that)

I have to say that I also want to check it out, just wished that they had taken the high road and filmed the thing in Norwegian, as authenticity beats all in my book.

^I will give them points if there is at least one character who doesn't speak English, and he ends up being the one who shoots at the dog from the helicopter and yells a warning to the Outpost 31 crew in Norwegian. ...Big points. (But I doubt they will.)

I have the leaked script (not the final shooting script, but it's close to scenes in the trailer). If you are interested, I can upload it.

Back
Top Bottom