• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The NeverEnding Story: The Atreyu Edit

On an alternate note, I've discovered some new info about the movie.

Apparently, "Natsu No Jewelry" by Seiko Matsuda is the theme song of the Japanese version, I assume that is mixed on the intro sequence. I would love to get a full clip of this, just for my own personal use. However, I can't seem to find that particular Japanese dub of the opening sequence anywhere online though.

I've also been looking online for an early draft of the movie script (early 1984/1983) because apparently, in addition to actually having the Parmenter scene described in full (shared in a different post in this thread), it also has full descriptions of 2 other scenes that were never shot because the studio simply didn't have the technology at the time to create them visually.

The first was an initial scene with Falkor, the very first time we actually meet him, which involved Atreyu rescuing the Luck Dragon from Ygramul the Many. The monster was a shapeshifting beast that took the form of giant poisonous wasps which coalesced into a giant spider. It is apparently Atreyu's rescue of Falkor that renders him unconscious to talk in his sleep, and gets Falkor's undying loyalty for saving him, causing Falkor to fly him to the Gnomes (and this leads into the scene of Falkor being injected with Atreyu there, because he is being cured of the poison from Ygramul after Atreyu rescued him).

The second scene also included Falkor and had the two encountering the Wild Giants. The creatures were meant to be made of clouds, but they were constantly shrinking as a result of The Nothing's growth (similar to the Parmenter scene). This could have potentially been an extended scene, prior to when they encounter the Nothing, leading to Atreyu falling off of Falkor.

If I had access to the actual early script in its entirety, I could probably make an attempt to re-create the scenes.

So if anyone who actually stumbles on this post happens to have anything I can use or has information that can assist me, please don't hesitate to contact me.

How is this edit coming along? I am behind but want to watch the workprint I have. Is it the most up to date @Atreyu ?

I saw he didn't have a badge. Now I see why🙏

I saw he didn't have a badge. Now I see why🙏

Yes this edit is done. There's probably a total of 2 other fixes still to implement in the future, but other than that it's all complete. I've already sent the fixed audio for one of those things over to ParanoidAndroid.

I actually made the Bonus Content video myself entirely. I hope you enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom