• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The MST-HD Remaster Project Vol. 001 Godzilla vs The Sea Monster

Wasn't there a Captain Scarlet one? If so, would you be looking at doing that one?
There was indeed, and it was the second episode ever broadcast (what was the very first one? Stingray!) However, those are KTMA episodes aka "season zero", the very first incarnation of the show from a local TV station in Minnesota, and considered comparatively subpar by most everyone (creators included), so I don't know how much interest there would be in that. If you're new to MST3k I wouldn't recommend those as starters.

I don't know what may be next from SeaCom, they have not disclosed the rest of their project list so far. I can only guess one of them will be Godzilla vs. Megalon, since it's another "lost" episode (there's a handful of famously unavailable ones due to copyright issues with the movies, in this case Toho being extremely protective of the Big G) and they already have the movie in HD in the same box set as Ebirah/Sea Monster. But we'll see.

Wasn't there a Captain Scarlet one? If so, would you be looking at doing that one?
I've seen some images of the Captain Scarlet remastered blurays and they look great, but @Dwight Fry is right, Season 0 isn't exactly the best place to start with the show. I believe they improvised all their riffs during that season before moving to Comedy Central, who insisted they write the show before filming.

And @INIGHTMARES is correct, I hope to have 2 more done by the end of the year.

For anyone who'd like to tackle their own episode, I can offer guidance and project files. Honestly isolating the silhouettes and throwing them on top of the HD movie is pretty simple.

I'm so happy with the final result of the edit @SeaCom . Congrats on the approval and I look forward to your next one. A lot of work went into this besides a simple upscale. Go hang out with Joel and the bots if you haven't seen the edit yet folks.

Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

Back
Top Bottom