• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The MST-HD Remaster Project Vol. 001 Godzilla vs The Sea Monster

I think the green ones suit the classic era best, they're the color of Dr. F's coat, as well as Pearl's (purple makes me think of Kinga and Max). But I'm okay with classic red.

I concur with Dwight. Don't think it makes much difference, but red matches the jumpsuit, if you're looking for a justification. Green and purple don't look bad but of the two I prefer green and don't know if it's better than red. Green feels more specific to the show while red better indicates a theater setting.

There is no right answer, you must choose one (or, here's a totally out of left field idea, toss the curtain out completely and replace the entrance/exit silhouettes with similar enough ones from the movie or the widescreen Netflix reboot, fade from one silhouette to the other during the transition from sitting to standing, and vice versa, I dunno if that's viable but maybe).

Not proud of how long this has taken me, but this edit is almost ready for release.

Here's a trailer:
499672_1.jpg

I thought briefly about recreating the FVI credits, but decided to use the Walter Reade titles instead once I found this recreation:

Since the Mystery Science Theater sits empty while the FVI credits play, we're not missing any jokes and I just thought the Walter Reade titles get things moving a lot faster. So like the curtains, it's a concession I made for this HD remaster that I figured might rattle some purists.
That doesn't bother me at all, exactly because the original episode has no riffs (or riffers present) during the opening credits. I never understood why.

But I am wondering: even if with just this title card, now inevitably J&tB will be entering the theater with the movie already playing, and due to the title card you can't use the curtains. How did you work around this? Or should I wait for the finished edit to find out?

But I am wondering: even if with just this title card, now inevitably J&tB will be entering the theater with the movie already playing, and due to the title card you can't use the curtains. How did you work around this? Or should I wait for the finished edit to find out?
This was the one spot where I actually animated a few seconds of them walking in for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Replacing the movie titles was the biggest change I made, but besides that there are a few small surprises. But not a word of dialogue has been removed from the episode.

To everyone interested in this edit, the editor @SeaCom has settled on this being a Special Project rather than a FanFix. SeaCom would like it to remain true to the original with no cuts, which is fine by @ArtisDead and myself.

If you're even mildly interested in MST3K you'll be pleasantly surprised by this upscale. He did a lot of work to get it properly in HD.

Yes, this edit is complete. I just need some decent cover art to submit it to the ifdb.

I threw this together a while back, but it's just a Deviantartist's custom poster with a few MST elements over it.

2kzm3q0.png

I'm in awe of some folks' ability with Photoshop but it's not really my forte, Will.

Yes, this edit is complete. I just need some decent cover art to submit it to the ifdb.

I threw this together a while back, but it's just a Deviantartist's custom poster with a few MST elements over it.

2kzm3q0.png

I'm in awe of some folks' ability with Photoshop but it's not really my forte, Will.
I'd say move the guys higher up on the poster to cover up the Kanji better.

And don't squish the logo so much.

As I looked at that picture, I thought, "Wait a minute... Reptilicus is a Season 11 episode." You have a VHS? Very cool.
Pic is not mine, but a VHS of Reptilicus does indeed exist. It was made as a Kickstarter reward for helping with the funding of Season 11.

I'm happy to say that this edit (the first of three) has been approved for mass consumption. Special thanks to @INIGHTMARES (again) for all of their diligence and effort reviewing it.
Then, as I've been waiting to say ever since this thread started...
...WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom