• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The movie you are most ashamed you have ever tried to watch

the plural would be "Bratw?rste" or if you like it neat "Bratw?rstchen"

;-)

I could go on for hours talking about the semantic details of german food...

for example:

if you are in cologne and you order a "Halve Hahn" (translated something like "half a chicken") you wouldn?t get a grilled chicken. No! It is the term for a sandwich made of half a br?tchen (like a bagle without a hole) and a slice of dark breed ("schwarzbrot"). In between you?ll find a slice of old gouda...

any questions so far?

;-)

Nein, Heinrich. :) Gott in Himmel, you don't have to go into detail about it. :D It was just a silly joke on the Colbert Report. :lol:

I see.

sooner or later most of the off topic threads drift towards discussing german food.

so we?ll definitely get back to it...

:eek:

i?m more into extremely boring office work...

:-(

but I love cooking!

my favorite soup recipe: Vichysoise

:)

i like cooking too. last night i made kohlrabi masala :)

ThrowgnCpr said:
i like cooking too. last night i made kohlrabi masala :)

do you really use the word ?kohlrabi? or did you just google the german translation? and what the hell is a masala?

heinrich?s dish of yesterday: Spaghetti al Bolognese (tons of garlic and secret ingredience: a few leaves of laurel)

no, i use that word. what else is it called? it was the first time I actually ate it though. A friend of mine planted a bunch in his garden, and I gave it a try last night.

masala is a spicy red indian sauce. quite delicious. so i sauted the kohlrabi for a while and then added tomatoes onions garlic and garam masala (which is like a curry, only spicy). enjoy over rice!!

...perhaps you just need to start the 'Heinrich's cuisine' thread

Ghost Rider... I managed to watch 15 minutes of this crap.

hmmm..... i think i'd have to say Grease... and Saturday Night Fever....
i went in expecting each of these movies to be at least somewhat cool based on their popularity.... wow, they were horrible.... SNF had absolutely no plot or point... and grease was just filled with bad music, bad acting... and was just terribly cheesy overall.... am ashamed i watched either ;) lol

i'd have to give an honorable mention to "hider in the house" with gary busey

aeon flux, ultraviolet and miami vice the movie.....I didnt finished this craps

I've watched several SciFi channel movies all the way through. The only titles I can remember are Raptor Island and Tremors 4.

Those are truly horrifying horror flicks. I think the directors intended to misuse the genre title.

@voodl - Oh come on... Ultraviolet was okay. Lot of action and a stupid story, it was just like Equilibrium if you take the black coats away.

I tried watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie a couple years back, out of sheer boredom... I could only stand about 20-30 minutes of it.

:oops: I was a big fan of the show when I was a kid (like... the very first season, before half the original cast was replaced LOL) but I still had enough sense to avoid the movie in theaters. LOL.

Movie I am most ashamed of watching (and actually kinda liking) Is Josie and the Pussycats. Rachel Leigh Cook is just so hot.

Nex, that's as good a reason as any to watch that movie. Outside of trying to actually count the product placement references, there's no real redeeming value in it. None. But Rachel Leigh Cook, Rosario Dawson and Tara Reid (pre-boob job disaster) are alright to look at for 90 minutes.

GyRo567 said:
I've watched several SciFi channel movies all the way through.

/me puts down remote control and slowly backs away from the crazy person.

there is nothing wrong with some of those scifi channel movies. They are just so bad but you inherently keep watching them. The newest top of the crap I saw was Boo. What a god awful piece of sh*t that was.

Back
Top Bottom