• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Mist (Other Worlds Cut)

Also you got robbed on that review of your edit. There's zero chance you deserve anything even close to that low, your work is always great.
Haha well maybe yeah. Subjectively I liked what I did and thought I accomplished my stated mission to make a more modernized cut. The reviewer did not share that subjective opinion and that's ok. Some people have a tendency to go into watching a fanedit with wishful thinking that it's going to be just the way they want. I know I have done that. I used to have the expectation that some random person's fanedit with a great sounding changelist would have seamless cuts... I found was usually wrong and stopped watching them for the most part. Except for the editors on Fanedit.org.

Yeah I get that. The weird part is yours is like the 5th or 6th review they left and the other reviews were all pretty normal. Strange.

Also whatcha think about that happier ending haha

Last edited:
Cool idea but ultimately the tragic ending fits. King mentioned Darabont's new movie ending was better than the book ending.

Thank you for adding some reviews!

King mentioned Darabont's new movie ending was better than the book ending.
If it just ended with David running into the mist as suicide after killing his family, sure. But with the army suddenly coming in and shooting down all them like a damn shooting gallery, it just ends up being an idiotic "OW THA EDGE" farce.

idiotic "OW THA EDGE" farce.
I think that would be true if it was made today but the movie is about to be 16 years old, not that that's THAT long ago (wow, try to explain that sentence to a non-english speaker haha).

It also isn't shocking just to be shocking, it's a commentary on never giving up on your kids. That's why he specifically sees the woman on the military truck who ran out earlier to find her own kids. It's also why I actually think your ending would be more "I'm so edgy," just a pointless moment of filicide with no message attached.

If it just ended with David running into the mist as suicide after killing his family, sure. But with the army suddenly coming in and shooting down all them like a damn shooting gallery, it just ends up being an idiotic "OW THA EDGE" farce.
I disagree about it being edgy - not only is it a still-too-damn-rare example of a Hollywood film daring to not only buck the reassuring ending but outright undermine it, it also fits with a thread that's woven through the entire film.

Right from the arrival of the storm, David's decisions don't tend to work out how he hopes and intends, despite him trying to do the best he can at the time to make the right choices. From the painting in his workspace and the boathouse both being destroyed by the storm (because he didn't move the painting to somewhere safe, and couldn't persuade Brent to cut down the dead tree), things start out by going wrong and they keep going that way - right through to the end, where we find out that help was only a few minutes away...

Back
Top Bottom