• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

Ticket ordered. Thanks for the heads-up, Neg.

Only screening in US cities huh?

46327519065_fb285bf1b1_o.gif

I checked the tickets website this morning for my cinema - only 27 other people bought tickets for tonight's show. Plenty of space to stretch out, then.

I also watched 'Lost in La Mancha' last night to get into the Gilliam mood. I was surprised how quickly things started to go wrong. It was funny yet embarrassing and sad at the same time. It will be interesting to see which ideas have made it into this version of the film.

The build up for this movie is impossible to live up to. Trying to check my expectations. I probably won’t see it until it’s available at home anyway.

I enjoyed it. It's not a great film - it loses its way towards the end and has too many scenes that go on a little too long - but it's funny and poignant with great locations and acting. It has interesting things to say about mental illness, dreams and fantasy, and has some nice in-jokes about the film's troubled history. Worth seeing, with expectations after so long a wait in check.

I'd ask if it's in a fan-fixable state, but I value my life too much.

There was a short 'Making of" feature after the film. He used 90% of the same locations as before and even some of the costumes. The script wasn't exactly the same, but I noticed a couple of scenes that were the same or very similar from the little that was shot and shown in 'Lost in La Mancha'.

Cool! Thanks for the report, Garp. I look forward to seeing it when(?) it comes to the UK :)

I wanted to see this in theaters but unfortunately I already had plans for the single night it was showing. I guess I'll have to wait for the Blu-ray to come out.

I saw the Man of La Mancha stage play in London today. I rather enjoyed it. It was enjoyable seeing Fraiser and Rodney Trotter act alongside each other.

Back
Top Bottom