• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

New images from the film! And some more potential drama...

The film is finished! And it’s supposed to play Cannes…but once again, there’s a catch. According to Deadline, a new legal challenge has arrived that could delay the film. Again. This problem is related to something we previously reported on: In 2016, Gilliam reached an agreement with producer Paulo Branco that gave Gilliam creative freedom over the project in exchange for the rights to the film. However, Branco apparently never provided the necessary funding, and Gilliam went out and found another producer. With a new deal in place, Gilliam finally was able to finish production. However, Branco says that since he technically owns the rights to the film, Gilliam can’t release it until he grants permission. Gilliam has countered that the contract with Branco is null and void since Branco never put up the money.

As Deadline reports, “Both sides had lodged complaints. Last May a French court ruled in favor of Branco, but said he could not stop the film from shooting. Then earlier this month, an appeals court heard from the parties with the final decision to be delivered on June 15.” When Man Who Killed Don Quixote ended up being added to the Cannes Film Festival at the last minute, it seemed as if the legal problems were resolved. But that’s not true, and now Branco and his Alframa productions have “obtained permission to seek a writ to stop the Cannes Film Festival from screening it.”

So who the hell even knows what will happen now. As of this writing, Don Quixote is still set to play at Cannes, and sooner or later, the whole world will have a chance to see it. Maybe! In the meantime, we can all satisfy our Don Quixote cravings with these new Man Who Killed Don Quixote images (via ComingSoon).

^ That trailer!  :) It looks like everything I hoped it would be.

#QuixoteVive

YoEYhZw.png

According to Deadline Hollywood news of a stroke are exaggerated.

Three clips from the film! I haven't watched them because that 2nd trailer was good for me.

Some great news is that the directors behind "Lost in La Mancha" announced the sequel, because of course they were documenting it again. The title they released was "His Dream of Giants".

This Paulo Branco guy sounds like a crazy a***hole. What sane Director or studio is going to want to work with him after he has done this to Gilliam's film (I think Amazon pulled out because they didn't want to work with such a person).  Even if a court has ruled that he owns the film legally, he doesn't own it morally. All the people who actually worked on it and financed it do. I just can't see how this works out well for him in a long-term career way. Hopefully we see the film released some day and without being meddled with. Sigh.

You can still pre-order the blu-ray from French Amazon???: https://www.amazon.fr/Lhomme-Qui-Tua-Quichotte-Blu-ray/dp/B07DKWP374/

"The ruling means that the rights to the film belong to Alfama. Any exploitation of the film up until now has been completely illegal and without the authorization of Alfama,” said Branco, in an interview with Screen Daily. “We will be seeking damages with interest from all the people involved in this illegal production and above all, all those who were complicit in its illegal exploitation. We’re holding everyone responsible.”

The way he describes it, you'd think Gilliam was using the production to launder drug money.

"illegal production", as I live and fuck... >.<

Screen Media has acquired the rights to the film and plans on a theatrical release in March 2019. Source.

Neglify said:
Screen Media has acquired the rights to the film and plans on a theatrical release in March 2019. Source.

Thank God!

This one:
3167564810_ea41294e79.jpg

Terry Gilliam's passion project will debut in ~700 US theaters via Fathom Events for one night only on April 10th. Check their site to find a theater near you. I don't go to the theater any more but I'm gonna try to see this one, I'm super pumped to dose down for this adventure.

Shouty thread title has been de-shouted.

Neglify said:
Terry Gilliam's passion project will debut in ~700 US theaters via Fathom Events for one night only on April 10th. Check their site to find a theater near you. I don't go to the theater any more but I'm gonna try to see this one, I'm super pumped to dose down for this adventure.

Woot, playing in 3 theaters here! Going to grab tickets.

Back
Top Bottom