• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

The Making of Episode I - The Phantom Menace Documentary

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just finished uploading the entire docu-series to Youtube, as I've now finished the whole project. Also I don't think I mentioned I settled on "DUELING WITH FATE" as a final title.

Final runtime, is 4hr 58min (including the unused footage epilogue)

HzLnOHR.png

Last edited:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't know about you, but the link just brings me to the YouTube home page.

TM2YC

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching through this. I really enjoyed it, thanks. I think TPM is terrible but the story of it's making is always fascinating. I love Doug Chiang's contributions.

FYI: Part 13 and the unused bonus part are full of missing audio glitches. Clips have no audio, or just some lines and even minutes of silence at a time. Maybe it's just the youtube uploads that have gone wonky?

Also there are several places throughout the doc where the same footage and/or the same lines are repeated. Not sure if that's deliberate? e.g. George indicates on a concept sketch of the Queen that her waist should be slimmer on the costume silhouette. This bit gets shown twice.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad you had enjoyed it, and thanks for the tip on the audio mistakes, I'll take those down and reupload them.

I think I showed something like Nick Gillard falling down that slope twice, and something redundant about the battle droids shows up when talking about the Naboo battle. What else was repeated and when? I'd be happy to fix these errors before uploading onto G-Drive.

Doug Chiang really is the creative mastermind behind those first 2 prequels also. sad he didn't come back for EpIII

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks fantastic, Bobson! I was skeptical of the project, since I'd already watched all the DVD stuff, a couple docs, the Star Wars.com stuff and more. And yet, you STILL found sources I hadn't seen!

I haven't watched through the doc series yet, been wondering if you're planning to cut it into one file for a fanedit release on IFDB? Or possibly a two-part film or something? Or is the Youtube docu-series the final form you intended?

Muffy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This series is quality Bobson Dugnutt and thats coming from somone whos not a fan of Phantom Menace.
I noticed you've added a link for a HD upscaled footage version of part 7 only thats longer then the one in the Youtube playlist ?

Also sadly the sound is missing throughout the last unused footage episode šŸ˜•

Last edited:
Top Bottom