• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last TV Show/Episode You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

I'm currently going through season 2 of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated, and it's been a surprisingly good run so far. The last episode I've seen is The Night The Clown Cried Part 2 - Tears of Doom. Yes, this one's a 2-part episode. I was surprised to hear Mark Hamill's voice as the crybaby clown, and his performance gave me some satisfying Joker-esque vibes. Although I think part I is better (and frankly, I don't think Fred and Daphne make a good romantic pairing, especially after thinking over the events of Season 1), this is still a pretty good conclusion to the episode, and I'm curious to see what's next for the gang (and what Mr. E has in store for our heroes).

I put on the first episode of Krypton earlier. In the first few minutes, I got Star Trek vibes, and I wasn't entirely sure why. Then a time traveler was introduced, and I realized that this was just going to be Star Trek Enterprise again. I actually really like Enterprise, so I'm definitely intrigued.

I've been watching Marvel's Secret Invasion, and I can't wait to see it edited into a 2.5hr feature. It's a slog.

Edit: Just watched the finale and boy was it a stinker. Definitely need to see this series edited into a movie. What a dissapointment.

Last edited:
Haven't seen Secret Invasion. I wasn't gonna re-up Disney+ after hearing they used AI to make their shitty opening.

Heard it's shit lol That's what they get for their AI pandering-ass cesspool of a company.

Just finished Better Call Saul, it was good. You know, I was at the end of season 5 when my mom finally decided to watch Breaking Bad. She managed to watch all of BB and the first season of BCS within the time it took me to finish this show.
Unrelated but, my mom was hesitant to watch El Camino because the preview "looked like 8 Mile", and I just find that hilarious for some reason.

The English (2022)
Like its wonderfully-shot vistas of the American frontier, this series is bleak, expansive, harsh, and beautiful. Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer give knockout lead performances and are absolutely mesmerizing together.

The English (2022)
Like its wonderfully-shot vistas of the American frontier, this series is bleak, expansive, harsh, and beautiful. Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer give knockout lead performances and are absolutely mesmerizing together.
Yes, it is a very good mini series, with an excellent performance of both actors.

Well, in fact it must be the Spanish frontier, it was filmed in La Mancha near Toledo 😅

Episode 2 of the Animated episode of Doctor Who the Macra Terror. The Animation is pretty good. It's slow moving like all the old Who's, but overally, not bad.

Finally got myself caught up with The Owl House now that I have Disney+ again. Such a good show, can't believe it's over. The final season is fantastic, but I wish we could've gotten a proper season rather than a trilogy of mini movies, the timeskip at the beginning would've been nice to explore more.

Recently finished Succession. Great show but I’m not sure I could say I enjoyed watching it. It made me cringe almost constantly. I guess if you didn’t cringe while watching it doesn’t say good things about you. 🤣

The Idol -
well, it wasn't as bad as they say it is, but there are plenty of problems, if Depp was ok in the role, the problem is mainly The Weeknd himself - there should be someone really charismatic in such role, and here we have some bland dude, ineptly posing as some mysterious guru-type. His acting was terrible. The second problem is that there is not enough plot for 5 episodes and they drag a lot (especially the first two, but then it only gets a little better) - slim it down to 2 hours movie and it would make the watch much better.

5-6/10, something like that.

Painkiller
NETFLIX

Very much a complimentary/ Parallel telling of the OxyContin epidemic…covered in Dopesick (Michael Keaton).

Fills in the gaps … maybe not as good as Dopesick but more terrifying … and boasts some very challenging and impactful editing throughout; the editing heavily contributing to the depiction of this insane saga and its impact and effects…Worth watching both.

Painkiller
NETFLIX

Very much a complimentary/ Parallel telling of the OxyContin epidemic…covered in Dopesick (Michael Keaton).

Fills in the gaps … maybe not as good as Dopesick but more terrifying … and boasts some very challenging and impactful editing throughout; the editing heavily contributing to the depiction of this insane saga and its impact and effects…Worth watching both.
Liked that one very much. Great performances thruout.

One Piece (2023) - All Season 1​

I am a new fan of One Piece anime (started year ago) and I had only seen a few of the episodes when I heard that Netflix was releasing a live action of One Piece. I was actorly surprised how well show was done and actorly cant wait see next season.

The Haunting of Hill House (2018) has gone up in my estimation every time I rewatch it and Bent-Neck Lady is one of the best episodes of TV I’ve seen. Creepy, unsettling, tragic, heart-wrenching, beautifully shot with some excellent main performances, it’s easily one of my favorite series.

One Piece (2023) Season 1
I tried getting into the anime before checking out the Netflix live action adaptation, but I just didn’t feel emotionally invested at all. The first season of the Netflix series has all the fun, zany energy of the anime with some enthusiastic lead performances that also show enough emotional depth to keep it (relatively) grounded. Looking forward to next season!

I watched all of Mike Flanagan's horror miniseries on Netflix in the run up to Halloween, and they're all pretty good. Solid mysteries and good spooks.

Haunting of Hill House:
Definitely the best. Great mystery, story, characters, acting etc. etc. The only problems I had with it were the constant Vine Booms (which are in all four series), and the fact that they uust tell you everything at the end. Personally I'd prefer it if they just put the clues in and let you figure it out yourself, but that's a matter of taste

Haunting of Bly Manor:
Excellent setup and another great mystery, but it drags a little and the pay off is a bit limp. Still hood though.

Midnight Mass:
Same strengths as the others, but ưould have been better as a movie imo. Didn't need so much detail.

Fall of the House of Usher:
I thought this would be my favourite, but it stumbles a little at the end. A lot of ideas felt half baked to me. It also has all of the excesses that I've come to expect from Netflix originals these days. No subtlety at all. Less would be more.

Also, this Flannigan guy definitely has a thing for lesbians.
And a thing against cats.

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off
I binged the whole thing just now. It's so good. Not at all what I expected, probably not what anyone expected. I don't want to spoil anything, so there isn't much I can say about it at all, I'll just say that I loved it and I loved seeing all the side characters get more attention.
Gosh binging shows sucks, I just want more.

MONARCH: Legacy of Monsters
continues to be everything I've always wanted.

Fargo S5
continues the series high level of quality.

Back
Top Bottom