• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last TV Show/Episode You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thought I'd make a companion thread of the quick movie reviews, but for TV shows. Here goes.

Night Sky (2022)
Another show that felt like it was going to possibly do something, but ultimately pads the time with extra characters and storylines that don't really have a payoff unless this show continues. It isn't bad, but it's ultimately lacking due to its painfully slow movement. This could possibly make an interesting edit in the future if it turns out to be something of interest. Simmons is Simmons, albeit a bit mellower. I'm not too familiar with Spacek's body of work, but she plays her part well. It felt like one of the B rate one off movies that was trying to be a big budget movie knock off. 5.5/10

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Burn notice (2007-2014)
This is a great show that is very smartly written and has a great story. Every episode contributes something to the overall plot, and the character's are great. Oh, and Bruce Campbell plays one of the main characters and even get's a whole TV movie to himself, do you need anymore convincing to watch this show?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm on the last episode of season 2 of Titans. I'm really loving this show, which is surprising after l've only heard bad things about it.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Willow (2022)
I tried to watch this.....so bad. It felt like I was watching a pre teen interpretation of The Wheel of Time show with Sorcha and Willow. Hard pass on this one for me.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jack Ryan Season 3 (2022)
The base story was decent enough though it felt very familiar with elements from other Jack Ryan outings. Krasinski is a decent enough Ryan, but I wouldn't say that this series is any better than the attempted reboot movie that has Chris Pine. There's a decent movie hidden in the bloated run time of this show, just like the first two seasons. This show has always felt somewhere between a high quality streaming show and a primetime show. Good, but not great.

Vincenzo Peruggia

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Barry Season 1-3
I started Barry a while back and somehow lost track of it after a few Episodes. But i restarted it a 2 Weeks ago again and Binged all 3 Seasons.
It is a brilliant show. The main premise was so absurd, i mean Bil Hade playing a ruthless Killer, but the way he acts, the supporting cast and the Storylines - that all is so much fun. Even though i have to say, the Female Storyline of his "Girlfriend" is a bit big in parts of Season 3 and i did not care for that so much.
But after all: a very good watch!

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw episode 3 of andor. The diego Lina Star Wars show - it’s pretty good. But I don’t understand one thing - how did the empire know to look for him ? Lol I missed something in think. But overall pretty good

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HUNTERS seasons one and two on Amazon Prime.

1970s alternate history comic booky action thriller about hunting Nazis -- FANTASTIC SERIES!!!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple years ago I binged Nathan For You. Today I decided to throw it on again whilst cleaning. Without realizing it, I'm already on season 3. It's a great time, and I find myself laughing out loud more than I have in a while (as far as watching stuff by myself).

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Outer Range
This was reminiscent of Night Sky and Rings of Power in that it took FOR EVER to tell its story (seems to be the Amazon prime studeos show method). It also struggled with tone. The reveal moments for the two characters surrounded with ambiguity was a bit of a let down. For one it was great, but the other felt far too telegraphed. The extreme shift in tone, going from odd western syfy to full on avantgarde twilight zone was a bit much. Eccentricism enters the last few episodes at almost a psychotic level. Characters go from being odd but serious to full blown disturbed and psychotic. Lewis Pullman is the spitting image of his dad and probably the best character in the show. Everyone is a bit overly moody or eccentric though, but that's what this show was going for. 8 hours of ambiguity only to end abruptly mid scene.....I'll probably watch season two to see what that next scene is...

Vincenzo Peruggia

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I Just finished Lockwood&Co in Netflix.
I have a deep liking for Joe Cornish. Back fron the days when he did Radio. The Adam and Joe Show was the first Show i listened too everytime. Great Fun.
I live Attack the Block (Sequel in the making) and liked The Kid that will be King.
Here now its based in a Book Series. 5 books of Tennage Ghosthunters. The Story is told in an alternative world in which the Digital Revolution never happened. So all is a bit 80ish.
50 Years ago something happened and since than Ghosts are real and deadly as one touch of a Ghost will kill you.
Adults can Not see them but only younglings and Teens have the ability to see and fight them.

So Teens are grouped in Ghost hunting agencies, paired with an adult, killing Ghosts for a living.
Lockwood and Co are Special
No adult but 3 Teens.
All with powers and Secrets.

Good Show, 8 episodes, good fun.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple years ago I binged Nathan For You. Today I decided to throw it on again whilst cleaning. Without realizing it, I'm already on season 3. It's a great time, and I find myself laughing out loud more than I have in a while (as far as watching stuff by myself).
And with that, I just finished the finale. It's so wild to have a show like this end with a feature-length adventure, but it works and I love it. On paper, saying that a comedy reality show has one of my favorite endings on TV with an emotional and fulfilling story, it sounds crazy. I wish I could find another show like this, I don't know what to put on while I'm cleaning now.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I put on the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!, it was hilarious. I don't think I have the patience to watch through it though, maybe if I'd grown up with it. I love the card game, and the video game versions of the card game, I'm somewhat interested in getting into the source material but it's just so childish. Which makes sense, it's made for children.
There was a YGO movie in 2016 that's over 2 hours long, and any animated film over 2 hours has my attention. I might jump into that and see how lost I get.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I put on the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh!, it was hilarious. I don't think I have the patience to watch through it though, maybe if I'd grown up with it. I love the card game, and the video game versions of the card game, I'm somewhat interested in getting into the source material but it's just so childish. Which makes sense, it's made for children.
There was a YGO movie in 2016 that's over 2 hours long, and any animated film over 2 hours has my attention. I might jump into that and see how lost I get.
I'm now 21 episodes deep and I'm in for the long run. It's such an easy show to watch in the background, so little happens in each episode that you don't miss anything by looking away. And the whole time, the english dub is hilarious to listen to. Joey really steals the show, the Brooklyn accent is so out of place and I love it.

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andor episode 9 - so the show has a little bit of bloat. And I’m not done with the series yet … But I’d say that andor is the best Star Wars anything since empire strikes back!!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally finished Mad Men. The finale had me in tears at a couple points. Such a great show all the way through. I'm afraid I won't be able to find a new show to watch that captures spirit.

One episode in the last season name drops Tatsunoko, and that just made me happy.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Diplomat. My wife and I really enjoyed this show. I’m half ti see it for a s2. I like that it trusts the audience to follow some plot lines that are more complex than you usually see in these types of shows. It’s still obviously a mainstream tv show so it’s, well, mainstream. But it’s more grown up than your average fare.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poker Face
A show on Peacock
Natasha Lyonne is one of those actresses that just feels like a real person when she performs, when I see she's attached I get excited, and I haven't been disappointed so far.

The structure of the show is not really focused on her despite her being the main character, or at least the only recurring character. It allows each episode to feel like its own movie with its own cast and setting. At times it feels serious and at others it's almost storybook campy. The retirement home episode is probably my recommendation even if you don't watch the pilot. That one went hard. I have 3 episodes left in season one, high hopes for season two. Lots of unexpected twists and just good writing.

It also reminds me I need to watch season two of Russian Doll on Netflix sometime.

Top Bottom