• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE HOBBIT: THE LEGENDARY EDIT (and Lord of the Rings Prequel)

Less postING, more postERS @ArtisDead

tumblr_odjsmif1Eu1tq4of6o1_1280.gif
Okay. Im sorry. 😔

What exactly are the differences between this and your two part tolkien edits, if you dont mind me asking?

What exactly are the differences between this and your two part tolkien edits, if you dont mind me asking?
Here is the SHORT version
  • About 80 mins have been removed for starters....rt now 3hrs 45mins.(Two Parter was 5 hours in total)
  • There are over 100 more micro edits as well.
  • A new opening with NEW narration
  • Most remnants of silliness are gone.
  • There is NO OLD BILBO in this edit
  • NO FRODO
  • NO DOL GULDOR
  • The tone is darker throughout.
  • It is still an LOTR PREQUEL but is structured to lead into a two part LOTR edits to come....thus creating a self contained trilogy.
Full details in the listing CHAGES list....but it contains spoilers.

Please DM if you are looking for a tonefully serious version and prequel to LOTR...

If you LOVED the hijinks and the purile comedy and padding, this is NOT the edit to view.

Last edited:
For those that have patiently be awaiting the files, they are ready.
V19 is what you are looking for.
Thank you for your patience...
Welp Ive finally got my grubby fingers on this edit, but I havent watched it in full yet. Ive watched segments. Really really good stuff, with a few minor critiques.

Do you want to hear my pros and cons now? Or would you prefer that I reserve them until after Ive set aside 3 and a half hours and watched the movie in full? This is seperate from my full review I plan on doing after watching in totality

Welp Ive finally got my grubby fingers on this edit, but I havent watched it in full yet. Ive watched segments. Really really good stuff, with a few minor critiques.

Do you want to hear my pros and cons now? Or would you prefer that I reserve them until after Ive set aside 3 and a half hours and watched the movie in full? This is seperate from my full review I plan on doing after watching in totality
DM me...thanks for the imput

Although completed, the following tweaks have been made and are final for v2 (actually v22) which will be up tomorrow.
From @chipbayless
  • a few grading adjustments…
  • New ending shot to better foreshadow LOTR Legendary Edits parts 1 & 2
  • A flash frame
From @spicediver
  • 0'29'34 - forest long shot - vertical pan (from theatrical version) is too fast for the rhythm of this scene
  • 0'56'11 - a cross-fade into the dark cliffs works better here than a hard cut (which is in the original) .
  • 3.34.55 - stray frame
From user @ParanoidAndroid
  • 2:01:08 Audio glitch
  • 2:42:11 Rumbling cuts rather abruptly
  • 3:19:47 Audio glitch
  • 3:41:58 Audio glitch
Apologies to all for the inconvenience. The revised version will be in the same location for ease.
Your forbearance is appreciated.
W

Last edited:
Having checked the previous version , all but two of these glitches are NEW. For some unknow reaso, the fade in on random audio files had been removed, leading to an abrupt audio start. This is truy crazy.

Should be fixed by tomorrow.

Having checked the previous version , all but two of these glitches are NEW. For some unknow reaso, the fade in on random audio files had been removed, leading to an abrupt audio start. This is truy crazy.

Should be fixed by tomorrow.
Thats rough. Old video editing software issue maybe? I would have to imagine this video file probably has upwards of a few hundred changes and transitions to it. Maybe the software is just overloaded.

Thats rough. Old video editing software issue maybe? I would have to imagine this video file probably has upwards of a few hundred changes and transitions to it. Maybe the software is just overloaded.
There are over 2000 transitions and cuts and more...

I traced the issue to an asset that was renamed with another assets name...bith being the same asset BUT a slighly better bit rate for the replacement.

When that happens, the NLE re-sets the audio volume for the asset to flat. Something in the software recognises it as NEW, even thogh it has the same name and length.

So much for improving fidelity...

There are over 2000 transitions and cuts and more...

I traced the issue to an asset that was renamed with another assets name...bith being the same asset BUT a slighly better bit rate for the replacement.

When that happens, the NLE re-sets the audio volume for the asset to flat. Something in the software recognises it as NEW, even thogh it has the same name and length.

So much for improving fidelity...
Holy moley, 2000 transitions and cuts?

At this stage, if I were you, I would just import the newest edit entirely and then work on editing that.
It would likely have a slight dip in video quality due to extra compression, but it would probably be worth it. It should mean that rendering again would take a few hours at most.
Your computer must be overloaded.

At this stage, if I were you, I would just import the newest edit entirely and then work on editing that.
It would likely have a slight dip in video quality due to extra compression, but it would probably be worth it. It should mean that rendering again would take a few hours at most.
Happy to let it render away...I got a big RIG...It polishing this off in about 3 hours now, since it has a smart render function. ONce I change the file name, it then takes 7 hous...so I rename the old render, and give the one the same name...Then when it is done , I rename that, and the SMART RENDER temp file, remains and thinks it is the previous version.

I wont compromise on the quality BUT, I have sometimes pre-rendered complex section which can slow things down to speed things up...

Fully renderd in 150 mins...

Told you its a big rig...and I had a conversion at the same time, was also ripping a 4k disc AND burnt 2 Bds as well...all at the same time...

(THE LIGHTS DO DIM IN THE STREET, MIND YOU)

BTW I own yet have never seen the extended Hobbit films. Does the Legendary Edit use any scenes from the extended editions?

BTW I own yet have never seen the extended Hobbit films. Does the Legendary Edit use any scenes from the extended editions?
YUP...quite a bit...Especially at the end...Alternate renders of attacks, Bain and more troops, more arrows, the chariots...and quite a few bits in the body of the edit..

Back
Top Bottom