• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

THE HOBBIT: THE LEGENDARY EDIT (and Lord of the Rings Prequel)

Wraith, Love the goal of creating a more authentic prequel to LOTR. I have watched the Battle of Five Edits. Which I thought had much better pacing and continuity of tone to the original movies. So I am intrigued with your streamlined edit. And I dont give two cents if there's a 1000 hobbit edits. Cause every worthwhile work of art takes endless reworking to perfect. by ref, it takes a 500-1000 drawings and sketches to produce a single worthwhile finished portrait. just saying

Last edited:
The review by @GarStazi noted some issues.

These have all been addressed bar one...The ELVES JUMP>

Without it ( much as many may dislike it) there is no clear way to indicate that the elves have joined the fray. Without it, the eleves start fighting without a command and it appear odd.

The new version will be in the same location for all those that already have the access credentials should they wish to obtain it.
It is designated HBBT 25 L

Thank you @GarStazi for flaggin these with pinpoint timestamps.
Greatly appreciated.

These have all been addressed bar one...The ELVES JUMP>

Without it ( much as many may dislike it) there is no clear way to indicate that the elves have joined the fray. Without it, the eleves start fighting without a command and it appear odd.
I understand the trouble with removing it... The shot of the elves jumping lasts only a few seconds, but I can never watch it without fixating on it for the rest of the battle. It’s just such an inanely ridiculous move. If Thranduil was the one who ordered that, he’s much crazier than Dain, that’s for sure.
I’ll rewatch the new version. Still, that was fast work!

Is there a new version in the work? I have seen some improvement suggestions which the creator intends to fix

Anyone who already has the details on obtaining the edit can use the same information to obtain the update which corrects the three or four minor glitches that was hotted in a recent review.

The version is labelled, HBBT V25.

I would note that they have not been 25 sets of revisions to this, that is my own internal nomenclature.

All credentials for obtaining this remain unchanged.

Just took a look at your change list and I would be very keen to give this a look. Sounds like you've addressed my main concerns. It was always a project I wanted to tackle but I also genuinely disliked the originals soo much that I couldn't bring myself to sit and watch and rewatch that content over and over. So thank you for your work on this 🫡

Just took a look at your change list and I would be very keen to give this a look. Sounds like you've addressed my main concerns. It was always a project I wanted to tackle but I also genuinely disliked the originals soo much that I couldn't bring myself to sit and watch and rewatch that content over and over. So thank you for your work on this 🫡
That’s why it took me more than 7 years…. It’s torture.

It sat complete for several years and when I rewatched my own edit, I made nearly 200 more excisions…/

Spy’s have confessed over less!

A Clockwork Orange Eyes GIF

Live footage of @Wraith getting ready for their next round of Hobbit revisions

Having seen eldusto84's Maple Films Edit, Stromboli Bones' The Battle of the Five Edits & M4's Book Edit, I would love to see your Legendary Edit.

Having seen eldusto84's Maple Films Edit, Stromboli Bones' The Battle of the Five Edits & M4's Book Edit, I would love to see your Legendary Edit.
Please do message me directly.

Back
Top Bottom