• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Crow: city of angels - Second coming v3.0 (Completed!)

yeah, i'm a big fan of the <2GB xvid+ac3 movies

i don't need them seperated to disc because i use DVD-RW media usually

I agree, there's not really a need to split anymore.
DVD blanks are nearly same price as CD blanks these days.

Update: I discovered 4 more cut footage shots ( :) ) and re-created 1 special effect, so I had to go back and insert these into the movie. (For those reading the spoiler list, these are #'s 8,9, 18, 19 & 20). I had previously burned the movie to disc and I think it turned out nicely. I'll burn again soon, which should be the final copy.

Oh, and no worries about the xvid, guys. I'll always use 5.1 audio when it's available to me. I hate using a lesser sound channel format if I don't have to.

GAD: lol, can't say i blame you for doing that. The theatrical version is a freakin' mess!

I discovered 4 more cut footage shots

Don't you hate when they just roll under the sofa like that?

No really, what is the source of your additional footage?

lol, sure do. Coulda saved me some trouble if I had the shots earlier. For my sources, it's been a mixed bag, with pieces scattered around just about everywhere. Some comes from trailers & music videos. Other footage has came from a chinese VCD set and a way out of print CD-rom (and i'm probably forgetting a few others). The good thing about the footage (or most of it) is full frame open-matte, so i was able to make it anamorphic widescreen without losing any intended image.

moved to firstlings.

I just loved the crow, and I hated this movie when i saw it at the theater...so this cut maybe give it some justice...
nice work...
Ill get back when ive watched it...

Thanks for giving my edit a chance, Realbmansweden! I hope you find something to enjoy in it. Looking forward to your thoughts on it. :)

Ever since 1996, I have been deeply disappointed by The Crow: COA. It was always apparent to me that the director Tim Pope would've made a better version, after I read about the Miramax/Dimension butchering of the film. I always wanted a better version of The Crow: COA, and I'd say, I finally have it!

Video Quality:
The video seemed to be on par with the Collector's Edition DVD, and when there was missing footage or images, it didn't bother me. The recreated effects looked nice, and there was little to no artifacting.
5 out of 5

Audio Quality:
Pretty much like the Collector's Edition DVD, even though the CD-ROM sourced audio was of lesser quality.
3.5 out of 5

Storytelling:
This is the version we should have seen in '96! The new scenes fit in perfectly without all the stuff added in to make it seem more like the '94 classic, with the film gaining an identity it never had previously. The performances by Vincent Perez and Mia Kirshner seem so much better now, while Iggy Pop is still as annoying as ever. I gave the theatrical cut a 2 out of 5, and I believe this edit deserves a 4.5 out of 5. Finally, I don't have to throw a coke at my 26'' HDTV anymore.

Overall, I give this edit a solid:
4 OUT OF 5

I think this edit can be approved now. Boon, what do you think?

oh yes!!!
this edit is hereby APPROVED!
18596830yi7.png

Grumble. First I have no internet for half a week, and now my computer with this edit lost a monitor.
There is a conspiracy to keep me from watching this edit... sounds great.

Boon, was your emphatic approval stem from you having seen this as well?

DoctorM said:
Boon, was your emphatic approval stem from you having seen this as well?
nope. The approval is based on GAD's review. I want to watch this fanedit too though but did not yet get around to doing it.

I decided to move this to TRUE FANEDITS, because of all the changes made.

Thanks Boon. I was not sure which category this edit would fall into, myself. It's really great to see my first edit here up on the main page of the site! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom