• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

The 50,000 Movie Challenge

FC, I have some time today. What movies was I supposed to help you with? And you had some other list recently, right?

Neglify said:
FC, I have some time today. What movies was I supposed to help you with? And you had some other list recently, right?

You said you had the following movies:

- Baby's Day Out
- Broadway Danny Rose
- Bullets Over Broadway
- Firm, The
- Fish Called Wanda, A
- Honeymoon In Vegas
- L.A. Story
- Manhattan
- Mars Attack!
- Monty Python's Life Of Brian
- Ping!
- Radio Days
- Sleeper
- Small Time Crooks
- Take The Money And Run
- Thirteen
- Trick Or Treat
- U-571
- What's Up, Tiger Lily?

I have added quite a few titles to my list since I sent it to you. I don't remember which ones I added after though because I mixed them in with the rest of the list. Throw was able to help me with some titles, none of which were ones you said you had though. I started adding more titles either yesterday or the day before, and I haven't sent Throw that list yet either. The ones from that list are as follows:

- Back In Action
- Backtrack (1990)(aka Catchfire)
- Baadasssss!
- Badlands
- Barbarella
- Batman (1989)
- Batman Returns
- Beethoven
- Beethoven's 2nd
- Better Of Dead
- Big Red One, The
- Big Shots (1987)
- Big Top Pee-Wee
- Black Belt Jones
- Bob Roberts
- Bottle Shock
- Caddyshack II
- Cannibal Women In The Avacado Jungle Of Death
- Carnival Of Souls
- Charly
- Death Tunnel
- D.E.B.S.
- Eight Men Out
- Electra (Shannon Tweed)
- Empire
- Grifters, The
- Hoosiers
- Little Man Tate
- Logan's Run
- Lost In Translation
- Mafia!
- Man who Knew Too Little, The
- Married To The Mob
- Max
- Meatballs
- Meatballs III: Summer Job
- Meatballs 4
- Nell
- Night Eyes 3
- Passenger 57
- Say Anything...
- Scarecrow
- Scary Movie
- Scary Movie 3
- Scorned
- Serving Sara
- Soapdish
- Swimming Pool
- Swingers
- Trekkies
- Tom Jones
- Weight Of Water, The
- What About Bob?

Shit now I remember why I was like "Well, I'll never get around to doing this, will I?"

I'll try my best.

Ok, let's get the Woody Allen ones out of the way:

Broadway Danny Rose - 26911
Bullets Over Broadway - 33256
Manhattan - 25643
Radio Days - 28337
Sleeper - 23809
Small Time Crooks - 37284
Take The Money And Run - Nothing listed
What's Up Tiger Lily - Nothing listed

Mars Attacks!: 35003
Logans Run: 24365
Passenger 57: 32033

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

Neg, is it possible that the MPAA # for "Take The Money And Run" and "What's Up, Tiger Lily?" are listed during the opening credits?

I checked opening credits, nothing. (Opening credits is where Sleeper's number is listed.) They were his first 2 movies, very low budget independent movies, so it's highly possible they didn't go through MPAA.

Going to do a couple others in a minute...

Life Of Brian - Nothing listed. (I have the 2-disc "Immaculate Edition" from Sony released in 2007.)
Dazed and Confused - 32381
Baby's Day Out - 33010
L.A. Story - 30630

Neglify said:
Life Of Brian - Nothing listed. (I have the 2-disc "Immaculate Edition" from Sony released in 2007.)

yeah, not on the Criterion either. I am guessing that an MPAA number doesn't exist on any print.

FC, here's a new challenge.

Track down every Life Of Brian DVD, VHS, Laserdisc, etc. release and check them.

Thanks for those new numbers Neg!

Neglify said:
FC, here's a new challenge.

Track down every Life Of Brian DVD, VHS, Laserdisc, etc. release and check them.

It's funny you say this because I reserved a copy from the library the other day and I'm going to pick it up a little later. According to their catalog it was released in 2003. Don't know which edition that one is, but I doubt there's going to be a number if two other editions didn't have a number included.

Here's the last batch from me today.

Baadasssss! - Nothing listed.
Badlands - 23774
Barbarella - Very hard to read, but I think it says 24677
Batman (1989) - 29761
Batman Returns - 31845
Better Off Dead - 27707
The Firm - 32262
A Fish Called Wanda - 29002
Ping! - 37086

Also, I guess I don't own these movies, I thought I did but nope:

Honeymoon in Vegas
Thirteen
Trick Or Treat
U-571

Thanks Neg! Too bad about those other movies, especially Trick Or Treat, but I'm sure I'll be able to find the numbers somehow. After all, all four movies are out on DVD. Trick Or Treat is long OOP, and in fullscreen, but at least it's out there.

I just got back from the library and wouldn't you know it, I completely forgot to pick up "The Life Of Brian". :lol: Oh well, maybe I'll grab it next time. Or maybe I'll just let me request expire since two copies have been checked and neither one contained an MPAA #. I did pick up "Crumb", "Lars And The Real Girl", which were on my list, and "The Last Emperor", which I had forgotten to include. I also picked up "Pieces Of April", The Life Of Emile Zola", "Days Of Heaven", and "The Passenger", none of which I've seen yet.

The Twonky (1953) - #15776

This movie is hilarious! Originally intended as a horror movie, at least from what I can tell, but watched in this day and age you can't help but laugh your ass off at it. It's about a woman who is going out of town so she buys a tv for her husband to entertain him, only thing is it's not a regular tv. The tv can walk, light cigarettes/pipes, put the dishes away, vacuum, attack people, use the phone and even dance. You have to see it to believe it. :lol:

It's up on YouTube, but it's only 69.5 minutes. The TCM cut, which is the one I'm watching is 73 minutes, but apparently the full length is supposed to be 84 minutes. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

I just stumbled across one of my favorite gifs and immediately thought of this thread.

b3c6a5c6-c00a-4de0-8860-173de92e1f1c.gif

Added another 53 titles to my "seen" list and am now sitting at 1103 titles seen. I did come across a little something weird though. The first two "Wrong Turn" movies didn't contain a number, despite the first film being theatrically released and the back cover art listing the MPAA logo along with the R rating and reasons why it was given an R. The third, fourth, and fifth films all contained an MPAA number, but the third film's number is really odd. The film was released in 2009 so the number should be in the 45,000's, but instead the number is 3475-D. I don't know what to make of that. And yes, the number is very clear and easy to see so I didn't make a mistake. Because of this oddity I didn't count in my total, but I am keeping note of it.

Little slow today, only added 35 titles to my "seen" list. Currently sitting at 1138. Might have been more but there's about a handful I'm not sure if I saw or not. Pretty sure I did but can't be sure without checking my lists.

Back
Top Bottom