• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator Genesis - now "Genisys"

I'm avoiding the spoiler in the trailer, but I'm wondering: What if the twist doesn't come at the end of the film, like everyone is assuming? What if this reveal happens a half-hour into the film, and then the story continues to turn from there? Maybe not, but it seems like an interesting way to do it.

TomH1138 said:
What if the twist doesn't come at the end of the film, like everyone is assuming?
No one is assuming that. The spoiler in question will undoubtedly come at the half-way point at the absolute latest.

Uncanny Antman said:
No one is assuming that. The spoiler in question will undoubtedly come at the half-way point at the absolute latest.
Just like T2. ;)

Uncanny Antman said:

Well, since everyone is saying that the reveal has ruined the movie...

TomH1138 said:
Well, since everyone is saying that the reveal has ruined the movie...
It's rather contextual. Basically if you know the twist you can guess the rest of the film. Without being specific enough to give it away, I can say after it's introduced it will undoubtedly take up the majority of the runtime.

OK, fair enough. Sorry, I probably shouldn't have said anything without having watched the trailer.

Mark Moore said:
What spoiler was there in T2?
This:
Moe_Syzlak said:
To be fair, the marketing for T2 ruined the same sort of twist. That film was clearly made with the idea that the audience would think Arnold was the bad guy again. It wasn't until he dropped the box of roses that it was to be revealed. The marketing for the film gave away that Arnold was the good guy this time around, however. The movie was still good so no one much cared.

Every time I watch T2 I'm reminded that we were jipped out of that twist/reveal.

Mark Moore said:
What spoiler was there in T2?

It was originally meant to be a surprise that Arnold's T-800 was the hero. Watch that early stretch of the movie again. There's nothing to suggest that the T-1000 isn't just a Reese style Tech Com operative who knocked out the cop and stole his uniform. It isn't until "get down" that it becomes clear that the roles are reversed. Every piece of marketing made it abundantly clear who was how. "This time, he's back. For good."

matrixgrindhouse said:
It was originally meant to be a surprise that Arnold's T-800 was the hero. Watch that early stretch of the movie again. There's nothing to suggest that the T-1000 isn't just a Reese style Tech Com operative who knocked out the cop and stole his uniform. It isn't until "get down" that it becomes clear that the roles are reversed. Every piece of marketing made it abundantly clear who was how. "This time, he's back. For good."

except for Bad to the Bone, which was a pretty strong suggestion that he wasn't evil. It was too playful.

Ah, okay. I didn't see the films until way after I knew he was bad in 1 and good in 2, so there was never any twist that was spoiled for me.

ThrowgnCpr said:
except for Bad to the Bone, which was a pretty strong suggestion that he wasn't evil. It was too playful.
I don't know. While it is more playful, I'm not sure it isn't that you think of it as a clue he wasn't evil only in retrospect. I mean, despite the tone of the scene, he still very much ACTS bad and the song is BAD to the Bone.

On a related note, though I know I'm probably in the minority, those playful scenes are my least favorite part of T2. I would love a fan edit that excises all or most of that stuff to put it more in line tonally with the original.

Moe_Syzlak said:
On a related note, though I know I'm probably in the minority, those playful scenes are my least favorite part of T2. I would love a fan edit that excises all or most of that stuff to put it more in line tonally with the original.

There was a bit of playfulness in the original: the exchange between the hotel guy and the Terminator, the banter between the cops, Sarah and Ginger getting ready, Sarah's sucky day at work, etc.

Oh I don't mean it has to be totally bleak and serious. But to me the first one was closer in tone to the first Alien movie. The second one got a little too cute for me.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Oh I don't mean it has to be totally bleak and serious. But to me the first one was closer in tone to the first Alien movie. The second one got a little too cute for me.

and the third......? lol!

ThrowgnCpr said:
I don't know what you mean. When I watch T2 these days, there's no Bad to the Bone in it at all.

TV's Frink said:
I don't know what you mean. When I watch T2 these days, there's no Bad to the Bone in it at all.

hobbit-drinking.gif

Well, here's some serious encouragement. Jim Cameron called it the real T3. Interesting. Warning: the video contains the same giant spoiler from the last trailer.

He's totally impartial. He only attended several production meetings and owns the intellectual property the movie is based on. But yeah that video made me consider, if only for a second, that 'Jeinysiz' wouldn't suck.

Back
Top Bottom