• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator Genesis - now "Genisys"

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Terminator Genesis.
(or how my interest for this project dropped big time)

New "reboot" trilogy of the original idea?
Terminator 5, 6 and 7 in disguise?
Prequels sort of?
Sidequels sort of?
Original cast not present but Arnold being back?
Will the other movies be considered as part of the story?
Will the other movies be considered as an alternate timeline (Star Trek style)?
What the fuck with this shitty casting of Jai Courtney as Reese?

The only positive thing coming out of this mess of a project is having Emilia Clarke (GAME OF THRONES) as Sarah Connor. But even with her... Why can't they just make a sequel to T4 with Anton Yelchin as Reese? (was nice casting, IMO). Keep it focused on him until he goes back in 1984. End of franchise.

I even wasn't as angry about T4 as most people, but it looks like they loose me on the very concept of this new project. Or at least I'd like more explanations. Cause right now it sounds incoherent to me. And worse, not very exciting.

I don't know, a Phil Collins cyborg sounds pretty sweet to me.

T4 -> Christian Bale -> American Psycho -> Sussudio -> Phil Collins

Salvation was so utterly terrible. I love me some Terminator, but I've pretty much given up on the franchise.

I thought T4 was disappointing, but ultimately was a good set up for some potentially great sequels. Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, they won't be going forward with those.

I'd say the next best thing would be to do a complete reboot. Th Terminator franchise has opportunity for some awesome stories, but connecting them to the pretty jumbled continuity would be a mistake.

So as to this movie I don't know how I feel. It almost looks like a reboot, but then Arnie's attached, and god knows how he'll fit in. Emilia Clarke is a solid choice for Sarah, so that should be good. Even better is the casting of Jason Clarke for John Connor, which is inspired. I just hope they give him good screentime. Jai Courtney, I don't know, I haven't seen him in anything. Though he's definitely a far cry physically from Michael Beihn and Anton Yelchin (who I thought was excellent).

We'll see how it goes, I guess. Right now this movie is a big question mark for me. Though having Alan Taylor as director is a good start.

DominicCobb said:
but then Arnie's attached, and god knows how he'll fit in.

Maybe it will just be his head in a jar, where he can crack jokes like "talk to the hand."

terminator-head_1881570i.jpg

Judging by the ages of their Sarah and John, it seems clear that Clarke-Sarah will be about the age Hamilton was in T1... so yeah, it sounds as though they're wiping T2 and beyond. Which I'm sure movie fans worldwide will be totally okay with.

The Courtney casting certainly has disaster written all over it. Dude looks more like Worthington than he does Biehn. After all, they're both Aussies.

In conclusion, I give no shits whatsoever. :p

No hope for this film tbh. The last thing the series needs is to go back to Sarah Connor with a bunch of recasting.

Personally, it think it would be better (and far easier) to re-release T1 and T2 in theaters as a double feature - but with the alternate ending tacked on to T2 where Judgment Day is prevented. You know a lot of people would go to see it.

Mark Moore said:
Personally, it think it would be better (and far easier) to re-release T1 and T2 in theaters as a double feature - but with the alternate ending tacked on to T2 where Judgment Day is prevented. You know a lot of people would go to see it.

the happy ending with old Sarah sitting in the park?

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

Far easier but less potential money.

Side note:
Just made this picture cause I always wondered if this shot from Avatar was wink to Terminator 2?
(even the music is a bit echoing the Terminator "Bam! Bam!" theme. Anyway, just wanted to say...)

As long as Arnold has the definition he had back in the '90s I don't mind if he looks aged. Surely they will be able to digitally rejuvenate him to some extent.

I read that he'll also be playing the younger T800, with digital assistance presumably. Hopefully it's a little more convincing than the last time they tried that...

That Sargent candy deleted scene is totally ridiculous, yet hilarious!

It had no business being in the movie, but I'm glad they made it available.

Also - aging body or not, I am going to be happy with however Arnold looks.

He's 66 years old for F-'s sake, He was Mr. Olympia seven times!! Six of those wins were consecutive!

Give the guy a break!!

njvc said:
I read that he'll also be playing the younger T800, with digital assistance presumably. Hopefully it's a little more convincing than the last time they tried that...
I just watched a Youtube clip of their attempt in Salvation and it looks very good to me. It's probably more noticeable on Blu-Ray in clear definition, but they did remarkable work.

the de-ageing effect that we've seen in X3 and Tron Legacy in my opinion hasn't worked. in Tron Clu just looked like a character from a computer game and was to distracting so i really hope that if they go this route that it's so amazing and life like

Back
Top Bottom