• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 2 (Dehanced Edition)

This is a super interesting idea. I have a lot of nostalgia for T2's 90s action vibe, but I can admit that the first film had a lot more mood in it. I'm excited to see how much of that T2 really has in it.

I watched this yesterday. Can't believe how much of a different experience it was of a film that I know so well. Perfect example of what a fanedit can do. Not a replacement but a worthy alternative.

maven48 thank you for checking it out. For me it’s “better” because I strongly prefer T1. But I’m glad it still might still be enjoyable for those who prefer T2, should you fall into that category. I mean I even removed the big rig careening off the overpass, probably Cameron’s favorite stunt in the film— potential sacrilege.

The edit is ready. New cover art posted.
So I watched it and I have to say… it was a damn good edit… not only it felt like it was following the style and feel of T1 but it give me like a 80s horror movie vibes with how the quality and color gradient was and the music choices fit what the 80s music was like and I really enjoyed it…. If you are up to the challenge I would love to see what you with the other Terminator movies utilizing this same style/feel of editing you did

Omg maybe I’ll give others tips on the techniques
No lie if I watched this edit before I ever watched T2 I would’ve thought it was made a year or 2 after T1 was made cuz like I said before… it honestly felt like a 80s style movie…. Keep up the great work

No lie if I watched this edit before I ever watched T2 I would’ve thought it was made a year or 2 after T1 was made cuz like I said before… it honestly felt like a 80s style movie…. Keep up the great work
I started a thread to give an overview of the tools and techniques used:

I started a thread to give an overview of the tools and techniques used:

👍

This reminds me of an edit idea I had a long time now where I was gonna make the entire soundtrack replaced with T1 sound effects (and many other 80s action movie sound effects) and synthwave music thats inspired by Fiedel's score from the 1st film. Not sure how far a long in the edit you are, but if you're interested, I have an entire list of songs I intended to use for the entire movie. Also, VERY nice work on the hallway shootout re-sound, as it's very similar to something I made for my edit many, many, years ago:

I’ll have v2 out shortly and then will publish it on IFDB. There’s some audio and grading tweaks with better dehancement including during outdoor scenes on the desert compound. Overall this now has a more consistent dehancement.

This reminds me of an edit idea I had a long time now where I was gonna make the entire soundtrack replaced with T1 sound effects (and many other 80s action movie sound effects) and synthwave music thats inspired by Fiedel's score from the 1st film. Not sure how far a long in the edit you are, but if you're interested, I have an entire list of songs I intended to use for the entire movie. Also, VERY nice work on the hallway shootout re-sound, as it's very similar to something I made for my edit many, many, years ago:

ngl i thought this edit was that one brought back from the dead

Here's the updated 80's style trailer for Terminator 2 Dehanced Edition (keep in mind it's modeled after bad old-school trailers with terrible narration):

Back
Top Bottom