• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 2 (Dehanced Edition)

Alrighty everybody this edit is to make T2 more like T1. With that said, should anyone wish to promote the merits of any certain aspect ratio (even the one used in this edit), please feel free to post that info here knowing that I don't care. : )

The grading is going to take longer than I had anticipated now that I'm getting the hang of achieving that 80's feel. It's interesting the vastly different looks even in T1. Dark scenes have that trademark blue hue. But scenes in broad daylight have that completely different retro coloring.

Here's another comparison shot:

full

original, when 1990's remasters go wrong

full

dehanced edition, getting a mid-1980's look

Alrighty everybody this edit is to make T2 more like T1. With that said, should anyone wish to promote the merits of any certain aspect ratio (even the one used in this edit), please feel free to post that info here knowing that I don't care. : )
Even though you have a certain look and feel you are going for, I think you should do this in the aspect ratio that I like, because what I like is all that matters. But, with that being said, the way I like is the way you’re doing it. So I suppose we’re cool. You’re lucky! 🤪

In my edit I’ve used some shots from different 80’s movies to help with the grading. I had a possibly amazing idea about using AI that I have not tried out yet:

1) create an AI generated retro 1980’s screencap of a specific scene using Stable Diffusion A1111, example: re-create a still from T2 but with a specific 1980’s look applied

2) in Resolve use the match shot function to make a full T2 clip look like the Stable Diffusion output

Damn the possibilities are endless here even right now. Of course within a few years we’ll be creating full scenes using just AI.

In my edit I’ve used some shots from different 80’s movies to help with the grading. I had a possibly amazing idea about using AI that I have not tried out yet:

1) create an AI generated retro 1980’s screencap of a specific scene using Stable Diffusion A1111, example: re-create a still from T2 but with a specific 1980’s look applied

2) in Resolve use the match shot function to make a full T2 clip look like the Stable Diffusion output

Damn the possibilities are endless here even right now. Of course within a few years we’ll be creating full scenes using just AI.
I think many of us would love to have a video example of this to learn from. Thanks for always pushing yourself to learn new skills and techniques and helping us learn from your experience :)

I think many of us would love to have a video example of this to learn from. Thanks for always pushing yourself to learn new skills and techniques and helping us learn from your experience
Ok! If I can get good results, I’ll post further on the topic. By “video example”, should I take that to mean a video tutorial?

See this thread for a Stable Diffusion tutorial to make retro images for use in Resolve (or any NLE that matches shots):

Any new updates yet

Project update:

After getting feedback from some other editors, the narrative has been polished up with the latest changes in the project description at the beginning of this thread. One of my favorite changes suggested by @Bobson Dugnutt that works well is removing the whole T-1000 "call to John" B.S. during the finale. Also made a few cool narrative tweaks suggested by @The Scribbling Man including removing Sarah's hokey line about "anyone not wearing two million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day..." And I really have to thank @futon88 for reminding me to check my framing better throughout. The runtime will end up right around 1h 46m. I pushed back the release to be able to do an audio rebuild for the wonderful musical additions @The Scribbling Man is working on. No definite release date is set, but it should be pretty soon.

Project update:

After getting feedback from some other editors, the narrative has been polished up with the latest changes in the project description at the beginning of this thread. One of my favorite changes suggested by @Bobson Dugnutt that works well is removing the whole T-1000 "call to John" B.S. during the finale. Also made a few cool narrative tweaks suggested by @The Scribbling Man including removing Sarah's hokey line about "anyone not wearing two million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day..." And I really have to thank @futon88 for reminding me to check my framing better throughout. The runtime will end up right around 1h 46m. I pushed back the release to be able to do an audio rebuild for the wonderful musical additions @The Scribbling Man is working on. No definite release date is set, but it should be pretty soon.
The more and more I read what is being done to the most hyped I am to watch it….. I haven’t been this excited to see a fan edit in little over 3 years

Update: I'm doing some fine tuning and The Scribbling Man is working on musical score. I expect a release probably in September latest. This of course is subject to change but just wanted to give a heads up on the timeframe for those asking.

Update: I'm doing some fine tuning and The Scribbling Man is working on musical score. I expect a release probably in September latest. This of course is subject to change but just wanted to give a heads up on the timeframe for those asking.
I definitely can’t wait to see it

Update: I sometimes work on multiple editing projects and switch back and forth between them,. While the musical score of Terminator 2 was under production by The Scribbling Man, I started up a rauchy comedy version of Flight of the Navigator and a 2 part film version of the Last of Us (Season 1). I'm ready to finish up Terminator 2, but I'm so much closer to finalizing The Last of Us, I should have that rendered in the next several days.

Then I'll finish up Terminator 2 Dehanced edition. It will need some audio rebuild so I estimate a September release.

Update: I sometimes work on multiple editing projects and switch back and forth between them,. While the musical score of Terminator 2 was under production by The Scribbling Man, I started up a rauchy comedy version of Flight of the Navigator and a 2 part film version of the Last of Us (Season 1). I'm ready to finish up Terminator 2, but I'm so much closer to finalizing The Last of Us, I should have that rendered in the next several days.

Then I'll finish up Terminator 2 Dehanced edition. It will need some audio rebuild so I estimate a September release.
Ok… that’s understandable…. still can’t wait to see it

Back
Top Bottom