• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sucker Punch

Why not upgrade to Blu-Ray? They're so cheap nowadays that it doesn't make sense not too. You can get a new Blu-Ray player for under 100$. Not to mention that movies on Blu-Ray are usually only a few bucks more than their DVD counterparts and for the most part will contain more extras.

Indeed. I checked the prices out at zellers today, none under 130-ish. I actually had a mind to get one this time too, but i aint paying more than 100. Well, that, and i still need to get a new tv, mine creates its own blocking belive it or not.

So is Sucker Punch a Sucker or a Punch? i still havent seen it yet.

Gah, I hate, hate, hate it when dvd/home release reviews review the movie, but don't spend at least a paragraph discussing what changes are made to the extended editions, and how that affects the whole. Hey, jerkwads! I already read a bunch of straight-up reviews months ago. Tell me what the home release does different, damnit! :p

Rogue-theX said:
Indeed. I checked the prices out at zellers today, none under 130-ish.

Try Wal-Mart. I've seen some there for 80-90$.

Gaith said:
Gah, I hate, hate, hate it when dvd/home release reviews review the movie, but don't spend at least a paragraph discussing what changes are made to the extended editions, and how that affects the whole. Hey, jerkwads! I already read a bunch of straight-up reviews months ago. Tell me what the home release does different, damnit! :p

That's why I have http://www.movie-censorship.com/ bookmarked. They have their own Facebook page too. If you "like" the page you'll get updates every time a new comparison is added to the site with a direct link to the comparison. I could have sworn that they had one for Sucker Punch but I just checked and it came up empty. No worries though. I'm sure once the Blu-Ray is released you'll be able to find one.

Frantic Canadian said:
Try Wal-Mart. I've seen some there for 80-90$.

Well there supposed to building a walmart around here soonish. And by soonish i mean i have no idea when.

New tv first though.

That's right. I forgot you lived in a small town. How far is the nearest Wal-Mart? And do you have a Best Buy or Future Shop nearby? Might be able to find one for under 100$ at either store.

45 minutes away. The trouble is im not mobile and cant ever get a ride/dog sitter at the right time. Hes a whiner/barker/piss-off-the-neibhours-er.

Oooh. The Source! 15 minute walk!

There you go. The Source is sure to have Blu-Ray players at good prices.

reave said:
Odd that there are only negative reviews here.

Most that I see are split.

Don't forget the critic whores. Whatever rating a big budget movie gets on rotten tomatoes, I subtract about 15-25%.
The worst rating I have ever seen for a movie was The Last Avatar. It got 4 or 5% and it deserved it. If I ever see M. Knight Shyalabutt, I am going to punch him right in the face.

The extended cut won't be out yet, so I'm definitely waiting for that, I enjoyed the theatrical cut but I wasn't sure what my eyes had witnessed, a lot of it is open to interpretation, but at the same time, kinda straightforward (unlike southland tales, 9 watchings later and I'm still none the wiser)

I bought a scratch and dent samsung bluray player w/ netflix capability and all types of other useless features on amazon to give my ps3 a break after its last laser failure and i spent around $90. other than a cosmetic blemish on the back it works fine.

as for sucker punch its got alot going for and against it IMO. its a beauty to look at, probably more intriguing if youre a dude though, but it is pretty thin on plot and I doubt 15 minutes added is gonna flesh it out much, but i'll have to wait and see.

according to imdb discussions, the extended cut feature scene additions that are essential to the plot/resolution of the film that were removed simply to avoid a R rating.

I saw this recently, and the songs kinda saved it for me, as I have a personal relationship with most of them. Also having Marius Devries renditions of all these famous songs helps greatly. Visually it's stunning at times, but I agree that the slo-mo thing needs to be cut down (cue some fanediting). In fact, I see lots of potential in this film being edited (just add music YOU like and release a re-cut version with several alternative audio tracks. :)

I think the tiny dialogue and it's delivery was really bad. Acting class from Clichéville of 2011 rehearsing a school play. I really loved the part with dungeons, dragons, orchs and... A FIGHTERPLANE.

I think it was kinda better than Thor.

Just saw this tonight, the theatrical cut, and I really enjoyed it. The slow-mo thing didn't bother me at all. While watching it though I couldn't help but wonder what that extra 17 minutes in the extended cut contained. I also kept thinking that this could easily be split into two movies. The first one being the "reality" movie, the girls in the club/whorehouse, and the second one being the "fantasy" movie, all that cg/action world stuff. The only problem I could see with the "reality" movie is that we never actually see Baby Doll dance, so how could we transition from her about to dance, to her having finished her dance.

Talk about good timing. Movie-Censorship.com just released their comparison of the two cuts.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=746855

78 differences in total
In particular:

- 32 cuts for censoring
- 13 cuts to tighten the plot
- 5 alternate shots
- 3 alternate order of the scenes
- 2 censored dialogs
- 19 frame cuts (Theatrical Version)
- 4 frame cuts (Extended Cut)

Frantic Canadian said:
Talk about good timing. Movie-Censorship.com just released their comparison of the two cuts.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=746855

78 differences in total
In particular:

- 32 cuts for censoring
- 13 cuts to tighten the plot
- 5 alternate shots
- 3 alternate order of the scenes
- 2 censored dialogs
- 19 frame cuts (Theatrical Version)
- 4 frame cuts (Extended Cut)

From the descriptions it doesn't look like there anything in the extended cut that can save the film at all.

Kevinicus said:
From the descriptions it doesn't look like there anything in the extended cut that can save the film at all.

after watchmen and terminator salvation I stopped thinking that things that would totally change a movie would be in the directors cut (though there were one or two interesting things in watchmen but not enough)

I really like the extended cut of watchmen, some of it is subtle like an extra Rorschach monologue during the scene when the prostitute propositions him in the street, the death of Hollis Mason is one of the best moments in the whole film. I don't much care for the black freighter story though, so I'm more than happy to give the 'ultimate' cut a miss.

I've only seen the theatrical cut of this however, and I'll wait for my friend to get the blu ray before I pass judgement on the final product. (I especially hate when they only offer the extended cut of dilm on blu ray to boost sales over dvd)

Back
Top Bottom