• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode VII: The Ford Awakens

Working a bit more on the Han and Kylo confrontation and how to make it gel with the continuity of the edit, I figured the best way was to have Rey and Finn arrive late while Han and Kylo were in the middle of their conversation, so they only get to hear parts of it. That way Han can talk to Rey at the end of the movie about Ben while being vauge about him. The audience knows the story of course.

Here's what I have so far (although I had a new idea suggested to me by @"Last Impressions"  that may work here also)

password: ford

It works, but it’s kinda weird as well. I think you should make it clearer that Kylo turned his lightsaber on (maybe add a red glow when he turns it on, and also make the lightsaber sound effects “pop” more?)

It’s also weird that Han disappears from Kylo’s front and we don’t see him in the wide shot either, but we can’t do much about that, can we?

Someone over at OT.com suggested I borrow footage from earlier in the film, the part where Kylo ignites his sabre when he has the hissy fit on his base ship...though the background would require digital altering.

I think the headcanon for Han dropping out of shot was he backed away or was a pretty spry sprinter and got out of dodge as soon as the laser show started.  :p

The footage really is this edit's Achilles heel, I wish I had the skills to clean up the parts that make it look awkward.

Zarius said:
Someone over at OT.com suggested I borrow footage from earlier in the film, the part where Kylo ignites his sabre when he has the hissy fit on his base ship...though the background would require digital altering.

I think the headcanon for Han dropping out of shot was he backed away or was a pretty spry sprinter and got out of dodge as soon as the laser show started.  :p

The footage really is this edit's Achilles heel, I wish I had the skills to clean up the parts that make it look awkward.

How about adding sound effects to indicate that Han runs away after Chewie shoots Kylo?

Zarius said:

That's a very good idea.

Did some tweeking with the R2 Awakens Early Scene to remove the cloth being removed, changed here are C3PO saying R2's come back and later saying he's missed him

Kylo igniting his light sabre from a different angle

I thought I managed to work out something with showing the lightsaber today, I was trying to use the part of the Solo and Ren confrontation where he holds the saber, it worked very well in the edit, but Han is in close proximity to him, so the continuity would have been a tad off as I was trying to keep Han a little distanced.

Should I still try it?

OP updated with some new timeline details and what to expect...also a special credit has been given to @"Last Impressions"  for his creative input which has helped shape this edit into it's final form.

Ran the latest version by one of the most important people in my life. My best friend, who's not that big a SW fangirl. Here's what she said

Admittedly not a big Star Wars fan bu that ending is much better. I've sent it to my pals who are Star Wars fans

Got feedback from two SW fans who tell me mine is a vastly superior ending to what they originally got.  :)

Feedback's been great. I'm done. IFDB article written.

This edit is now on ifdb. It's got it where it counts kid. Thread moved.

Merging Takodana and the Resistance base planet was a tremendous idea. I haven't a clue why the movie didn't handle it this way to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom