• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode VII: The Ford Awakens

Because Starkiller attacks the Republic shortly after the attack on Da'qaur, I've moved up the strategising to just prior to the Order's attack, I've removed any reference to them charging up the weapon "again"

password: ford

Updated the OP with new timeline based off the current version of the edit.

Currently on my kick of combining scenes together, I've sorted out how to get Rey to Starkiller Base without her getting captured..merge the "bypass the compressor" meme with the Falcon arriving at Starkiller. Rey and Finn can take turns talking to Han in the cockpit.

While I was at it, I merged two scenes of Snoke talking with Hux, he's informed of where the Resistance base is hiding, and he tells Hux they will crush them once and for all, then asks Kylo about the awakening he just sensed...this now comes directly after Rey's one-and-only encounter with Luke's lightsaber and has the force vision.

This sample is from a previous version of the film that still included Han confronting Kylo. I decided against using it for several reasons, key among them was that Kylo had nothing else to do after this and just wound up vanishing (which is kind of all he actually ends up doing even in the current drafts anyway, but at least you don't have this giant family connection left to resolve)

This sample is from a previous version of the film that still included Han confronting Kylo. I decided against using it for several reasons, key among them was that Kylo had nothing else to do after this and just wound up vanishing (which is kind of all he actually ends up doing even in the current drafts anyway, but at least you don't have this giant family connection left to resolve)

Zarius said:
 not unless some of you are interested in the version where Rey stays on D'quar and Han attempts to confront Kylo (the two are interupted by Chewie randomly deciding to attack Stromtroopers, which highly amused people at Originaltrilogy.com)

In this second version I'm making, Kylo really doesn't do a heck of a lot and he does not confront Han, and I even decided not to reveal his connection to Han, though Ben's downfall is referenced.

i'd still be interested in looking at both versions. 

Is the Ford Awakens meant to be a standalone film now and not part of the Last Jedi...not that the Last Jedi was ever a part of the Force Awakens LOL

Oh it's standalone, but it still leads into Last Jedi just for fun, but like with Anti-Cringe cut, it's not intended to be part of a series that will contradict it.

Per his interest, I've sent the workprint over to @"Last Impressions"

Zarius said:
Per his interest, I've sent the workprint over to @"Last Impressions"

This communication can be taken care of via PM. Please do not post that you've sent such in the forums as it isn't really relevant to anyone else and ultimately as a bump. Thanks!

Whoops, my bad.

What do you think of the samples so far Digi?

A bump with a purpose: New sample

How I worked around keeping Rey on the mission with Han and Finn without being captured. These combined scenes occur just as the First Order begin recharging Starkiller base.

Well, I think I managed to find a way of keeping in the Han and Kylo confrontation, and resolving it in a way that doesn’t make Chewie look like an unprovoked trigger-happy dick. All it took was taking one shot from earlier in the scene with the stormtrooper about to open fire on Han, thus provoking Chewie into firing to save his friend.

So now that bumps the run time up to 1 hour, 30 minutes.

I like the work I did in the first version though, so when the times comes to release this, I will be giving people who wish to see it the choice of the two versions.

I managed to find a way of keeping in the Han and Kylo confrontation without Chewie coming across as an unprovoked trigger happy dick. Now the confrontation ends with Chewie saving his friend from an advancing Stormtrooper.

This brings the edit up to 1 hour, 30 minutes.

I never was that funny :(

A Youtuber by the name of GeoMFilms cobbled together a hard cut proof-of-concept for how to save Han from Kylo. I'll run this through my own program and see what I can do with it. If all goes well, I'll credit him for the design.

For now, here's his version

GeoMFilms' idea has helped completly radicalise my edit and I will definitely be crediting him when the time comes to write up the IFDB entry, my version came out much better. I'll share it sometime in the coming week once I try it out in a draft.

The idea now is that Kylo activates his lightsaber off-camera. Chewie freaks out, shoots him, and sets off the explosives. Kylo looks up to find everyone climbing into the elevator as seen in GeoMFilms' brilliant concept edit.

I'm thinking of never outright stating Kylo and Han are father and son in Version 3 of the edit, this helps continuity with the end of the film where Han never mentions to Rey that Ben is his son when talking about him being the reason Luke left. It also works really well with Leia and Han's farewell too, now when Leia asks Han "if you see our son...bring him home", Han's look tells the audience all they need...he did see his son, but he failed in his task.

What if...you make KYLO be HAN's father?

Heh, funny enough there is a soundbite from "Empire of Dreams" where Harrison says "papa", I could use that :p

Back
Top Bottom