• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (NON-SPOILER)

I know that Shayalaman's name was one of those being thrown about in the past few weeks, but it didn't seem like a very likely possibility at all until a bunch of other names got eliminated, and I got reminded of what K. Kennedy had said.

But reave is probably right that there's nothing to worry about.

As for Kasdan: Woo-hoo! I'm kind of surprised that he wasn't brought in from the beginning, though. Why only VIII and IX instead of all three? Not that it matters; I'm just curious. I very much look forward to his return to the franchise!

TomH1138 said:
As for Kasdan: Woo-hoo! I'm kind of surprised that he wasn't brought in from the beginning, though. Why only VIII and IX instead of all three? Not that it matters; I'm just curious. I very much look forward to his return to the franchise!

My guess is that a lot of it was still in Lucas' hands at that point. IIRC, his relationship with Kasdan isn't great.

Really? I never heard that. Kasdan has appeared in all the documentaries about Lucas, praising him. Lucas asked him to write the prequels (he declined because he thought George would do a good job himself). Kasdan reportedly did uncredited script work on Indy IV. Plus, this isn't years after Lucas' involvement has ended or anything. This is still the transition period.

Maybe there are things I haven't heard, but as far as I know, he and Kasdan get along fine.

Perhaps Kasdan is too busy with another project right now to commit to Ep. VII?

ThrowgnCpr said:
No Shamalamadingdong. NO. FTG. NO

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

This. Exactly this.

Sunarep said:
i still believe m night stole the script for sixth sense from someone else

He did. Its basically a remake of an episode of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

I knew I recognized that other guy!

Interesting interview from back in the day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_IUKmLKT0gE[/video]

Wouldn't be surprised if the ideas for the sequel trilogy were not to have the Skywalker be the focus of this trilogy. I'm guessing this since StarWars.com had posted this:

IMO, if the Skywalkers are the focus still, it should not be Luke. The PT was focused around Anakin and the OT around Luke. As bad as the PT was, Luke shouldn't get anymore films focused on him then Anakin did. Don't get me wrong, he can still be in there, along with the rest of the OT characters, but we'll need lots of new characters to keep the series original, but keeping the others to help with continuity. However I feel confident with Arndt writing the detailed treatments for the next 3 films.

I feel like it would make sense to have the new trilogy focused on Luke's son.

Colin Trevorrow is officially out of the running for the director's chair. The top-secret project that he couldn't talk about was actually, of all things, a remake of Flight of the Navigator.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97448

Safety Not Guaranteed was kind of cute and charming, so I look forward to another sort-of time travel film from the same team.

boy 1 guy slips 2 words and everyone jumps out of their pants.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing this. It's not from Vaughn himself, and we already know what Vaughan is doing instead.

Colin Trevorrow flatly denied that he's doing Ep. VII a couple of weeks ago, and some news sites took it as confirmation that he's doing it. "See? He's denying it! That means he's hiding something!" So, if I say that I'm not directing Star Wars VII, does that mean that Kathleen Kennedy will give me the job?

Everyone just wants to be the first with the scoop, I guess.

Pretty much everyone has been eliminated at this point except for Jon Favreau and Joe Johnston, who have pointedly not denied any rumors. So either it's one of them, or it's somebody we haven't even considered yet.

Let Johnston make his Boba Fett film. and have Favreau direct Ep. VII

steelio2006 said:
Let Johnston make his Boba Fett film. and have Favreau direct Ep. VII

Johnson can make his film. But I don't want Favreau anywhere near this. He should stick to comedy films.

What is Kenneth Branagh up to? After Jack Ryan he could put "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" on hold and pump out a star wars movie.

Back
Top Bottom