• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace

Me too. I have all files completed except 12 and 20.

How could anyone hate Ric? He's so helpful!

How else would we know where the blockade was?

you catch on pretty quick.

Sorry could not resist. I have the same issues with 12 and 20 as well.

A solution is being formulated.

I hope Ric can explain the formula. It has been many years since my chemistry and physics classes.

Hello, its my first ever post here! just wanted to say i cant download parts 12 and 21 either....

just wanted to add, im not subscribed to megauploads or whatever so just using the free downloads...incase that makes any difference to your formula!

merry christmas!

12 and 20 are uploaded again, big thanks to ThrowgnCpr.

PM for links.

For those of you who are new and therefore I don't know, you will have to wait for the .dlc to be updated on .info. Thanks for your understanding.

This is also my first post, to say hooray for Ric Olie, my mentor. As he taught me the ways of the pilot, I never got to hear him say those magic words, "you catch on pretty quick." I had to settle for a grunt in my direction and a withering gaze. Now that the Ridiculous Menace has been completed, I can at last force him to say "you catch on pretty quick" until my ears bleed. Thanks for saving Christmas, TV's Frink!

MU is a funny thing. Long story short, all files in the dlc now appear online. If more problems crop up, please let me know.

Mr Frink! thank you for making my christmas so special! I watched Ridiculous menace with my Dad (who's not into star wars as much as i am) and we were both sat there pissing ourselves with laughter within the first 10 seconds and the sheer genius of the comedy never let up untill it ended and then i thought - geez what do we do now, what do we watch now??? so we put it on again and were still in stitches! This is easily the best version of Episode 1 i have ever seen.

So people get this thing approved! its way good! bring on Attack of the Ridiculousness!
Merry christmas!

Witness the amazing TV's Frink as he slices, dices and chops like Bart Simpson with a Ginsu knife. The Ridiculous Menace is a gleeful and manic spoof, a kind of comedic vandalism equivalent to drawing mustaches on somber portraits and throwing cream pies at stuffy politicians. The pomp and dreadful pretentiousness of the original movie is unceremoniously deflated through radical alteration of the personalities and motives of all characters, major and minor. Heroes become cads, villains become clowns, and just about everyone is reduced to a state of doddering cluenessness.

Often the humor builds in layers of ridiculousness until the humor reaches a level of surreality that would do Benny Hill or Monty Python proud. Other jokes fall flat or are obscure, but with the batting average so high and the pace of gags so fast and furious, it just doesn't matter. This is one funny flick.

The video quality is adequate. Compression makes the focus soft on larger screens but it's still quite watchable. A number of contributors have pitched in with special effects and those come off well, suitable for the hacked and manipulated satiric tone.

The soundtrack has received a massive amount of changes, from new background music to new dialog. The end credits alone must have 30 different music clips! The detail of audio work goes down to individual inserted words, and this is the one area where technical flaws sometimes get in the way of enjoying the movie. Sometimes the words in a sentence are so mismatched it's hard to understand what the character is saying. Additional audio processing and pitch shifting might help that out, but that would also mean many more months of work! So, as they say, deal with it.

DVD features are basic, with chapter selections and a few bonuses included to add a few gags. No off-color jokes and thankfully no potty humor, so the disk is suitable for children. Kudos to Frink and his many co-conspirators for assembling the funniest Star Wars Episode One ever. I enthusiastically approve this firstling fanedit.

approved.png

Thread moved to True Fanedit forum.
Congrats, Frink!

I too had the pleasure of watching this wonderful, hilarious and ridiculous movie. I was laughing out loud through the whole thing. if I was not locked out, I would post a 10/10 review. Wonderful job Frink. I am looking forward to sharing this gem with the rest of the family. Well done!! :popcorn:

Right on Frink, you done good! :nod:

Can't wait to watch this one Frink... jdownloader just will not download parts 13, 14 and 15. Been like that for 2 days now :( It starts downloading them at ridiculously low speeds and then loses the connection and says host offline. I'll keep trying though, as soooo want to see this.

Sorry about that, apparently MU has fallen victim to the evil of Darth Darth. Currently working on getting the rest of the rars on MS, then will follow on RS. I'll let you know when 13-15 are on MS.

mara5150 said:
if I was not locked out, I would post a 10/10 review.
Have you discussed this with the staff? Send a PM to thunderclap if you haven't already, he should be able to help.

Brumous said:
Thanks for the review and approval! :)

The video quality is adequate. Compression makes the focus soft on larger screens but it's still quite watchable.
I have to admit some disappointment at hearing this. The video quality is one of the things that delayed the release recently, and several people worked hard to help me fix it. I'll be interested to hear if others share your concern...and there's always the upcoming DVD9 as well.

The detail of audio work goes down to individual inserted words, and this is the one area where technical flaws sometimes get in the way of enjoying the movie. Sometimes the words in a sentence are so mismatched it's hard to understand what the character is saying. Additional audio processing and pitch shifting might help that out, but that would also mean many more months of work! So, as they say, deal with it.
Yes, this is an admitted flaw in the process. I did work on audio processing in one or two cases, but as you say, it would mean a ton more work. An easier solution (though still requiring a lot of work) would be to provide subtitles for the whole movie, which is something I might consider for the DVD9.

cutnshut said:
we were both sat there pissing ourselves with laughter within the first 10 seconds and the sheer genius of the comedy never let up untill it ended and then i thought - geez what do we do now, what do we watch now??? so we put it on again and were still in stitches!
Thanks for the high compliment! And nice to see you over here as well.

Back
Top Bottom