• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek: The Pegasus

A friend is talking me through the fixes now and has agreed to take a look at all footage before it goes online so should help prevent screw ups. :)

A friend took me through every step of the way. These should look better now...
vlcsnap-2014-11-25-20h20m52s61_zps36bf44c8.png

vlcsnap-2014-11-25-20h20m44s235_zps1b496907.png
vlcsnap-2014-11-25-20h21m04s157_zpsa7c056e5.png

Finished my rough cut and asked my cover designer to adjust things for a new title. It's been sent to an editor friend to check over - if everything goes okay, it should be a simple job of editing the new job when the TNG S7 BluRay is released next week. :)

Well, if my editing hasn't improved (you can tell me in a couple of weeks on that score!) my mindset most definitely has. Been chugging away all night trying to improve on an audio cut that just doesn't sound good enough. I'll post a clip later, if I can get it sounding what I'd consider acceptable.

Seems like your moving forward nicely with this project and i for one am looking forward to checking it out. I hope the positive vibe continues and it gets the Fanedit Academy's seal of approval when submitted......... I do love a bit of Trek ;-)

288cscx.jpg

That moment when you work out how to do something simple - that everyone else has been doing for years... ;)

Full edit now complete; sent to a friend to check out. If he thinks it's all okay, I'll be submitting it for review tomorrow. :)

I'm happy to say that this is now finished and uploaded. Retitled "Historical Truth" too. :)

Interesting that this update came tonight. Ever since last year, I've been watching Star Trek on Netflix. While I've watched a few TOS, some TAS, and TMP, I've been focusing mostly on the 24th century, watching through the first five seasons of TNG and then mixing TNG season 6 and DS9 season 1 in rough chronological order. Once I got through that, I started on TNG season 7 / DS9 season 2. Tonight, after doing a bit of reading on Memory Alpha, I watched "The Pegasus" and "There Are the Voyages...", switching back and forth between them in rough chronological order (I was mostly successful). I just finished it. I don't remember how you edited this together at the moment, but here's how I see it:

TNG: teaser - Act 1
ENT: teaser - Act 1
TNG: Act 2 (Picard/Pressman scene)
ENT: Act 2 - Act 3 (until right before the D enters the asteroid field)
TNG: rest of Act 2 - Act 3 (Picard/Riker scene)
ENT: rest of Act 3 - Act 4
TNG rest of Act 3 (starting with Picard/Blackwell scene) - Act 5

I recommend adding replacing most of the CGI D shots early in the ENT footage with TNG footage of the D in the asteroid field, since they entered it fairly early in "The Pegasus" but after Riker was placed under orders, yet the ENT footage doesn't have the asteroid field at those moments.

You're absolutely right! I always assumed Riker's "Not a promise; an order," was in regards to the Pegasus in general but now I think about it, he's speaking to Troi about speaking to Picard I'm glad you mentioned it so I can correct it before I submit it! Thanks! :)

No problem! :)

On a personal level, I have to agree with most of the fandom that this was just an ill-conceived and poorly executed idea all around.

Sirtis seems to like the episode, based on her comments, but she thinks, while it ("These Are the Voyages...") is a good episode, it's not a good final episode. In other words, it's be okay if it was something that came earlier in the season. Frakes said it stinks, and Blalock says it's appalling.

Also, the novels have hand-waved away the historic holoprogram as a falsified record created by Section 31 (which, by the way, fans speculated was behind the Pegasus experiment after S31 was introduced on DS9 - and which a line by Riker in TATV seems to confirm) and have told the real story.

Finally, using "The Pegasus" as the framing story was a bad idea. Since they were using Frakes and Sirtis anyway, one idea that I read was to have the framing story take place on the Titan, and Captain Riker might have to prepare a speech to introduce the newest world into the Federation or whatever, so Troi suggests he view the final mission of the NX-01 for inspiration.

I agree with you there too. TATV is an abomination and what's more, I've even cut the bit everyone likes - the ending scene with the three ships named Enterprise! Since I'm making some changes to do the order of events, I've decided to mix up the ship shots. Before, a CGI Enterprise obviously was followed by a scene from ENT. Instead, I'm mix and matching, to provide a bit of variety and really blend the story together. (Besides the fact that Frakes got fat!) :p

Made another change which someone suggest to me last year (I think) and changed the "Riker in Sickbay" scene. I cut out all lines to do with batleth fights with Worf, and covered the gap with a reversed shot for Riker leaning against a biobed. I covered the join in the audio with sickbay ambient sound along with the sound of a tricorder opening. It works quite well. :)

After half a dozen further changes, this has been approved. :-D

PM me for details. :)

Cheers Z!
You know, I was watching Pryde of the X-men for the first time in years last week and I never realised how awful Wolverine sounds so will have to check your edit out!

I look forward to your review when you get 'round to it

Request sent btw.

Well done. Would you like to start a new thread or have this one moved to the Fix/Mix forum?

I'd just like to move this one if that's okay? :)
I'll post up a full specs list in the morning.

*Title: Star Trek: The Next Generation – The Pegasus
*Faneditor Name: Neuros
Tagline: “Here’s to the Next Generation!”

*Original Movie Title: Star Trek: The Next Generation – The Pegasus/Star Trek: Enterprise – These Are The Voyages…
*Genre: Sci-Fi
Franchise: Star Trek
*Fanedit Type: FanFix

*Original Release Date: 1994/2005
*Original Running Time:42minutes/42minutes
*Fanedit Release Date: 2015
*Fanedit Running Time: 80 minutes
Time Cut: 4 minutes
Time Added: None

Available in HD? Yes

*Brief Synopsis:
Confronted with old demons, Commander Riker watches the final mission of the NX-01 to gain insight into his current situation.

*Intention:
To re-edit the Enterprise finale into the existing TNG episode.

Editing Details:
Beyond simply an extended edition, I wanted to retell the ENT footage so that it fit more firmly in place with the original episode. To that end, a conflicting scene from TNG has been removed along with the entire ending of the ENT episode.

Cuts and Additions:
*New title cards after the opening credits, crediting the ENT cast and crew.
* Sickbay scene removed from TNG episode.
* End speech scene has been removed from ENT episode to match TNG episode continuity.
* FX shots of the Enterprise have been mixed up to prevent immediate recognition of footage source.

Back
Top Bottom