• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR TREK "Resurrection"

I can't find the link on info. Can someone give a helping hand to a novice?

Re-uploaded and available soon-ish.... :-D

Star Trek 3 Resurrection BionicBob Fanedit DVD5 uploaded to Usenet and NZB submitted to Info.

Neglify said:
Star Trek 3 Resurrection BionicBob Fanedit DVD5 uploaded to Usenet and NZB submitted to Info.

I salute you!!! ;-) Many thanks!

I now have your whole series of Trek edits except for 'This Other Eden' which I think is unavailable (OF COURSE I intend to finish the set!).

It's been fun to rewatch the movies in a new and different way - also kind of reimagined as a TV Series :)

DANLAV05 said:
I now have your whole series of Trek edits except for 'This Other Eden' which I think is unavailable....

PM sent. ;-)

Oh in related news, I plan on doing a recut of THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK later this year.

It is NOT a version two of "Resurrection". It will use the same general cut list and rearranged order of scenes, but will be a straight forward theatrical experience -- no alternate soundtracks, no tv style intro or commercial breaks. :)

Oh, this is excellent news. Though I do have a suggestion, despite how out there and time consuming it could be.

A review of Search for Spock I saw made a convincing argument about Kruge being a rather nuanced character with moments like calling the gunner an animal for honorlessly destroying a science vessel and killing him, silently weeping for his dead men when the Enterprise blows up, planning to die on the Genesis planet as atonement. However, this was a review of the comic, and there's no calling the gunner an animal in the movie. I'd like it if you could somehow dub this in, but unless you're willing to look up the Klingon word for animal and no someone who can do a damn fine Christopher Lloyd impression, I'd advise against it.

Actually, I think Kruge is a fantastically complex and well developed character as shown on screen. He clearly displays a strong sense of honor, a loyalty to his crew and a deep respect for his adversaries. In many ways, Christopher Lloyd's interpretation of Kruge set the standard of all future Klingon portrayals in all the various Trek incarnations that followed.

Thank you for removing the cartoon sound effects from the Excelsior's transwarp shutdown. The spacedock escape has been my favorite sequence of the movie for a long time, with that silly bit marring it. I jumped to that part of the edit first thing.

In general, I'm glad to see the TV-edit concept, for all the TOS sequel movies, taken care of. I still have more downloading and watching to do, but Kudos!

Jaiman Tuckuh said:
In general, I'm glad to see the TV-edit concept, for all the TOS sequel movies, taken care of. I still have more downloading and watching to do, but Kudos!

Glad you enjoyed the experience. Be on the look out for Version Two of THE VGER INCIDENT, which will be released next week. :D

bionicbob said:
Be on the look out for Version Two of THE VGER INCIDENT, which will be released next week. :D

I was already watching that thread, looking forward to it.

Wow! Another review from [MENTION=28628]Anarchemist[/MENTION]! THANK YOU very much for the positive remarks.

Very happy the aspect ratio was not an issue for you. I was very inexperienced back then, still learning my tools.

Personally, TREK III is my favorite of the Original Cast movies. I love the character interaction of the crew, the dramatic arc for Kirk -- how far he will go to save his friend. I found the themes of friendship, loyalty and sacrifice to be very powerful. I agree it does not have a big production cinematic look (these sequels, while not low budget, were real penny pinchers, lots of recycled shots, etc) but I love lighting/cinematography and think Nimoy did a great job with the direction. Then again, Final Frontier is my second favorite Trek movie.... go figure... LOL! :p

Hope you continue with your Trek marathon and continue to be entertained. :)

Back
Top Bottom