• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

STAR TREK "Resurrection"

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
STAR TREK RESURRECTION

LOYALTY. FRIENDSHIP. SACRIFICE.
Never have those words meant more for the Enterprise crew than now.
Kirk and his crew risk their lives and Starfleet careers, as they race
against time to reunite Spock's body and soul.

In this third entry of BionicBob's TOS Movie Cuts, The Search for Spock has
been boldly restructured into a leaner, faster-paced, more plot driven adventure!

original film names: STAR TREK III THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK,
along with footage from THE WRATH OF KHAN,
and images from practically every TOS episode!!!!

new film name : STAR TREK "Resurrection"
film studio name : Paramount Pictures
edit crew name : Bionic Bob
persons involved: Me
Date Original Film Was Released : Theatrical Release 1984, DVD Collector's Edition 2002
Date Edit Was Released : October 2010
Original Runtime : 105 min
New Runtime : 85 mins
Cut/Add Time: cut about 25 minutes
added about 5-6 minutes

Fanedit details:
Intention: Break the dreaded Trek Movie Curse!!!!
Can I do it????
Do Tribbles purr? Do Klingons growl? Do Vulcans polka????
Actually, I am not sure about that last one. But I don know I am going to give it my best Starfleet try!

As movie legend goes, all even numbered Trek movies are Good and all odd numbered Trek movies are Bad!
Hopefully, after watching this edit of Star Trek III, you will think differently.
While THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK is my personnal favorite of the Original Cast Movies, even I admit the story suffers in terms of pace and structure.

So with this edit, I have completely resequenced the order of all the scenes in the first 2/3's of the movie. Saavik's quest for Spock is now moved to the forefront (it is after all called "The Search for Spock"!!!!) and runs parallel to Kirk's discovery of Spock's Katra and theft of the Enterprise.

Also to tighten the plot and increase the pace of the movie, most of the support cast gags have been trimmed or completely removed.
By doing this, I think I have created a more linear and entertaining adventure.

Editing Details:
Used iMac 10.5, Mac the Ripper, MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut Express, GarageBand, and iDVD

Remember, infinite diversity in infinite combinations.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! I'm grabbing this as soon as it pops up on .info! :)

Just a question: will this be 16:9 ?

Sunarep said:
Just a question: will this be 16:9 ?

Sorry.

Because all of my Trek edits combine atleast 3 different aspect ratios of footage,
both anamorphic and non-anamorphic material,
they will remain Letterbox.

I know there is alot of interest in me releasing second versions
of my past Trek edits (which I really do appreciate:) ) in Anamorphic,
but until I can afford to upgrade to better/more powerful software,
I see no point unless I can do it right.:icon_e_wink:
Thanks for your support.

For those of you who may have missed it.....

Now up on the Fan Edit INFO page.:typing:

Yaaaay!!!:hail: Awesome, cant wait to see it:pop2::canada:

bionicbob said:
Sorry.

Because all of my Trek edits combine atleast 3 different aspect ratios of footage,
both anamorphic and non-anamorphic material,
they will remain Letterbox.
free software can both retain the original aspect ratio and convert letterbox material to anamorphic. really... you are just using more bits for picture quality...

all you have to do is convert your letterbox sources to anamorphic before adding to your project.

joebshmoe said:
free software can both retain the original aspect ratio and convert letterbox material to anamorphic. really... you are just using more bits for picture quality...

all you have to do is convert your letterbox sources to anamorphic before adding to your project.

Thanks for the tip.

But I have tried a few, and I have yet to find one with works on MAC to my satisfaction.:peace:

downloading right now, can't wait

bionicbob said:
Thanks for the tip.

But I have tried a few, and I have yet to find one with works on MAC to my satisfaction.:peace:

try avidemux: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html or ffmpeg from CLI

seriously... all you need to do is convert your letterbox sources to anamorphic prior to editing them. there isn't really a mac osx issue that i can see.

The thing is... the YouTube teasers you post are 16:9... :?

I've already grabbed the DVD, will be watching very soon!

i'll be getting this today. first chance i have had to take a look at the forums since me gettin the case of the flu bug. all better now.

Loved it Bob! a touch of class with the b/w stuff, i actually think i prefer resurrection over the Search for spock! Well done.

Rogue-theX said:
Loved it Bob! a touch of class with the b/w stuff, i actually think i prefer resurrection over the Search for spock! Well done.

Glad you enjoyed it.
It is definitely the most fun I have had so far Trek editing.:Yellow_Flash_Colorz

Rogue-theX said:

I definitely agree, this is a major improvement of the movie. There isn't even a comparison for me, this is my definitive Star Trek III

L8wrtr said:
I definitely agree, this is a major improvement of the movie. There isn't even a comparison for me, this is my definitive Star Trek III
My sentiments exactly. No comparison whatsoever. I always hated Star Trek III, along with Star Trek 5, but this was the first time I actually thought Search for Spock was really good. I was thoroughly entertained all the way thru. Great job. :bounce:

STANKPAC said:
My sentiments exactly. No comparison whatsoever. I always hated Star Trek III, along with Star Trek 5, but this was the first time I actually thought Search for Spock was really good. I was thoroughly entertained all the way thru. Great job. :bounce:

Thanks guys. :)

Back
Top Bottom