• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek Continues Featuring Chris Doohan and Grant Imahara

Latest episode out now, The White Iris:

"I need my pain!"

This classic Kirk line kept running through my head as I watched this latest episode.

A nice character exploration of Kirk's past lost loves, Vic seems to have found a good balance in his performance, just enough Shatnerisms with out it feeling like an impersonation.

In fact, the entire cast was exceptional in this episode. Great to see Doctor Who Colin Baker!

Loved Chekov's throw away line about the Xindii.
Not sure I liked the Holo-Deck, it feels out of place to me for the TOS period.
The whole plot revolving around ONLY Kirk knowing the activation code felt a bit forced and unbelievable to me.

The production values were again extraordinary! Equal or better than most professional productions. The music score was incredible, it really sold the episode and felt like a classic story.

So while the basic story premise was a bit weak for me, the episode completely won me over with it performances and production.
Another fantastic Trek adventure by STC! :thumb:

...uh oh.... Youtube has pulled latest STC White Iris offline, claiming copyright infringement by CBS.

Luckily, it is still up on Vimeo, watch it while you can....

Upon rewatching, I did notice one glaring continuity error.... Kirk stating he served on the Farragut seven years ago. It should be closer to 14-15 years ago, according to the original episode "Obsession", as it was Kirk's first Starship assignment as a Lt. out of the Academy. Odd, for a fan series written by fans for fans, would make such an error.

Yes! Doctor Who is in Star Trek :)

jerick said:
@42:00 oh man the FEELS!

Yeah, I gotta admit that surprised me and choked me up... poor Kirk.....

White Iris should be back up on Youtube shortly, a statement was issued by the production:
"I am pleased to report that, contrary to speculation, STC episode IV was not deliberately pulled by anyone at CBS. Several members of our production have regular contact with CBS Licensing, and I spoke personally with a V.P. of CBS legal over the past couple days. She's assured us that the takedown was not intentional, and YouTube has been instructed to reinstate the episode immediately. We have enormous respect and gratitude to CBS for their help in resolving this matter.

Live long and prosper!"

Vic Mignogna
Exec Producer, Star Trek Continues

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=272593&page=19

STC's 5th episode is schedule to be released on September 26th :)

Newest episode -- "Divided We Stand"

^ Watched and liked. :)

Once again the production quality is incredible​!!! The soundtrack is fantastic. The lighting work is exceptional. Both completely make it feel like an original series episode.

Strong performances from everyone, each getting better with each new episode. Chuck Huber totally sold me on his interpretation of McCoy. Michele Specht is the only one who felt completely forced and unneeded in this episode. But WOW, she always looks amazing! :love: Love those TOS uniforms!!! lol

Some subtle Trek continuity/homage nods to VOY, TNG and TMP.

The actual story certainly has a TOS vibe to it and it was enjoyable, though it did border on being preachy at moments with Kirk's impassioned monologues.

So another solid and brilliant entry from STC, though I wish the storytelling was bolder and pushing TOS forward like PHASE II used to do. But we all want different things from our Trek.... lol.

It is a glorious time to be a Trek Fan! :thumb:

Looks like the next episode will be called "Come Not Between The Dragons", whatever that means.
http://startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html
Looking forward to it, have truly enjoyed the episodes released so far, not only do they nail the look and feel of the original series but the stories are captivating and thought provoking. :)

Rogue-theX said:
Looks like the next episode will be called "Come Not Between The Dragons", whatever that means.
The title is based on the phrase "Come not between the dragon and his wrath," from Shakespeare's King Lear.

My guess is that two vicious foes will be fighting each other, and the Enterprise will get caught in the middle.

They put up a clip from the next episode on the star trek continues website, click on the poster for episode 6 to watch it ;)

Episode 6 "COME NOT BETWEEN THE DRAGONS" has been released:

Great interview with Vic Mignogna..... he speaks directly to the Axanar scandal at the 12min mark, though this interview was obviously recorded before the CBS/Paramount guidelines ....

^ He does indeed seem like a mensch, though the use of any crowdfunding, even if very honorably conducted, makes me uneasy. Skipping through the latest episode, I really wish he and his cast were playing original characters in the TOS era, as I just can't get into their taking on the classic cast roles. They've obviously put tremendous sweat and money into their venture, so even if it's not what I'd like, they do have my respect.

On the other hand, especially with all these legal squalls, I can't help but wonder what they might accomplish if they made an original IP production, similar enough to Trek to be readily accessible to non-Trekkers, but just different enough in tone, design and content to be their own thing. And, in that scenario, they could crowdfund (and profit!) to their heart's content.

It's a big galactic multiverse out there... not all optimistic, light-hearted adventures with Earth space navies need copyrighted Trek branding and elements. Again, I don't fault these guys for doing what they love in honorable fashion; I'd just urge them to experiment a bit more in a different direction.

Gaith said:
I really wish he and his cast were playing original characters in the TOS era, as I just can't get into their taking on the classic cast roles.

Yeah, the sets, lighting, camera angles, editing, acting style (everything really) are so accurately recreated that if these were different characters you'd swear this was a genuine lost spin-off show shot in the 60s that they've found in a vault somewhere... but as soon as they introduce themselves as Kirk, Spock and Bones, you just think... oh, this a fan film.

I think I'm gonna be backing this show up for future watching, just in case CBS decide to make trouble and pull their streaming videos.

bionicbob said:
Episode 6 "COME NOT BETWEEN THE DRAGONS" has been released:

Hell of an episode! So nice I watched it twice, the alien dude was wicked and I loved everything about the costume, but the story is what really counts and I found it to be quite moving by the end.

100% STAR TREK.

http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/stc-...n-and-discussion.281564/page-12#post-11687786

Our Love Letter to Star Trek
By Vic Mignogna

In a matter of hours, thousands of STAR TREK fans will converge on Las Vegas for the 50th Anniversary convention. Our favorite show premiered on NBC on a Thursday night in 1966, and September 8th will again fall on a Thursday in this anniversary year. If you’re coming to the Las Vegas event, please do say hello if you see our cast members like Chris Doohan, Kipleigh Brown, Michael Forest, Michele Specht, and me. Several of our dedicated crew people will be coming to Vegas, too – including talented makeup artists Lisa Hansell and Tim Vittetoe, who will be demonstrating alien prosthetic makeup application and answering audience questions at the Roddenberry Interactive Stage on Friday afternoon at the Rio.

Fans have been celebrating this anniversary year with special events and conventions, new merchandise to enjoy, a new movie, and with a healthy dose of reflection about what STAR TREKmeans in their lives.

We’ve been very humbled by the amazing reaction to Episode Six, “Come Not Between the Dragons.” The amazing talent of Gigi Edgley really brought a powerful touch to this episode, and it was wonderful to have a native Australian aboard the Enterprise. I hope all of you enjoyed Episode Six, and we’ve got some insight into that beautiful story in this issue.

At STAR TREK CONTINUES, we are excited about the premiere of our seventh episode – “Embracing the Winds” – that will have a convention screening on Friday, September 2 at the Salt Lake City Comic Con. A day later, our new episode screens at Toronto’s Fan Expo. It’s our personal tribute to a half-century ofSTAR TREK.

I want to assuage any concerns that our fans may have about the current climate. We fully intend that the kind donations from our supporters will be used for the exact purpose for which they were donated.

STAR TREK CONTINUES is the only official 501(c)3 non-profit Trek fan production company out there dedicated solely to TREK. We are awaiting further clarification, but I am optimistic about completing our planned series and I would like to ask all of our fans to remain optimistic with us. We have a plan to bring STAR TREK CONTINUES to a close with an outstanding final episode arc.

We are working at warp speed to complete STAR TREK CONTINUES. Below is a photo of the bottom of the last page of the script for the final episode in our series.

Spoiler: STC final scene

We have been humbled and honored beyond words by the kindness, enthusiasm and support of our series, and we will continue to demonstrate the integrity and quality that have defined STAR TREK CONTINUES from the beginning.

STAR TREK CONTINUES is our love letter to the series, a true effort of joy that we do just because we love the vision of Gene Roddenberry and the world he and others created.

Back
Top Bottom