• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek Continues Featuring Chris Doohan and Grant Imahara

First full episode has been released. All round excellent production, but I still don't care for Vic's Kirk performance... the voice is just all wrong to me...:p Otherwise, awesome sauce! :D

You're right about Vic...Camptain Kirk much?

I think he plays the role pretty decently.

Rogue-theX said:
I think he plays the role pretty decently.

I have now watched this THREE TIMES, and I must admit his performance is growing on me. Much like it took me a little while to adapt to Crawley's interpretation.

But the more I watch, the more and more I am impressed with the production values! Amazing!

And the new ship's counselor is pretty amazing too! :D (...just don't tell my wife... hee hee)

Just watched this and really enjoyed it. The story was good, the production was great, and most of the acting was decent.

I thought Vic's performance was really good. The voice is a little off, but the look and mannerisms of Kirk were well done, IMO. I didn't care for Grant Imahara's performance much, and I really didn't like the guy who played McCoy, but otherwise not bad.

Fun connection about an episode centered around Apollo. Jamie Bamber (who played "Apollo" on BSG) was the crew member who bit the dust on the hull.

I look forward to future episodes!

ThrowgnCpr said:
...and I really didn't like the guy who played McCoy, but otherwise not bad.

McCoy was played by legendary uber-Trekie Larry Nemecek. He has written tons of articles and books, a convention staple, he has appeared in many of the Trek dvd bonus features as an authority, has his own successful podcast, Trek blogger, etc, etc, etc..... This man may be the ultimate Trekker.
He also appeared in one of the early Phase II/New Voyages episodes. Though he usually has a beard and his hair is very blond/grey now. So he may have been cast to give the production extra Trek cred? But a trained actor he is not.

yeah, its cool that someone so in love with the franchise can be involved, but he isn't a good actor. Maybe he'll settle into the character a little more as they continue. Still, I really enjoyed the episode.

Looks like we we are getting a double dose of TREK this week, as STC released their second episode this week with very little fanfare....

How did the plot work for you on that, Rogue?
I watched the intro, the sequence up to the neck pinch then went to sleep.
One point I noticed about this and Phase II was how "light" the leads' voices were.
Everyone of these guys needs to drop their voice a tone to sound more authoritative.
At least, to me.
Could be, they are just excited. And, yes, I shouldn't nitpick, but they are getting so close with effects and overall production values to pounding this out of the park.

This release is FANTASTIC! It does what TOS does better than any other Trek series -- asks questions, explores humanity and comments of current social issues all the while telling an entertaining story without feeling preachy. A great piece of work. The lighting particular was beautiful, the classic use of primary colours.... Everything about this show was pretty close to perfect for a fan production.... The guest cast was superb! Colonel Deering! The HULK!!! Can you tell I really enjoyed this story? Lol.

But yeah, Vic's Kirk voice is still not quite there yet, but it did not bother me as much as it did in the previous release.

An awesome continuation of the Trekverse. Now time to watch the Phase II release! I am in Trek Heaven tonight! :whoo:

Vultural said:
How did the plot work for you on that, Rogue?
I watched the intro, the sequence up to the neck pinch then went to sleep.
One point I noticed about this and Phase II was how "light" the leads' voices were.
Everyone of these guys needs to drop their voice a tone to sound more authoritative.
At least, to me.
Could be, they are just excited. And, yes, I shouldn't nitpick, but they are getting so close with effects and overall production values to pounding this out of the park.

I thought it was just fine, I was entertained start to finish, no big thoughts about it, just another decent episode of the original series to me (I of course mean that in a good way).

EPISODE THREE now online!!!

Once again the production values leave me completed stunned! Wake UP CBS!!! STAR TREK LIVES! Forget the damn movie reboot, put people like this in charge (people who actually know, love and care about Trek!!!) and bring back Star Trek to television!

OK, this is probably going to blow bionicbob's mind, as well as several others here...the attention to detail is even more impressive than I had thought!

Yep! I was flabbergasted the first time I watched... LOL!
Their love for detail is exceptional and their production quality is extraordinary!

My only qualm is at times it feels like they are being too faithful to TOS, going so far as to recreate the exact same Enterprise in space shots we have seen a million times in reruns.

The big thing I appreciate and love more about PHASE II is they are evolving TOS, pushing the look, style and characters towards the movieverse, and in the process giving the stories a slightly more cinematic and epic flavour.

Both shows are fantastic! Each offering its own unique interpretation of the classic series. Which is great, because as I always say, there can never be enough Trek. :)

bionicbob said:
EPISODE THREE now online!!!

Once again the production values leave me completed stunned! Wake UP CBS!!! STAR TREK LIVES! Forget the damn movie reboot, put people like this in charge (people who actually know, love and care about Trek!!!) and bring back Star Trek to television!

Finally got around to watching this.

In a word:

WowthatwassoamazingIloveditfromstarttofinish! ;)

Back
Top Bottom