• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek BUGS - An All New Star Trek OTS Episode

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Wow, two people working on the same fan edit at the same time. Given the films involved, kinda weird this time around. Great minds think alike I guess? :grin:
I enjoyed "Bugs" a lot and the only flaw I found a little distracting was the jerkiness in some of the Trek footage. Would that be caused by "dropped frames" or some other such thing?

BTW, I have a simple explanation for Chekov's sudden appearance and disappearance. He was covering Sulu's 15 minute coffee break, that's all :smile:

Hi there.

Nick and I have discussed this in detail. Although we are both doing edits of the same movie, our ideas are very different.

There will be a post appearing in the IN THE WORKS forum very shortly regarding this, please keep an eye out.

MERLIN. 8)

It seems that Star Trek BUGS has disappeared from Rapidshare. So the V.2 version which is currently a torrent at Pirate Bay will be uploaded to Rapidshare. Also an AVI version will also be uploaded which is only 400mb and 5 rar files, so a quick download version will now be available.

This was my first ever attempt at FanEditing so it is far from polished but Star Trek fans should get a few laughs and enjoy a new original series episode.

Updates will follow

Great fun. Really Enjoyed it Mollo. Was the first fan-edit I saw & now addicted. Keep up the good work.

Have to admit it, i kinda liked it, i would love to see something similar done now using the new remastered STTOS , I THINK the blend between series would be even smoother, well done

I liked it too, Mollo. It was the best laugh I've had in a while, and I think more fanedits should be done for fun, so well done from me too! :smile:

I personally think the old un-remastered Star Trek is best for this, as it shows that the edit is not taking itself too seriously and makes the spliced-together feel more amusing.

"Utterly Clever and Charming"

This edit has been on my "I really should watch this" list for years now.
And now I totally regret that I waited so long.

This was so FUN! An absolute joy to watch! I enjoyed every second of it.

I can only imagine the hours and hours and hours that went into this finding the footage to craft this all new narrative. This really must have been a work of love and passion.

If I was to nitpick (it's what Trekkers do, eh?), I thought the closing "planet joke" came off as a little cold, cruel and out of character, but I totally understand why it was done and it works as a good closer.

And to chirp in on the original footage vs. remastered debate, if another version were ever made, I think using Remastered Clips would only enhance the viewing experience more. But that's only my imo.

Definitely a good time and I recommend it to anyone who has not seen it and is a Trek fan.:high5:

DVD is still available. AVI's are no longer there.

btw, I don't think you need a moderator for this kind of thing. I just checked by putting the dlc into jdownloader, which is what I assume everyone does.

DVD5 has been reuploaded to Rapidshare. DLC submitted to Info.

SWEET!

This a great edit. I highly recommend it to any Trek fans or anyone who wants to see a brilliantly executed mash-up edit!

A revision of the edit originally done by Nick Mollo. I recreated his edit in full HD (1080p) using the HD sources (except for Lexx, which I upscaled to 1080p using AI software). The revision is fairly faithful to Nick's edit for the first two thirds of the video. The major difference is that I added clips from the series Lexx to provide ship to ship action between the Enterprise and a "bug" ship. I did not use Nick's edit for the last third (maybe quarter) as I didn't care for the inclusion of the story arc based on "Operation: Annihilate!". Instead, I present an extended space combat action between the Enterprise and the bug ship (Lexx). I also made English subtitles for this version.

Back
Top Bottom